file Weird Marble Blast-related dreams

• Josep_Nollette
  • Josep_Nollette's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
15 Jul 2022 02:31 #1
It seems that every now and then I have this dream that involves Marble Blast... usually some feature or installment that doesn't exist in the versions we play in real life.

Last night, case in point, I dreamed that the original 2002 release of Marble Blast had an alternate level menu that only displayed the level's photo and whether it was unlocked (qualified). There'd also be an alternate level completion screen that did not display the top three times - just the elapsed time, qualify time and bonus time. These would be removed from the Gold edition in that dream's universe.

Earlier dreams, from what I can remember, involved
* a demo version of Marble Blast with a 60-minute time trial (except this version was official and not from a third-party distributor like RealArcade),
* a version of Marble Blast Platinum where pressing the WASD keys tilts the level to move the marble (a la Kororinpa, the Super Monkey Ball series or Mercury Meltdown) instead of having the marble move on its own,
* another version of Platinum, where all the gems and the finish pad are replaced with fruit (collect all the fruit to win the level), and
* a "final stage" that plays like a planet in Super Mario Galaxy
Many other dreams in between simply involved custom levels. One such dream involved a custom level that was Dalmatian-themed.

Has anyone else had similar dreams?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
15 Jul 2022 13:30 #2
I have gotten dreams pertaining to Marble Blast before, including multiplayer with community members, large levels, and much more incoherent stuff.

• Thank you received: 17
15 Jul 2022 18:57 #3

Josep_Nollette wrote:

• a "final stage" that plays like a planet in Super Mario Galaxy

oh no, exoplanet 2

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
16 Jul 2022 05:25 - 16 Jul 2022 05:26 #4
Interesting stories. I'll have to talk with you more about these occurrences.

Some of the stages I built for STOP II (which were never really checked out by anyone, making me feel I was left in the dust with intent, unfortunately - hence the name "underrated creators" given to those individuals that reach that stride, such as myself) were actually inspired by some dreams - not JUST about Marble Blast, but anything in general that I would consider fitting for my building style, which highly differs from most others who stride* this damned forum. That's why some of my levels have a certain eclectic, creepy, and nostalgic style. Especially the recent D.L.C, including #5, one which I may just release as a separate collection of stages that anyone can put into STOP II at their own leisure.

Common examples of this include "Ventilation Invasion", "Trapped in the Sewer", "Truck in the Rest Area", and "Secret of the Frozen Village". There are many others I have built that were inspired by dreams I've had.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2022 05:26 by Jiquor. Reason: Stride - not strive.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.780 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.