compress Discord Server Icon Submissions

• Doomblah
  • Doomblah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Marble Blast Veteran
  • Thank you received: 83
07 Mar 2021 04:49 #1
We might start doing something were we change the icon for the Discord server on a monthly basis. Problem is we only have a few different designs, not enough for each month. If you wanna design different variations of the PQ logo that we may use for the discord icon submit them here

Here is the base icon, have fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, azful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38
07 Mar 2021 11:36 #2
this is a cute fun thing, thanks for making the thread :D

heres some st patricksy ones

i like the first one better i think

heres some heart ones

idk i like pink and i like hearts

also have some bonus ones that are stupid but ill post them anyways w/e

i know these are dumb and stupid and dumb but i thought itd be a cool thing to contribute to :blush: :pinch:

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, NF, Yoshicraft224

• Thank you received: 405
07 Mar 2021 14:21 #3
These are SO CUTE! I love the first one as well. The second heart one is good too, and the last one is really cool!

Here's a list of what we have so far.

January: Normal white logo because January is boring.
February: Heart logo for Valentine's Day I guess.
March: St. Patrick's Day logo because that is the only festive thing about March.
April: Nothing yet.
May: Nothing yet.
June: Rainbow PQ logo for pride month and it also looks cool.
July: Original PQ icon, the textured one, to celebrate PQ's anniversary.
August: Nothing yet.
September: Nothing yet.
October: Halloween PQ logo, for obvious reasons.
November: Nothing yet.
December: Winterfest PQ logo which is super cute and stuff.

Some ideas:

NOTE: These ideas are biased towards nature and the northern hemisphere. I'd love some other perspectives!

– March: Actually up here March is when they tap maple trees but that's too specific for the whole server haha, also maple leaf could go in September and be more fitting there maybe because that's when the leaves are prettiest.
– April: a rainy logo for April! I would prefer rain over a flower for April because February heart is pink and cute and April would contrast that for those of us who are more boring and prefer stereotypically bad weather.
– May: I have no specific ideas, but I feel like green and yellow are May colors. Maybe a yellow flower.
– August: I don't know, whenever I think of August I think of hot sun, maybe something like that.
– September: I'd love something to do with autumn leaves, that could be really pretty!
– November: Oh I don't know, here November is absolutely disgusting because everything is dying, so there's not really anything special about it. I can't think of anything for this subpar month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azful

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
07 Mar 2021 21:24 - 07 Mar 2021 21:32 #4
I think it's fair to base the icons off of the northern hemisphere, since the majority of not only people but also, more importantly, the MB community, is there. Same reason the eastern and western USA timezones are listed for events.

I'd say that January and April/May (Google says April, MB site says May) could use MBU and MBG (other than Groovyball ofc since that's June, we don't need any more generic pandery rainbow icons) textures respectively, but that'd be kinda unfair against MBP since that came out in December. Maybe MBP textures could be used for December and the Winterfest icon for January? "Winter" is all January's really known for other than New Year's, which is kinda hard to do.

-January: Maybe the MBU textures? Just match up the original PQ logo's textures with MBU's (aka replace the PQ wall texture with one of MBU's)
-February: I REALLY like Az's February ones, especially the middle one. I'd love for that to be used in the future.Instead of having that pixel heart though it should just be similar to that shape, but styled like the rest of the logo.
-March: Not a huge fan of how specifically THAT version looks, but again I like Az's bottom March one a lot, with the green "foreground" and gold "background"
-April and May: Don't have many ideas for either but one should be MBG in a similar fashion to January's MBU one. Maybe even just use the logo of the new community server for that instead of replacing parts of the original PQ logo.
-June: good luck suggesting anything else
-July: Original PQ logo ofc
-August: Something summery probably
-September: Since we have a pride PQ logo for June I think we should have a lust PQ logo for September. idk where to fit the other 5 sins tho
-October: Frightfest
-November: Something autumny. I actually made a mockup here, but like I said for March, this one doesn't have to be final, just something like it. Also I totally stole that leaf shape from the Canadian flag. I wanted to make the red a little more vibrant but idk how to do that without it standing out too much, and possibly more than the actual sort of "foreground" part of the logo
-December: I guess Winterfest.

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 07 Mar 2021 21:32 by Yoshicraft224. Reason: Added info in the February segment about replacing the pixel heart

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
08 Mar 2021 02:40 - 08 Mar 2021 14:26 #5
Alright, enough jokes. We all know that April should feature a PQ developer. with permission

A less obnoxious view:

the inner circle is slightly oblong
Last edit: 08 Mar 2021 14:26 by Weather. Reason: goodbye Jeff
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Nockess, CylinderKnot, azful

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
01 Apr 2021 14:47 #6
People talked about some kind of rain-themed icon for April, so this is my first attempt at making anything that would resemble that kind of thing.

I also made this because I got bored.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

• Thank you received: 405
01 Apr 2021 15:19 #7
I have no idea how to do this sort of thing, otherwise I would try to make my own icons, but could you do something with rain drops similar to the 3fscared one where you have rain in the middle of the PQ logo? Or something. Just a thought to compare.

• Thank you received: 2
01 May 2021 18:09 #8
Jeef.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.869 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.