check I made a web port of Marble Blast Platinum

• Vanilagy
  • Vanilagy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 49
15 Oct 2021 15:38 - 05 Jun 2023 15:45 #1
Well, of the single-player part of it. You can still switch back to MBG in the website if you so desire.

Play it here: marbleblast.vaniverse.io/
GitHub here: github.com/Vanilagy/MarbleBlast

The changes are:
- Implemented Marble Blast Platinum. Well, at least the single-player part of it. This includes a completely new menu, new levels, new options, new sounds, new music and new gameplay elements. The added gameplay elements are checkpoints, teleporters, nukes, magnets, MBP frictions, bouncy floor, random power-ups and easter eggs.
- Added 1608 new levels. This includes the 120 MBP default levels as well as 1488 MBP customs taken from Marbleland.
- Implemented game switching. To still be able to play the pure Marble Blast Gold, you can now quickly switch between the two games in the main menu.
- Made physics more consistent. Continuous collision detection got a makeover, so all collision (including edge-hits) should be way more accurate and reliable now. Hitting internal edges should also happen much more rarely now.
- Added a fancy new particle renderer. Tens of thousands of particles on screen at one time will now run smooth like butter. Like a criminal undercover.
- Many bugfixes and improvements. Tons of smaller bugs and inconsistencies were fixed and the game was optimized and improved in many places.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 15:45 by RandomityGuy. Reason: vani.ga -> vaniverse.io
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, RandomityGuy, Jiquor, Red_zone, Flipowitz, c0wmanglr, Enzone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
15 Oct 2021 20:15 - 15 Oct 2021 20:17 #2
Happy 1-Year Anniversary of Vanilagy's Marble Blast Web Port!

Your port just keeps getting better and better, and it also helps macOS users play without having to worry about 32 bit issues or having to deal with BOOTCAMP/Virtual Machines/Wine/CrossOver. It's amazing how MBP is on here now, and I am excited to run through this again especially with the amazing physics.

Props to you and your hard work. Catch me on Discord if you can as well, been meaning to speak with you.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2021 20:17 by Jiquor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanilagy

• Vanilagy
  • Vanilagy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 49
15 Oct 2021 21:49 #3
Thank you so much!

Could you DM me? I can't seem to find you...

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
15 Oct 2021 23:42 #4
Hell yeah!

How long before you implement challenges? Also, I see you have replaced the "Spy47 was here" button with a replay button; probably a smart move.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Red_zone
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • when that cold brew hits
  • Thank you received: 2
16 Oct 2021 10:36 #5
AW YEAH!
Finally, we get MBP!
Congratulations on 1 year and making this!
You really are a legend.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.028 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.