This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Nobody's Levels

• snowbody
  • snowbody's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 91
28 Nov 2009 22:56 #61
I meant that I don't know where I'll put it in yet :/ sorry I didn't make that clear. I will put a LE-based MP in once I'm almost done.

IMPORTANT: Don't convert the ones above!!!! Convert this one: localhostr.com/files/18ee7f/stoppingcourse.map.zip

I re-did some parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
21 Jan 2010 02:28 #62
2 Month Bump, but it's ok b/c it's my own level thread

New level released. I think it's prettty obvious what it is. Also it's in my siggy too, which is now clickable.

• Thank you received: 2
21 Jan 2010 02:51 #63
Sweet! You finally got it released. I'll play it and tell you what I think soon.

• Thank you received: 0
21 Jan 2010 03:44 #64
Played. Too tired to review today though.
Great level! Very overused challenges though. I really liked the curves. You have to show me how to do that curvey road thingy

Oh, and heres my time on about the 50th try:

I can easily go 3-5 seconds lower if i really pushed it. Next time have someone test your level for a good UT/PT

Vid may come eventually...

21 Jan 2010 03:46 #65
Sweet new level! It was actually a bit worse than I expected coz of the errors and such but whatever.

36.42, 34.xx to be recorded whenever I get WinXP

EDIT: SH-T NINJA'D BY ROKOSHU

21 Jan 2010 05:08 #66
I find it kind of dissapointing that the level is just no fun. The challenges weren't fun, where you want to come back and try again, they were just hard, or ridiculously easy. The bad level editing also came as a surprise, as well as some useless elements. The first checkpoint is raised noticeably above the ground, which actually messed me up a couple of times. The fan at the moving platform is quite useless as it does not effect the marble at all. Lastly, the interior felt to big. Go compare the size of your squares to the sizes of the ones on other levels. All in all, a pretty big disappointment for all the excitement you were creating about it

21 Jan 2010 06:03 #67
Jan 20, 2010, 9:08pm, mbgdemon wrote:I find it kind of dissapointing that the level is just no fun. The challenges weren't fun, where you want to come back and try again, they were just hard, or ridiculously easy. The bad level editing also came as a surprise, as well as some useless elements. The first checkpoint is raised noticeably above the ground, which actually messed me up a couple of times. The fan at the moving platform is quite useless as it does not effect the marble at all. Lastly, the interior felt to big. Go compare the size of your squares to the sizes of the ones on other levels. All in all, a pretty big disappointment for all the excitement you were creating about it

Im sorry, 3 bad things about this level just doesn't cut a dissapointing level. The level is great, especally for one of his first. Look at those curves! Do you realise the time taken into building this level? What are you talking about? Bad level editing? There was one checkpoint error. The interior did feel big, but it was a good big. I actually had space to breathe.

The challenges were uncreative, but they still had potential. Nothing super creative, but the level was still fun.

The level gets 9/10 from me if you want a rating. This level is what nobody meant it to be, claimed it would be, and more.

21 Jan 2010 06:06 #68
I just tried SUC (um... LOL) and it's an OK level, nothing more. Most of the challenges are pretty basic stuff, and I felt trying to unify them under a common theme didn't work. Especially a theme like stopping, which is kinda silly (no offense).

Firstly, it's probably better if you don't rip off an older level's name. Somebody might get mad (although I don't think that'll happen here).

As far as level building goes, pretty good job. This level is definitely looking more mainstream than your previous efforts. Everyone has unique quirks in their early building styles, but it's usually a matter of time before those are lost, and it seems that's happening with you now.

As far as content goes, you could have done a lot better. Nothing is original at all, and creativity isn't even that exceptional. I have to agree with Yuri about the inconsistency of challenge, although I felt the majority of the level was very easy, and only about 2 of the challenges were truly tough.

I felt some of the challenges didn't work, too. For instance, after the first checkpoint, I didn't need the Speed Booster at all. Just direct the marble uphill, and it won't fall into the Random Force.

On the other hand, this is definitely more polished than other levels I've seen by you, and I'm glad to see that you've figured out MPs (I'm not sure I'll ever bother ). There were also some interesting shapes in the level building (the row of small round tubelike shapes, for instance).

21 Jan 2010 06:14 #69
Jan 20, 2010, 10:03pm, tehmarbler wrote:The level gets 9/10 from me if you want a rating.

You're a kind voter with all the crits you gave it
Playing now.

Sorry Nobody, it's not very good at all. Some horrible aligning with pads, bad hints and untimely help triggers (get a running start trigger is right at the end, meaning you have to go back and get a running start). It was all easy until the SB+SJ challenge (in which you don't need the SB at all) where you have literally no time at all to get out of the tele. And no HT to warn/help/assist you?
My biggest issue is probably the fact that the level really has nothing to do with stopping. Maybe one challenge if you're lucky. It all just seems to be pretty useless, boring filler IMO.

