file Looking for an old mod of some sort, might be wrong.

• KingReach117
  • KingReach117's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
10 Mar 2020 17:57 #1
So it took me couple of years to find this game again (Marble Blast Gold), but it's quiet different from what I remember it to be.
I've remembered the UI being identical, that demo button on the bottom.

But something that was completely different, was it's levels and marble skins.
Music was also completely different.

This was 2001/2003 era I believe. I was pretty young back then.

Marbles were glass, they weren't opaque.
I remember one that was green, with pink aura in it.
Another one outside grey, different shape, inside pink.

If it's even the same game, probably not, I remember this one having demo mode too where I'd watch a replay in the main menu.
There was this graveyard level with a big tree in the middle similar but yet different from that pic on the website.

Levels weren't completely on the open.
Some were more or less closed look alike.

Pads where the marble starts were blue, I also remember that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 24
11 Mar 2020 12:24 #2
Looking at your description, I believe what you're talking about is Orbz.

It is indeed a game from said time frame and built on the same game engine, albeit on an older version. But, it also has different mechanics overall, like levels having actual terrain on top of interiors themselves, and getting points from... basically bonking stars. I too have played this many years ago, can't remember exactly when, so I looked it up again a couple weeks ago, I downloaded it but it refused to run on my PC. I can't quite remember what the UI looked like, but I'm sure it was different from that of Marble Blast's.

I don't know whether the game's community still exists, so I wish you good luck getting any information about it if you need it.

On another note, glad to hear you finally found Marble Blast! Consider stopping by on the Webchat and maybe the Discord server as well, so maybe we can discuss this further in the off-topic channel.

• KingReach117
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
11 Mar 2020 12:49 - 11 Mar 2020 16:54 #3
Sir, you have really made my day, at a tipping point of me crying out of happines. Thank you soo much, this is indeed the game I was searching for, for over 10 years now. I'll be able to enjoy both marble blast and orbz at the same time. Once again, thank you for your rapid response, and correct anwser!

EDIT:
I'd love to join the discord server and be a part of this community, but the discord invitation link doesn't let me.
I believe this is due to it being full, is there any way of extenting the amount of members or?

I took some time to see if I could get it to run on Windows 10 and I managed to do so.
My build is 1803 and I had to disable AV.

Make sure to run it in administrator, win xp service pack 2, and in windowed mode, for some reason fullscreen crashes on loading the world.

Here try this: www.doublegames.com/orbz.html

This game is literally abandonware, it's very hard to comeby. And has max of 2/3 videos on youtube I managed to find.
Oh but that music, brings back good memories.
And each level, quiet correctly remembered.

Game is actually even better than I remember.

After further tweaking, 1080p fullscreen seems to work too.
Found this if you're interested, here's some courses and stuff made by the community:
onedrive.live.com/?id=AF12117515250115%2...cid=AF12117515250115
Last edit: 11 Mar 2020 16:54 by KingReach117.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
11 Mar 2020 19:20 #4

KingReach117 wrote: I'd love to join the discord server and be a part of this community, but the discord invitation link doesn't let me.
I believe this is due to it being full, is there any way of extenting the amount of members or?

Current link to join the Discord is at the top of Webchat. Either use the link in the site header or log into PQ ;)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• KingReach117
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
11 Mar 2020 20:24 - 11 Mar 2020 20:38 #5
It just won't let me join.
I tried sending the invitation to my friend, we both get the same thing "Invitation invalid".
Last edit: 11 Mar 2020 20:38 by KingReach117.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.789 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.