file Game Metrics

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
10 Aug 2013 01:49 #1
Just some quick info for info's sake (and maybe put things in perspective on how difficult it can be to debug problems)

Current game metrics:

Total Lines of Code: 54,532
Network Code: 13,318 Lines
Marble Code: 2,815 Lines
Longest Script: 1084 Lines

The leftover 38,400 lines are comprised of all the miscellaneous scripts, such as Game Modes, multiplayer chat, score screens, UI (There is a massive UI framework setup, even if I'm not fully taking advantage of it atm), timer, gem collection, rendering effects (sunshafts, Anti-Aliasing, reflection), custom shaders [multi-shade tiling], and many more under the hood systems.

Materials Used: 147
Uncompressed Asset/Audio/Texture Total Size: 521mb

Game is obviously still FAR from finished, and I continue to add at least two to three hundred lines of code a day...

Luckily I'm pretty good with naming my scripts and doing a bit of commenting, but even so it takes longer to find a squash bugs. Just wanted to share the info because it's pretty ridiculous.

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
10 Aug 2013 02:19 #2
Sounds like MBP, except not really.

Man networking code, that much? That sounds like Unity's networking is terrible if you needed to write that much. Most of the code should come with the game engine...

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
10 Aug 2013 02:34 #3
I'm using a custom solution which results in being able to use multiplayer cross platform (Mac vs. PC, Xbox vs. Mac, iOS vs Android, iOS vs PS4, PC vs Android, etc). It also uses cloud based networking so that I don't ever have to host anything on a dedicated server. It's an alternative to Unity's networking entirely. Also.. I didn't write the base for it, I am just using it.

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
10 Aug 2013 02:39 #4
Ah okay, I got ya, I was gonna be like wow that must have taken a long time to write the base. And I see why your using it, it makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.952 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.