file Marble Blast Zero: Is this the first MB Creepypasta?

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
01 Sep 2015 23:03 #1
"Legend has it that this mod is still haunting the souls of the people who played it", - IsrealRD, 2003.
I was on the forums, looking around the Mods section and I saw a mod called "Marble Blast Zero", so I read the comments of the mod, saying it was the best mod ever for it's time. It had 10 levels, and they are amazing, and the levels were named "Level" and the level number. The thing is, the sixth level was "Level 666" and not "Level 6". The level picture was static. So I played it anyways, and I got very disturbing images. I had night terrors for months. It had a disturbing sky, creepy textures and jump scares all over. The creepiest part was the music, a slowed down, reversed, and distorted version of "Flanked" from MBP. It had random whispering, high pitched noises and much more. When you beat the mod, it deletes the game from your hard disk. The link was active for only 3 days, and the mod caused amnesia, night terrors and suicide. The mod is said to still haunt the forums to this day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
02 Sep 2015 01:17 #2
I'm spooked solid.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
02 Sep 2015 01:21 - 02 Sep 2015 01:21 #3
Actual creepy:
If you listen really closely in MBPU sandbox level 24, you'll occasionally hear someone quietly whisper "PQ". I can confirm this as I snuck it in when Whirligig wasn't watching.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 02 Sep 2015 01:21 by HiGuy. Reason: mmm pasta

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
02 Sep 2015 03:04 #4
Wait, is that actually true, HiGuy? Can you tell me where to hear it? Is it like in the music?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
02 Sep 2015 04:18 #5
It's a separate sound file that plays at random interval. Here's the code if you're really interested:
Code:
function onStep() { ... if (getRandom() < 1/60 && getRandom() < 1/60 && getRandom() < 1/10) serverPlay2d(pq); ... }

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
02 Sep 2015 06:51 #6
Marble Blast 2spoopy4me

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
02 Sep 2015 14:35 #7

RoziFP wrote: Wait, is that actually true, HiGuy? Can you tell me where to hear it? Is it like in the music?

You can find the audio file in the sounds folder. It's named .p.wav. I found it on my way to tear up level 24 after dying once.

• Thank you received: 368
05 Sep 2015 02:40 - 05 Sep 2015 02:40 #8
So I opened this thread and to my surprise I can confirm I had a similar experience to LegoCreator768.

Back in the Summer of 2009, I was wide awake at around 3:00 in the morning on a Sunday poking around on the Marble Blast Forums when I stumbled upon a thread titled "Zero's Custom Levels". I could not remember if it was my fatigued state or general confusion but something felt familiar about the name "Zero". I noticed the "New responses" alert was at "16", so it couldn't have been that bad. I decided to open up the thread to see what all the commotion was about.

The first post simply read "Download Link: ...". No level picture, no reviews, just a simple MediaFile URL. I started scrolling down the page to read what some of the other members had thought about the level. To my surprise, "Wow, super creative! Absolutely loved it!" "This is one of the best levels I have ever played." "I have no idea who this is, but they've done an amazing job with this masterpiece." I knew I had to try the level myself.

I downloaded the level in roughly 30 seconds. It came in a compressed .zip file and contained a .mis and .png file - no custom interiors. I arrogantly copied them both into my Marble Blast Gold custom levels directory and opened up the game client. Nothing out of the ordinary, same old Marble Blast Gold, except for one small thing ... Where was the custom level I just installed? I cycled through the Custom Levels tab several times to check, but I could not find this level. I closed the game and checked the folder, and the level was gone. "No, I definitely copied the level over, it was in there. Oh well - maybe I am too tired, I'll just copy it again." This time, I ensured the level copied and was in the directory. I checked several times before launching the game - it was definitely there.

Shell.ogg starts playing as I load the game menu and navigate to the Custom Levels tab. I cycle through all of the levels but nothing. The custom level was nowhere to be found. "This is odd" I state aloud, "Perhaps it's hiding in another level tab?" I check Beginner, Intermediate, nothing, not a single difference. But, things start to get a little strange when I started cycling through the Advanced levels. It was so subtle that I couldn't notice it at first, and in fact I may have skipped over it entirely until I got to Ordeal. "Wait, what the HELL is that thing.." I muttered, pointing to the finish sign in the level photo...except there wasn't a finish sign..

I closed the game and opened up the level image in Photoshop, but the discrepancy was gone. "I'm tired and I'm starting to see things" I declared. I opened up the game client and started browsing the Advanced levels again. No oddities on the Ordeal level image, but no custom level either. Where could this thing be...

