file Old vs. New shows

• Catzs
  • Catzs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
16 Apr 2012 19:15 #1
So, which shows were best? I have 2 videos i want to show you.

var pb_ad_url = ads.proboards.com/ad.pl?as=300x250&ap=BT...15&cb=+Math.random() ; document.write(''); Now this is back in he 90's. Where we were kids and early teens.

var pb_ad_url = ads.proboards.com/ad.pl?as=300x250&ap=BT...15&cb=+Math.random() ; document.write('');

Here is the new generation. Now vote in the poll and tell me what you think!

IMO, I think old shows are better. The new generation needs to be brought upin a good enviroment. Not these shows that steal the brain cells from them. All That, Keanen and Ken, The Amanada Show. Now those are pure stupidity that we all like. The stupidity in the new shows are, well, not really that funny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
16 Apr 2012 20:07 #2
Honestly, all the amusing and great shows were from the 90s because they expressed to us entertainment is distinct and it showed us we should be open to special and different fantasies. One of the best examples of a true 90s show is Rugrats.

Without this show, my world would be so wearily and limited. We wouldn't have been so innovative and intelligent without shows like that. It was like without these shows, our minds of imagination in our childhood would have been so dull and substandard.

That is why I thank the old Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney shows because they portrayed the theme of creativity.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
16 Apr 2012 20:20 #3
Voting for old. New shows are just overdosed with too much scifi crap and are just ugh.

My personal childhood favorites that i could even watch now is ''Ed Edd and Eddy'' ''Courage the Cowardly Dog'' and few others because they where stupid but they always made me laugh and where interesting to watch.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
16 Apr 2012 21:21 #4
Old shows. New ones have very little style and uniqueness to them. This can go with music, too.

(At first I thought it said Shoes, so I clicked it, expecting shoe pics. xD)

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
16 Apr 2012 21:31 #5
I hate when shows like So random try to copy All that!

Don't you see a similarity to the 2 intros?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
16 Apr 2012 23:50 #6
Apr 16, 2012, 2:21pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:Old shows. New ones have very little style and uniqueness to them. This can go with music, too.

(At first I thought it said Shoes, so I clicked it, expecting shoe pics. xD)

Im going to agree with proMarbler on the music side. I barely listen to *new* music, where most of the music i listen to is from 70s or 80s.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

17 Apr 2012 01:28 #7
I don't think you guys aren't giving any credit to today's culture at all. It would be just as easy to compare a really bad scene from a show that aired 15 years ago to the best scene of a show from yesterday.

I really can't decide. I'm a big fan of a lot of the older shows (ren and stimpy, rocko's modern life, courage) but also love some new ones just as much (adventure time, regular show, mlp).

There was a lull around the turn of the century with terrible everything (especially music), but things seem to have been picking up steam in the past few years. Depending on what kind of music you listen to there's been some real great stuff recently, i've seen especially in electronic and jazz (go a bit beyond the pop genres and you never know what you can find)

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
17 Apr 2012 01:39 #8
Let me rephrase that..country music is good from this century (and andy rejoices)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
17 Apr 2012 01:40 #9
Mmmm, nice reason! Especially Adventure Time. Regular Show, OK. If Adventure Time is one of the only shows the new generation will look back on. And for this, I feel sorry.

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
17 Apr 2012 02:35 #10
Mmm, I don't watch much TV, so I don't know much, but I will still vote for the oldies. Reading Rainbow brings back some great childhood memories for me, so it will always have a special place in my heart. I cannot stand the Mighty Bee; it annoys the hell out of me. There are some good new cartoons though.

As for music, that depends on the genre. Primarily, I like rock and heavy metal, which was in its golden age in the past, and isn't as popular now. Sadly, it has been overshadowed by teenagers singing with autotune about how they love/hate their significant other, and rappers who boast about sex, drugs, money, etc. There are some good rock/metal bands still around and a lot of the old ones are still going strong, but overall, it was better back in the old days. Don't get me wrong, there are some great pop/rap artists, but for the most part, I dislike the genres.

On the other hand, another genre I love is trance, and for me, trance has gotten better with time. Good music is not dead

• Thank you received: 67
17 Apr 2012 03:38 #11
Well, old shows. Boy Meets World. Now THAT was a good show.
I do also like some Old Old shows like Cheers and The Waltons.

New shows, well, I dont watch TV much, but I'd say Spongebob and sometimes the FairlyOdd Parents...

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
17 Apr 2012 05:27 #12
Apr 16, 2012, 8:38pm, jkk39 wrote:New shows, well, I dont watch TV much, but I'd say Spongebob and sometimes the FairlyOdd Parents...

