file I can't. I just can't.

• ImNotAllThatGood
  • ImNotAllThatGood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Back as of June 2018.
  • Thank you received: 17
14 Mar 2016 13:08 - 07 Apr 2016 17:22 #1
In order to get a colored name now, I have to beat all the MBG Gold times, and all the MBP Platinum times. This is just not feasible for me. I have other commitments I have made that I have to do. It is not possible nor can I even beat all those levels. Do I have to stick with a black name or do I have to do it? I really want a colored name badly.

-INATG

I'm just a 15 year old who's been playing MB for over a decade and can be annoying at times.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2016 17:22 by ImNotAllThatGood. Reason: Changed UT to PT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
14 Mar 2016 13:51 - 14 Mar 2016 13:51 #2
you only have to beat the platinum times, not the ultimate ones (still the gold too though)
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 13:51 by Frostfire.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
14 Mar 2016 14:50 #3
If you really want a coloured username, yeah, you will have to beat all platinum times and gold times. You have plenty of time to do that though, just take your time, if you get too frustrated with a level, just skip it and get back to it later.

A few people wanted to make coloured usernames all ultimate times, so be glad we chose this. :P

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
14 Mar 2016 14:54 #4
Getting a colored username should be a big accomplishment, therefore getting it should be difficult. Beating all the platinum times isn't all that hard (a couple of them can be a little tricky admittedly). You just have to be good enough, have patience, and know a bunch of the certain tricks you need to perform. I honestly think that one needs to get all ultimate times as it proves that you're able to take any challenge that comes to you, but I'll go with just platinum times.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• ImNotAllThatGood
  • ImNotAllThatGood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Back as of June 2018.
  • Thank you received: 17
15 Mar 2016 22:52 #5
I do not have enough time nor the required amount of effort to beat all those times. I cannot beat them before PQ releases and its levels being added. Can I get a colored name by doing something else?

-INATG

I'm just a 15 year old who's been playing MB for over a decade and can be annoying at times.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
15 Mar 2016 23:34 #6
Honestly I think a year is plenty of time. :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
16 Mar 2016 18:36 #7
No, there is no other way. This is the standard now.
In the past it was 500 posts (and later, 750 posts), but it's useless on these boards.
Then it changed to arbitrary requirements that no one knew what they are.
Now we have a proper standard.
PlatinumQuest adds a further standard down the line, so it will stay as-is.

You have at the very least 9 to 21 months to reach the current goal, so there is no reason to commit an hour once a week or so (plus, I'm sure you have school holidays).

Regislian wrote: If you really want a coloured username, yeah, you will have to beat all platinum times and gold times. You have plenty of time to do that though, just take your time, if you get too frustrated with a level, just skip it and get back to it later.

A few people wanted to make coloured usernames all ultimate times, so be glad we chose this. :P

Yes, we know. It is the requirement and we agreed it is easy enough to attain but takes a while due to all the levels.
Honestly as Regis mentioned, a few of us, myself included, wanted to set it much harder. Myself and another one wanted to make it so extreme that only few people, maybe 10 tops, would be able to attain it. And rozi isn't one of them :p so for those saying "too easy" watch for what you're asking for because the other end is brutal.

...I could make it so you would lose your colored username until you get the sinister challenge beaten ;)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Frostfire, Nockess

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
16 Mar 2016 20:04 #8
...Or you could just live your life and recognize that having a colored name doesn't define your place in this community. It doesn't cure cancer, increase the gas mileage on your car, or reverse the aging process.

Also if you really want something bad enough, you work and do whatever it takes to get it. Now you know what that is - trying to beat around it won't help you.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD, Jeff, Regislian, NF, Polarium, Xedron

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
16 Mar 2016 21:51 #9

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
16 Mar 2016 22:04 #10

Weather wrote: Well as long as you want it...

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB, Three, Derpky, Nockess

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.