file Minecraft

• Elektrix
  • Elektrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
04 Mar 2013 23:27 #1
Who wants to talk about mine craft?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
29 Jul 2013 17:44 #2
I do!!

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
30 Jul 2013 17:09 #3
Why not Minecraft on Marble Blast, or reversely?

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Thank you received: 31
31 Jul 2013 02:34 #4
Marblecraft / Mineblast

• Thank you received: 368
31 Jul 2013 04:13 #5
Marblecraft: Crafty manipulation of the marble with hasty moves in order to reach a destination.
Mineblast: Hitting a existing mine, resulting in a forceful explosion while attempting to follow the above.

31 Jul 2013 05:41 #6
Eh. Kinda lost my knack for Minecraft right around the 1.4/1.5 era. They started adding too many unnecessary features, and now they're even hiring community members to push content out on users.

I had a server that ran great from early early alpha (I was purchase #3015) all the way up through the end of beta and the first few versions of the release client, but not they're pushing updates every month or so, and I gave up on trying to update all of my server software and scripting that I had done. Used to be one of the more popular servers, alas it has not been online in over seven months now. Perhaps one day when I have less projects on my table I'll revive my Minecraft server and bring it back.

~Aayrl

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
31 Jul 2013 12:35 #7
Jul 30, 2013, 10:41pm, aayrl wrote:Eh. Kinda lost my knack for Minecraft right around the 1.4/1.5 era. They started adding too many unnecessary features, and now they're even hiring community members to push content out on users.

I had a server that ran great from early early alpha (I was purchase #3015) all the way up through the end of beta and the first few versions of the release client, but not they're pushing updates every month or so, and I gave up on trying to update all of my server software and scripting that I had done. Used to be one of the more popular servers, alas it has not been online in over seven months now. Perhaps one day when I have less projects on my table I'll revive my Minecraft server and bring it back.

~Aayrl

Totally agree. Another thing that spoiled fun of playing minecraft or me is that they now spoil all features by snapshots. I understand the fact that it helps lowering amount of bugs and make next update release faster. I remember times back in i think it was alpha 0.9 or something (right before beta came out) when i purchases MC and notch barely spoiled anything about upcoming features, it made me very anticipated and people always had these rumors and everything, when update came out: BAM everyone was so happy looking for new features and it keeped me ''addicted'' for another month or so till next update became released.

My most favorite updates where 1.0 (adventure update) witch added mineshafts 1.5 witch added weather and 1.6 witch added maps.

Recent updates are very disappointing, ex redstone update were they didn't finished up promised animal moving out of carts + people have to use 1000 hoppers to make pipe that will move items 1000blocks away WTF. I understand they didn't wanted to copy buildcraft but still

I plan to do some singleplayer vanilla map sometime again and hopefully get it to some decent level becase every time i try to do singleplayer map, new update is announced that will change terrain generator thus making these weird differently generated map borders between new and old generated chunks again or new features not added to existing chunks.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

31 Jul 2013 13:20 #8
Yeah, some former friends loved Minecraft and especially people in school. I think there's too much variety now, and I would enjoy more goals for the player to set (World after the end, anyone?) instead of this:
Code:Main Path
A - Hit trees.
B - Make a Wooden Pickaxe.
Ca - Make more wooden items.
Cb - Get stone and make stone items.
Da - Find iron.
Db - Make a house.
Daa - Make iron tools and find diamond. (go to G)
Dab - Make iron tools and build a house (go to E)
E - Pass one night mining.
Fa - Fight some mobs.
Fb - Find a village and loot it.
G - Get diamond and make a Nether portal. (go to Nether Path)

Nether Path (or Another path)
Aa - ... Sandbox please.
Ab - Get back in the overworld and make me a cauldron with a trapdoor and a button with cocoa beans inside!

Farmer's Path
...Yeah.

End Path
A - Hit trees.
B - Make a Wooden Pickaxe to mine stone and get a stone sword.
C - Kill many Endermen.
D - Get to the end. And then the end.