You forgot Back in the Barnyard occasionaly when there isnt anything on.

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
17 Apr 2012 07:45 #13
For the good stuff you gotta go back before the 90's, back to the classics.

• Thank you received: 21
17 Apr 2012 15:14 #14
I'd say it depends, I don't often watch TV, but usually when I do, most of the shows just seem so similar. Just with different actors and with a small difference in the story, even the same with cartoons. Only some shows from today I like, but my favorite cartoons from back in the old days had to be Tom and Jerry, and Scooby-Doo, they've got an old feel to them which the recent ones don't, which is why I usually watch Boomerang, instead of, for example Disney Channel, where all the shows are the same, and not entertaining. Also I hate it when they get an old cartoon, like Scooby-Doo, then change the style of it to make it worth vomiting.

This is just my opinion, sometimes if they get a unique idea for a show, I might watch it, but mostly it just feels all the same thing really.
So for the shows I really like, I'd say go back in time.

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
17 Apr 2012 17:17 #15
You gotta say, Victorious can be funny at times, but in that April Fools episode, it stole things from All That and made it repeatitive. All that had that lobster first but they used it. And that is what gets me ticked.

• Ticket2Ride
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
17 Apr 2012 21:14 #16
Old shows ftw. Only a handful of new shows could compare with the oldies.

Cartoon Network: Nowadays, there's so many shows with real people there. It's supposed to be CARTOON Network. What happened to Scooby Doo, Top Cat, Wally Gator, Popeye, Ed Edd n Eddy, Kids Next Door, Looney Tunes, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Sheep in the Big City, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Mike Lou & Og, The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy, Johnny Quest, Dexter's Laboratory, Captain Planet or even Powerpuff Girls? Thank God Tom and Jerry still shows.

Nickelodeon: The only shows that keep me on this channel would be Spongebob and the Fairly Odd Parents, but they're from the late 90's/early 00's so they're relatively old already. I'd prefer Catdog, Oh Yeah Cartoons, All That, Ahh Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats over majority of the stuff today.

Disney: My God, even Mickey Mouse doesn't appear anymore (well, at least in Disney Channel Asia). Shows that aren't too interesting, like Oggy and the Cockroaches, Upin and Ipin, Supa Striker or Waktu Rehat, come in anytime. Phineas and Ferb is the only show I ever watch now in Disney.

Even kids shows. Schoolhouse Rock beats Barney anytime.

17 Apr 2012 23:00 #17
Me and my bro love Phineas and Ferb any day but I could go for some classics like Tom and Jerry, thats why I spend a significant amount of time on boomerang

• Thank you received: 25
18 Apr 2012 00:19 #18
Apr 17, 2012, 2:14pm, ticket2ride wrote:Thank God Tom and Jerry still shows.

If they didn't a large majority would stop watching CN. Since I was growing up in the 90s through now, that's always been my favorite show, and I doubt it will ever change. They tried to remake it, but the new show has NO originality.

Cartoon Network: T'was my favorite channel growing up. Lets see, my favorites were Ed, Edd n' Eddy, KND, Courage the Cowardly Dog (I still find that amusing), Space Ghost Coast to Coast (even better when it came to adult swim, Dexter, Stupid Dogs, or even Loonie Toons

that show now is fuckshit
is that even a word?
i hope not
ok just get on with it bitch

If I could, i'd get rid of all of that new shit like Adventure Time, Regular Show (horrid attempt to apeal to older kids), Avatar, Pokeman, Bakugan, Pulpolmon, Herbolman, Dugulhooglberzignimon, or any other shit anime show.

Nickelodeon: Ok, in the early days, it wasn't too bad. I mean, rugrats, Ren and Spiffy, any of those shows. In like 2003-, it got loaded up with pop culture fuckshit that only teen girls and loser guys watch. God, I wish spongebob wasn't completely retarded...

Disney: Has always been full of fuckshit suck, but hey, what can I do??

1930-: Best kids shows, ever. Nothing else to say. Tom + Jerry, Popeye, Smriks, Flinstones, Jetsons, I mean, I've loved those shows which aired before I was born!

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Apr 2012 01:07 #19
Apr 17, 2012, 5:19pm, rollcage wrote:

If I could, i'd get rid of all of that new shit like Adventure Time, Regular Show

Woah, you went too far. Adventure Time and Regular Show are one of the only shows that the new generation can look back on. Also, the Loiter Squad, and Aqua Team Hunger Force. But other than that, these wanna-be old shows like Loony Toones. They try to be like the old episodes but that isnt going to happen.

• Thank you received: 25
18 Apr 2012 01:48 #20
Yeah, but for whatever reaon they love them. Dunno why.