Soryy for being harsh. 4-5/10 from me.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Jan 2010 06:24 #70
I'm downloading the level now, but for now: Rokoshu, I LOVE your avatar.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

21 Jan 2010 06:47 #71
It's a dragon, thats why you love it, am i right?
*runs*

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Jan 2010 08:38 #72
Yes! *runs after Rokoshu*

Anyway, just played SUC (lol) despite warnings and well, this level wasn't worth the hype (camp 2 esque). It feels like a rushed level, that could be built very quickly. The level name doesn't match the level itself: you are told to stop for challenges, but the level is 90% the exact opposite. I think the most outstanding part of this you must not stop is the superspeed-superjump. Besides the teleporter being on the other side (and you need to slow down fast not to go OOB, but you must go fast enough to escape the trigger) which sends you OOB, you have very little time. Rokoshu himself admitted the challenge was impossible (I worked for 6 minutes before I beat it =D) and had to go through the pipe. Imagine if you had an OOB trigger so you were forced to do the challenge. Impossible for him means he can't beat the level. Probably for many others.

Anyway, the level presentation is average at best, pic's not good, some annoying textural errors (I sound like PF now) and some rather annoying level editing mistakes that would blow technostick's head up: a checkpoint being on the air, some parts of the interiors raised (you can see the marble jumping), teleporters not seem to be scaled or defined properly, IBT is pretty crappy made and some other small details that are purely annoying and should not be present in a QuArK and/or Constructor made level. Even the MP which was finally worked out (dude, that shit is simple, how can you screw it up for so long?) was still misaligned by 0.2 units and it looks ugly.

Challenge is throughly incosistent - the fan on MP was the worst challenge, followed by the hardest challenge in the level. It doesn't feel as if there's gameplay variation. The level is skippable, by accident or not (seems intentional).

There are a lot of errors here. I understand you're still a newbie and all but if you have problems with a certain aspect of the level, try and have the remainder of the at least fully functional and not seem like it was rushed. Help triggers are bad too, the signs are horrendous. Some players might not notice they have to go through the curve, super speed and teleporter first and not the moving platform way first. You should definitely make more sense in the level.

I also want to penalize the level for its time modifier usage vs PT/UT. The level has a clearly high PT/UT (seeing as Rokoshu got 5x lower) which means that either it was not tested properly, or the time bonuses were too high. I checked. It was the TT usage. I hate it and I said it quite a number of times: people always give TTs high bonuses when they shouldn't have. The 50 sec TT was the overkill in this level. The 20 and 15 secs aren't any good either. If they were half each I'd be fine, but allowing players like Rokoshu use them to get like 5x lower, that's an overkill.

Creativity and Originality are not there (like everyone else said). Everything has been done before, even the IBT being low like that (see Space Chase Race which is one of my all time fav levels, and I used to hate it 4 years ago LOL). I liked your overall attempt at the idea and all but it wasn't executed well.

Anyway, vs your other levels: this level is definitely your best and outstanding.. vs the expected average level for QuArK/Constructor, this level doesn't cut it. I'd definitely go into making more levels, deciding on a style and playing around with things. Try and get a tester or two for your levels (Rokoshu seems to like your levels, and sonic would do well as well) so you can use them as PT/UT, at the very least.

4/10.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

21 Jan 2010 09:27 #73
I hadn't noticed the 50 second TM not to mention the 15 second TM put inside the interior which is impossible to get.

Soz man, lowering my score to a 3. Such high TMs as well as one that's impossible to get (SS in KotM-esque) is just not on.

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
21 Jan 2010 15:36 #74
They're all technically possible.

EDIT: Should I recreate the not-as-good parts and re-release before trying to enter it to a competition? I feel that the most prevalent thing is the misalignments and stuff..

21 Jan 2010 15:47 #75
Im fairly sure that if you change the origional level before entering it in the level competition, thats fine.

.....right?

• Thank you received: 18
21 Jan 2010 23:09 #76
You could do that, but I'd advise you to create a new, better level based on the advice we've given you. Trying to refurbish mediocre levels usually fails.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
21 Jan 2010 23:45 #77
Rokushu, I might of found your path, or something close. I got 27.82 on my first finish after some exploring. Had many mistakes and I think it can go sub-17/sub-16.

Also, you can change the level before entering it, but as soon as you enter it, you can't edit it and release it again.

Edit: Damn. Ninja'd by Pablo.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

21 Jan 2010 23:59 #78
If you can beat 12 seconds then you found my path

Edit: Holy @#$@ i just hit 11.79 but messed up.

22 Jan 2010 00:20 #79
Nobody: unless you change your level such as from this to this, than I doubt you'll have much chance of getting a better score in LotM.

I also think the fact that you can barely beat the random area and had to skip the teleporter challenge in your own level speaks for itself.

• Thank you received: 18
22 Jan 2010 00:33 #80
Wow, that's a huge change, Oaky!