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
31 Jul 2013 13:27 #9
I don't know what you guys mean. It's gotten way better and I actually enjoy these new updates. In fact, I've upgraded to things such as FTB (Feed The Beast) which is an EXTREME mod pack. Practically a whole new game. And it keeps the fun going for me. Still a great game despite the updates. Although I do agree the older versions felt more like minecraft.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
31 Jul 2013 14:29 #10
End Path

E - Try to kill the Ender-IsraeliRed-Dragon (no offense)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
31 Jul 2013 15:42 #11
I've tried FTB, and actually played it for quite a while, but then there are SO MANY MODS it'd make my head explode. I don't want three ways to get things done, I want ONE.

I decided to even go back to 1.6 (which won't run on this computer because it needs JAVA 1.6, stupid java), where I then made a simple build and stared other stuffs. 1.6 is really buggy, more so than 1.3 and such. Issues I found myself so far include horrible syncing of mobs so that they shift exactly 1-2 blocks, then the stupid idea to merge new riding mechanics with minecarts and boats, so that boats can't turn or decelerate at all, as well as animals never stop panicking, all brought on by new features. They did say that they would stop adding new features per a user request. I'm not sure if they'll follow through, but I'd hope so (for some things, for now).

I've recently set up a rudimentary creative (thick) flatworld server, which I am uncertain if it is publicly forwarded, but it's enough for me for now. But I have been bored as to play MarbleBlast for some time now, loading the CLA and packs all at once in a 60 second routine. Silly me. At least 1.20 supports subdividing groups.

One can only enjoy Minecraft if they have a good machine and hardware (and internet), or else they would be doomed to latency, jerkiness, and inability to defend one's self from skeletons and zombies. Maybe I could try for one of many times to learn to successfully hack and code, but I'd doubt it.
I have some of the worst (or just oldest) computers ever. A laptop > desktops. Except at some really old stuff.

I have never made it to the end. Have set up brewery, have done some enchanting, but never went through a portal (discounting mods and creative, but still, even then I've rarely done so.) Mostly because I can never get the eyes I need, because I die really quick, due to evil hardware. And I tend to lose desire to play after a few costly deaths. I also have a horrible sense of building, can never think things out, and get distracted very easily and extensively. I am also bad at creativity. Too much logic and simpleness in my mind to think clever things out.

I HATE looking at online videos. Videos take forever. Take forever to load and play. Probably not even relevant. Never any written documentation. Mostly just one bit I need to know. And then it would be forgotten. And I don't do well at listening to things. I want to find things out myself or written out, not in some obscured video. For Minecraft, I would do better with short-but-complete information, not extensive and boring explanations. And I may still be confused, especially if it involves mods (which are always imbalanced). All of this tends to be forced upon by Minecraft. I could do better on my own. And I tend to make things overly complicated along the way.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
31 Jul 2013 16:33 #12
Way too long to read! (trollface)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
31 Jul 2013 16:53 #13
I hope this was not a serious remark and just a useless spam post that shouldn't be in this thread, Ralph.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

31 Jul 2013 16:55 #14
Way too long? Read this!
(The joke is ruined when it's not on a post, but I don't want to spam this place up)
i.imgur.com/FLkgdcs.png

• Thank you received: 67
31 Jul 2013 18:56 #15
But... that post right there is more likely to get you a warning than the one before. Complaining about warnings/verbal warnings will most likely get you a warning/make it greater. If you think you did wrong, acknowledge your mistake, but don't overreact upon it. Your signature is more likely to get you a warning than a single semi-spammy post.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
31 Jul 2013 19:25 #16
Alright, I'm deleting these useless comments...

31 Jul 2013 23:50 #17
@Nobody I definitely agree. When a bunch of my buddies and I first purchased Minecraft, it was in its early early alpha stage, I think the second or third version released by Notch to his customers. Back then, we had the limited 1000 x 1000 block maps with nothing but the basic block inventory. We spent 36 hours straight doing absolutely nothing but building these giant intricate underground caverns and castles.

