lightbulb Dreams

• NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 405
16 Jun 2017 19:01 - 16 Jun 2017 19:01 #1
I had this idea today after having a fairly nightmarish dream last night. I only remember maybe one-fourth of my dreams, and the ones that I do remember are usually completely boring or frightening. Interestingly, this dream was recurring, but I didn't realize it until I had it last night.

In the dream, I was taking care of a cat down the street from me and I walked out of the house where the cat was and there was this gang of maybe five or six other cats outside, looking very seriously at me, as though they were a police squad or something. The cat in front, a white one (who for some reason I knew that her name was Snowbird) wouldn't take her eyes off me, turning her head whenever I moved to look at me. I became very frightened, knowing without knowing how I knew it that this cat wanted to hurt me. I started running toward my house and the cat ran after me, keeping pace with me easily. I ran at top speed for about five minutes, until finally the cat pulled ahead of me and I ran on top of her. She didn't get up.

When I woke up this morning I felt like I had just sprinted for a mile, really running for my life, and I felt guilty about presumably killing a cat even though it was for my own safety. Then I remembered that it was a dream and felt embarrassed for thinking otherwise, even though no one could possibly know that. Then I wondered, what could cause nightmares? I wasn't doing anything stressful or scary yesterday. It seems like they just happen randomly. And why are dreams recurring? Why did I only know that I've had this one at least three times after last night? Why did I only remember it today and not the other times? I'd be interested to hear what other people dream, if they're nightmares, normal situations, or completely altered worlds.

No, I can't remember any dreams about Marble Blast.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2017 19:01 by NF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
16 Jun 2017 20:07 #2
I can't say I've experienced the same dream more than once, although there are things that appear in multiple dreams, mainly building interiors. They're usually supposed to be the house of one of my grandmothers or part of the Indianapolis children's museum (which I used to go to often when I was younger), and in the latter case they often have a lot of open space and high ceilings. Certain interiors might even be dangerous, with fragile wooden scaffolds or dank claustrophobic hidden passageways. Now that I think of it, I may have had the same dream about the passageways a few times. A T-shaped chain-link fence intersection is another thing that appeared in several dreams.

I've had plenty of dreams about Marble Blast. A few from a couple years ago were about a large level titled "It's Got Everything" that I either came up with prior to those dreams or drew a picture of after seeing it in a dream.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
16 Jun 2017 21:06 #3
Ive had multiple mb dreams, the best of which featured my dog helicoptering over me to steal a WR

will update later when unlazy
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Robert, Weather, Evokrypt, Xedron, CylinderKnot

• Thank you received: 69
17 Jun 2017 14:30 - 17 Jun 2017 14:31 #4
I've had repeated dreams before... it is a little weird. They don't really recur on a regular basis, and I can't remember the dream that's been repeated until I have it again and then the memory of it kind of wears off. My take on dreams is that they are actually important and not just random things we have. One dream I had that was a good one actually turned out to be helpful to someone!! Perhaps nightmares are just scary dreams though. I don't think they have a meaning.

Often I have dreams about big conquests in unknown realms/worlds, and I tend to go on adventures with people I know doing interesting stuff. I remember one scene distinctly from a dream that had these huge mountain shapes that were very tall and pointy, not wide, but still MEGA. I think that was more of a fantasy world and I probably had to defeat some random enemy or something, but the scale of the dream was like I'd stepped into some epic novel series or something. Sometimes these realms/worlds will be more abstract (probably a bit more like Super Mario Galaxy lol) but they generally feel more believable.

Occasionally I'll have very normal dreams, but they usually happen in places I don't know - like it might be 'at my house', but it won't be my actual house that I'm dreaming of. I VERY rarely have nightmares, but sometimes quite vivid/shocking dreams which can be either good or bad (but never both).

SoundCloud page here:
Last edit: 17 Jun 2017 14:31 by Evokrypt.

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
17 Jun 2017 19:00 #5
I don't really have any recurring dreams, but if a huge exam is coming up, I will probably have a nightmare related to it.

About a week before my AP Calculus AB exam, I had one such nightmare. I was stressing about the exam, and one night, I woke up in the commons of my school. I immediately knew that this wasn't real life because the exams were never held there. Nevertheless, I looked down at my materials. I completely lacked a calculator and pencils. Instead of several number-two pencils, I had a red pen. A. Red. Pen. Realizing that the exam would start in 10 minutes, I screamed at the top of my lungs, and the nightmare soon ended.

Signature

• Thank you received: 69
25 Jul 2017 20:59 #6
*sorry for large bump*

I had a dream last night about a PQ level that doesn't exist. It was a weird level that would seriously never make it. It was called something like 'West from the Wind' (?) and there was like a start pad bit with a small path leading to this smallish structure in a box shape. The start pad was not on the top, it was like north-west from the top of this structure.

But here's the weird part - when I first dreamed about this level I didn't know its name. I could clearly see the finish pad and finish sign totally way off from the platforms, but then when I knew its name I then realised why it makes sense - as if the finish pad was blown off the top of the structure :ohmy: Now, I know I could have made up the name with the reason subconsciously in my mind, but in the dream it was as if discovering the reason for the name was an epiphany.

What are people's thoughts on these kinds of scenarios in dreams?

SoundCloud page here:

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.