22 Jan 2010 00:35 #81
Jan 20, 2010, 10:03pm, tehmarbler wrote:
Jan 20, 2010, 9:08pm, mbgdemon wrote:I find it kind of dissapointing that the level is just no fun. The challenges weren't fun, where you want to come back and try again, they were just hard, or ridiculously easy. The bad level editing also came as a surprise, as well as some useless elements. The first checkpoint is raised noticeably above the ground, which actually messed me up a couple of times. The fan at the moving platform is quite useless as it does not effect the marble at all. Lastly, the interior felt to big. Go compare the size of your squares to the sizes of the ones on other levels. All in all, a pretty big disappointment for all the excitement you were creating about it

Im sorry, 3 bad things about this level just doesn't cut a dissapointing level. The level is great, especally for one of his first. Look at those curves! Do you realise the time taken into building this level? What are you talking about? Bad level editing? There was one checkpoint error. The interior did feel big, but it was a good big. I actually had space to breathe.

The challenges were uncreative, but they still had potential. Nothing super creative, but the level was still fun.

The level gets 9/10 from me if you want a rating. This level is what nobody meant it to be, claimed it would be, and more.

I only listed 3, I could probably come up with a lot more. The level just doesn't feel fun, I can't really describe it.

Oaky, I agree with you (refering to first post)

• Thank you received: 2
22 Jan 2010 03:20 #82
Wow, seeing as EVERYONE had the exact same opinion as me, it's pointless to for me to review all of it.

But I will make some suggestions:

1. Don't use random challenge in your level. People don't like it when a level has a super easy part then a super hard part and then a super easy part etc... Try using a set of challenges that are all around the same difficulty level.

2. Don't allow LE mistakes. It's time you learned how to properly align items in your level. Select an object and go into World Editor Mode. Look at the position values of an object and see if they are weird or unusual and fix them. For example, if you have an object with a value of 3.47983724979372, change it to 3.5. For certain .dts objects, you might have to experiment with the values.

3. Spend more time developing unique, creative and maybe even fun challenges. Plan out where each challenge goes, figure out how it will be accomplished, and how much effort, skill or brainpower it will take to overcome it.

4. Curves are nice and all, but most are just eyecandy for the level to make it seem nice looking or show off your curve making skills. Try to incorporate the curves or other things like that into the challenge. Look at Oaky's No Jumping II level as an example. That tower looks really cool and is built into the level making it a challenge and actually a part of the level. In other words, make sure to focus on gameplay and challenge more overall than just something in a level looking nice.

5. Keep working at your level building skills! Good level building is essential to creating a good level. Experiment around, learn techniques, and practice to get good at it. Try experimenting with certain objects to create a cool piece of scenery or a nice object that could be used in a challenge. Also try to learn techniques and tips on level building that could help you along the way to create some great levels. At finally... practice. Practice your skills to make them as good as you can, and try remaking certain levels(take my Ordeal recreation, found here.) to get good at level building.

This may seem like a lot, but there's a lot more I would have put.

Keep working on it!

22 Jan 2010 04:16 #83
Frublox, three thumbs up. Great pointers!

22 Jan 2010 04:48 #84
@Rokoshu: I know your path (I think) I got 12.9x as best TM catch so far.

22 Jan 2010 05:50 #85
Frublox: You get a cookie for good tips.

To everybody else...

Stopping Ultra Course (11.29)

I posted alot in the description explaining about your level and the comotion about it here at the forums, so i don't think its nessessary to post all of that here. I will post this;

It took me about 2 hours to get this run, and during so i scored many lower times. Lowest catch on the first time travel is 8.9x, and for the 2nd time travel, 10.8x. Im sure the level can go sub-10 somehow.

Enjoy

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
06 Mar 2010 01:22 #86
www.mediafire.com/?wtmymnmmujj

ahhh. it's finally here. give it a shot!

06 Mar 2010 05:32 #87
I could do a long, rambling review about the level but all I need to say is this: it's frustrating and is no fun at all. Apologies for my bluntness.

06 Mar 2010 06:26 #88
Wow oaky. Way to be a downer on everybody.

Honestly, the fixes really help the level out. The level is even funner then before; having to find new paths really created a new and fresh challenge every time.

I would usually do a video, but i guess i already did one for the beta, so.... Yeah.

Great level! Your level building skills are really exceeding what i thought you were capable of. Great job!

• snowbody
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
06 Mar 2010 06:50 #89
The way I have it set up you could theoretically get a better time

@oaky: that comment sounded suspiciously like that of a noob that couldn't beat it. and what rokoshu said too.

@rokoshu: thanks! did you find the easter egg yet?

06 Mar 2010 07:02 #90
I know it may sound like I have a complete bias against Nobody's levels, and I do realise my comment above is quite brutal and emotionless. Hopefully I'll have some time later on to explain my reasons.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.040 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.