Now I'm not saying the newer builds aren't interesting and fun, I just find the amount of content is overwhelming now, and discourages players from working together in the game. It was much more fun when the game was simple and the players had to simulate their own creative worlds. The game just feels all too complex and loaded with content that I'll never have the chance of fully enjoying, because I'll forget where that one mineshaft I ran into ended up and take off in some other random direction and get completely lost from my home base.

Back on my server, I modified some server scripts to prevent the use of certain blocks, such as redstone devices and crafting tables (keep reading) to keep the 'classic' feel on the server. I then began to use the Citizens plugin for Bukkit servers and essentially built my own RPG game with scripted events. I then used the Borders mod to keep players within a 5000 block grid (so they don't venture off too far and cause my server to overload via memory leaks) and build several 'instanced' worlds via the Portal mod.

Overall, the server was very successful, and I would have upwards of 30 users during peak hours. I had several cities with Quest mobs that would ask players to go harvest stone, and when a certain goal on the server was reached, the friendly mobs would build a new building in a city, or expand a wall, etc. As a reward, players were given tools and armor and experience. I then went a step further and restricted certain portals to a certain level of players, thus requiring folks to be, say, level 15 before they could venture into a mob dungeon, and I required players to form groups (with a custom mod I built) in order to enter. It really brought players together, and they enjoyed having to work for their equipment and special blocks, which they could then show off in their own little purchased huts via gold ingots (also rewarded via mobs).

Again, it's tough to keep up with the constant builds, so I may just end up running an old 1.3 or 1.4 server so I don't have to update anything and then keep a copy of my build on a remote server somewhere so other users can connect to it.

~Aayrl

01 Aug 2013 00:25 #18
If you dislike the current version of mc so much, why not use something like digiex minecraft launcher? You can dl old versions of mc dating back to like infdev.

• Thank you received: 57
01 Aug 2013 03:57 #19
I used to play Minecraft a ton, but once they started adding crazy amounts of extra features that I didn't want or need (basically anything to do with redstone), I lost interest.

01 Aug 2013 04:04 #20
The only thing I'm really happy about is the Nether Brick. Finally, when someone gets last place, I can give them @#$%. Literally this time.

01 Aug 2013 04:18 #21
How many still like the game? I dont see how you all could hate the new features. A lot of the minecraft community have been playing since alpha and are still embracing new features. And if you want, just do classic.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
03 Aug 2013 16:39 #22
I love playing with TNT! And turning them into blockers in MB.

• Elektrix
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Aug 2013 22:53 #23
I think some of the new updates were unnessicary especially the horses just to much. Also the new startup screen is sloppy showing all the coding while loading it. Anyways back to beta 1.8

18 Aug 2013 23:59 #24
I have beta 1.7.3 somewhere on here, when I played it it had blue buttons for home menu like 000088 or something. And it's not coding, it's just a console log. And it's a WIP, they'll neaten it up a bit. I still think they should've stuck with the old LWJGL, the new one has very sticky input... (And no need for Java 6! >:]) Silly computers. Generally, I don't play it often anymore due to the meh framerate and silly bugs. Sometimes I do, though.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
19 Aug 2013 15:14 #25
I got my face and my house blown up by 4 creepers, and as soon as I spawned, I was attacked by two zombies and five skeletons... what a bad luck...

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
19 Aug 2013 20:56 #26
Difficulty --> Peaceful! There, problem solved.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
19 Aug 2013 21:26 #27
Which teaches me not to play in Hard mode again.

• Elektrix
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Aug 2013 21:33 #28
My difficulty is usually easy or normal because I like a challenge but I don't want it to be to hard

19 Aug 2013 21:36 #29
I don't know why, but I fear playing in difficulty >Peaceful, but on Multiplayer, I don't, and even like playing on Hard. ...and in Multiplayer, I go solo all the time. So never do I team up with others.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
20 Aug 2013 23:49 #30
Blimey, next update include heavy terrain generator changes witch means it will break your map akwardly (if you know what i mean).
Screw you vanilla

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.997 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.