... that's when I realized "Hey, why is Shell.ogg not playing..?" I quickly went to the options menu, but instead of finding the Music slider, I found that thing again. It's the exact one that was hiding in Ordeal. I slowly moved my cursor towards the object when suddenly, it happened ...

Warning: Spoiler!

~Aayrl
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 02:40 by Aayrl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Derpky

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
05 Sep 2015 06:37 - 05 Sep 2015 06:47 #9
If I'm not mistaken, I'll be reading this log which was in my computer for 2 years. I tend myself not to open it. So, 09-02-15, I opened it.

LOG #C6A6F

September eighteenth, two thousand and nine. It was my younger cousin's eleventh birthday. I kinda want to get a gift for the birthday boy. So a day earlier, I asked him what do he likes to have for his birthday and he answered: "I want Marble Blast Gold! Please..." And so, I did. I bought MBG for [classified]. 9/18/09, I [strike]killed[/strike]gave him the copy of MBG. He was so [strike]TERRIFIED[/strike]happy. I settled at his house for less than 3 days, analyzing if [classified] is [strike]DEAD[/strike]satisfied because of my gift to him[strike](WHICH IS SADNESS)[/strike].

9/19/09, He's very happy of having MBG for free. No 1 hour trials or whatever. I asked him if he wants a MBG modification and he agreed. While he is eating downstairs I looked on the MB forums, even though I don't know the MB community. I looked for a cool mod and found this mod named Marble Blast Zero by two players and names are Zeroix and xAlpha. I wonder if those two are great devs, but oh well. So I read the replies and those replies are kinda good. For example : "This is just futuristic MBG! Wonder if has a sequel. I'd love it!". And so, I expected that MBZ is a great mod. [strike]I WAS WRONG. BLAME [classified][/strike]. So, I downloaded it.

3:33PM. That is the exact time that the download was finished. It was just 32MB. And my download speed is 200kbps. I installed it to Program Files. After that, I finally tested it, analyzing if it has no errors or whatsoever. And it was successful, I'd even tested some levels and they are really wonderful. After [classified] ate a lot of food, I made him play the mod. He enjoyed playing it, while he's playing, I taught him how to use diagonal movement and so, he tried to "speedrun" almost all levels. But it was 120.

7:37PM It's time to go to [strike]HELL[/strike]sleep.

9/20/09 7:04AM I had a nightmare of [classified] screaming for [classified]. I can't wake up, because possibly this is weird. Like normal stuff, I woke up quick after the nightmare, then quickly ran to where the computer is at. And found the body of [classified], on his chair, with headphones on, while MBZ is still on and with a terrifying grin on his face. I'm curious IF the mod is cursed, so I reached my USB and copied the whole MBZ file to have the evidence of [classified]. All is extracted but one video on Program Files/Marble Blast Zero. It was named blamewho.[classified] . I opened it and what I saw is the worst thing that happened to my life. I saw myself, hanging on a rope, with that SAME grin that [classified] had when I saw him dead. Then static, then a garbled sound. Being a very intelligent person, I decoded the sound. And it said: "BLAME ZEROIX" and a bit of "I AM HIM". I didn't fucking know that I am Zeroix... I gave the USB to a kid. Then I committed suicide by doing the same thing I watched on blamewho.[classified] .

UNCONFIRMED DATE | UNCONFIRMED TIME
open cmd.exe
[INPUT COMMAND]
open C:/Program Files (x86)/Marble Blast Zero/readme.txt
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
i aM sTiLL aLiVE
it goes on an on and on and on and i aM sTiLL aLiVE.

[END LOG]

What the fuck did I just read? I'm opening MBZ right now not via desktop shortcut. I'm curious that MBZ will do that to me. Then I found a .txt file named toalpha.txt . I'm terrified of what I just read.
content:
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA
YOU ARE ALPHA

I opened marbleblast.exe . Level 666 is [strike]fun[/strike]bad. I am xAlpha, and I will never regret about this fucking mod. And that kid that someone is given MBZ, it was me. I had MBZ two times, like I made God and killed, and then resurrected him. You have only one and only one life. But I am xAlpha, and I am the immortal devil that will end the world by a simple game.

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 06:47 by lxgenda.

• Thank you received: 0
05 Sep 2015 15:25 - 05 Sep 2015 15:50 #10
im gonna add this creppypasta to the trollpasta page - Basicly more game based creppypasta wika trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Marble_Blast_Zero
Last edit: 05 Sep 2015 15:50 by Nope.AVI.

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
05 Sep 2015 16:03 #11
Is this becoming a thing now?

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
05 Sep 2015 16:38 #12
'IsraeliRD shakes the magic 8-ball.'

now that is scary stuff. all that power of kick/mute/bans placed in "pure RNG".

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.