file hey guys it me

• Sh_rp
  • Sh_rp's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
31 Aug 2021 00:02 #1
hello eveyone its me siharp from the marble blast comunity I am very new and was wondering if I could patent my "Sh_rp" Skip? I dont know if this is the way to do it or if I have to patent it through the united states patent and trademark office but I am very exicted to "marble it up"!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sh_rp
  • Sh_rp's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
31 Aug 2021 00:05 #2
Am I allowed to post this?

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
31 Aug 2021 20:48 #3
To be a bit blunt, I have no idea what you are talking about.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Weather
  • Away
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
01 Sep 2021 00:25 - 01 Sep 2021 00:50 #4
I assume you are talking about your username and not a speedrun maneuver. This shouldn't be in the dignified Marble Blast section of the forums, but I suppose this kind of thread is otherwise allowed. Try not to double-post; edit your posts instead. I will entertain you and the people gawking from Discord.

I have done very little previous research on trademark law, but after a mild-length straightforward browsing of the internet, I have come to the following superficial understanding:

Practically, words cannot be patented or copyrighted, but they can be trademarked. The purpose of a trademark is to avoid confusion of providers of goods or services with each other, so if a word doesn't fulfill this purpose, it is not a trademark. Accordingly, trademark rights are limited by whether the trademark is actually used and the class of good or service it is used to identify (so the same word can be used independently for different classes of products). I can't find a clear explanation of where a trademark can exist for noncommercial goods or services.

Trademarks can be used without registry, but with much more limitation on suing infringers. To register a trademark, an application must be made to the USPTO. There is a fee.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2021 00:50 by Weather. Reason: OH

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.048 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.