Just so u know ATHF is on adult swim

• Ticket2Ride
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
18 Apr 2012 02:00 #21
In terms of cartoons, I've moved on too. Now I'm watching more inappropriate shows like Family Guy. The reason? Because there's hardly anything else interesting to watch. Majority of the old shows are gone, and a lot of the newer shows just bore the shit out of me. And hey, at least Family Guy is funny.

• Catzs
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Apr 2012 02:04 #22
On-Topic: You're darn right it is!

Off-Topic: Why did Rollcage delete his account?

• Thank you received: 96
18 Apr 2012 06:53 #23
Much prefer the older ones i grew up with, then i see this clip from Rockos Modern Life and i'm like shit

• Thank you received: 368
19 Apr 2012 16:19 #24
The classic Looney Tunes - like from the pre-1980 era - Were absolutely groundbreaking. You wouldn't have all of your 90s cartoons without this television series. Cartoon Network has absolutely destroyed their legacy with their continuous remakes of the old cartoon characters in their new gangster shows. Ever since WB inherited the rights to Looney Tunes in '96, they're been dicking with the franchise and completely ruining its legacy.

You could show -any- adult these days a picture of Bugs or Daffy or Wile E Coyote and they would instantly know their names and the show. I'd like to see some of these more recent cartoons have that amount of leverage.

If you're looking for controversial cartoons, see if you can get your hands on the Censored Eleven, those episodes were so politically incorrect that they were banned from television in the 60s! It's probably more like the Censored Fifty now that the government has decided any cartoon with Speedy Gonzales is politically incorrect because of its portrayal of a hispanic mouse.

(OffTopic) TV itself is too biased. Everything is run by the media, and if you don't know that already you need to open your eyes. I hardly watch TV anymore simply because it doesn't accomplish anything but brainwashing you to believe what the media wants you to. Do yourself a favor and subscribe to netflix. You can wait an extra week for that 'new' episode to come on netflix rather than sit through commercials and listen to Fox try to convince you that air is bad for you.

~Aayrl

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
19 Apr 2012 21:58 #25
^completely agree with aaryl on that awesome post. I am with you on not watching TV, as I do not

• Thank you received: 57
20 Apr 2012 01:55 #26
Old MLP vs MLP: FiM

I vote new :3

20 Apr 2012 02:29 #27
Apr 19, 2012, 9:19am, aayrl wrote:The classic Looney Tunes - like from the pre-1980 era - Were absolutely groundbreaking. You wouldn't have all of your 90s cartoons without this television series.

i absolutely agree that television today is strongly influenced by the golden era of animation, but i think it is wrong to let that diminish the merit a successful show would otherwise have. in order for a new show to be good, it has to be able to appeal to a modern audience - the only thing keeping the classics good are their timeless morals that have been able to adapt to whatever changes have occurred in society

07 Mar 2013 04:47 #28
Are we talking kid shows or adult shows? Because I think it is a mix. I lime the Simpsons (Older) and bob's burgers (Pretty New).

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
07 Mar 2013 21:55 #29
Are we talking about spam/increasing post count or just not knowing that bumping >1 month old threads isn't advised. Cmon i have seen you bumping old threads for past 2 days now... no offense.

On topic if you would read few other posts its about shows that can be watched by kids (mostly the ones that were made to 18< audience). And what do you mean by adult shows? Simpsons isn't adult show nor ''so random'' nor ''friends''. Only thing i understand is adult show is one that airs after 11pm.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
09 Mar 2013 05:28 #30
Since this topic wa already bumped I will post what kind of show I liked.

From Catoon Network:
Actual Days: MAD is just the show I mostly watch in the actual days because I love the parodies and how random is this, followed by The amazing world of Gumball I found this cartoon really fun and isn't too rutinary, also the intro is too caledocophical and pefect fo epileptics, actually I watch eally ocasionally Adventure Time and Regular Show (even if regular show play 80's songs, example mr.pops singing Footloose), I really hate La CQ it's so horrible and the actors are shitty and really don't act good, the show is really full of school bullying and after they say no more bullying, seriously wtf, also I don't know why CN is too obsessed with Ben10 stuff, games and products, just for me is an horrible cartoon.

Old Days:
Dexter's laboratory was my childhood show, I watched it every day, just awesome...The grin adventures of Billy and Mandy for intsnat lol and rofl, many others like Courage The Cowardly Dog, Two Stupid Dogs, Jhonny Bravo and many othes, actually I still see some of those shows via Youtube and ToonCast (an awesome channel that shows, Top Cat, The Jetsons, and all of those golden shows).

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.154 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.