This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

lock 1 Week Level Competition {Random Word Generator Themed} NEW COMPETITION!

Poll: Do you want another randomized theme comptition next week? (was ended 2016-03-03 00:00:00)

Yes
3 42.9%
No
4 57.1%
Total number of voters: 7
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
05 Mar 2016 08:51 #31
Uh... Qwerty... The poll is really really pointless because RDs' 48 hour level building jam is next weekend, and you really don't want to interfere with that.

Either way I found Weather and Technostar's levels to be the best. They may have lacked a little in gameplay but they had some pretty creative ideas in store each.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The topic has been locked.
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
05 Mar 2016 10:26 - 05 Mar 2016 10:30 #32
Lee's night in the park:
  • Theme fits perfectly and was executed rather nicely. Really nothing much to say about this.
  • Gameplay: This is where level lost it's full potential, with better gem placement the scale of the level would've been fine but as the gem placement was okayish i expected bigger scale of the map.
  • Originality: had some original ideas here and there, all they needed was polishing.
Weathers night shift:
  • Theme: Same as lee, perfect match to theme, really original and I definitely my favorite from 3.
  • Gameplay: A bit of a drop down, lots of original challenges, huge path finding potential, tons of things to explore. The only issue I didn't managed to find all the gems in about 7 minutes I had for this level sadly.
  • Originality: This might be the best ''DA HOUSE'' clone to this date Challenges where original, same with theme.
Technostars Nocturn:
  • Theme: A bit of a falloff from the theme, still really good.
  • Gameplay: As hard as it was it was still enjoyable, blame MB physics, it's not a level i would speedrun but it definitely wast hard or frustrating to point where i wouldn't play it.
  • Originality: Most original from the bunch. Never seen use of gears like this.
Hard to decide between Technostar and weather, I would go for weathers part because of the better match in theme than Technostar.

Threefolder wrote: Uh... Qwerty... The poll is really really pointless because RDs' 48 hour level building jam is next weekend, and you really don't want to interfere with that.

Just to add, making this Competition every week is pointless as it will loose interest quite quickly as well as everyone doesn't have that much time to do it in every week. Maybe try hosting one every month, that way it won't be too often nor too rarely. For example my plan is to host 48hr level building jam once every 6 months due to scale of this event and I'm understanding that not everyone has time to free up a weekend that often. Just be reasonable. ;)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 05 Mar 2016 10:30 by RDs.The-dts-guy. Reason: cats
  • Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
05 Mar 2016 15:14 #33
Oh yeah. Someone recently sent me a PM telling me that there was another missing interior. :woohoo:
So... That's fixed now.
  • Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
05 Mar 2016 17:28 #34
Well good job Weather, I'm going to assume you won from the levels. :P
'
Qwerty, how about next time just put a vote up instead of sharing your opinions on the thread itself? This doesn't spoil the results as the competition is being judged. Also, I agree with Threefolder. You probably should space out the competitions a bit more, because:
1. You are also making a mod
2. As said already, you don't want your competition to interfere with others.

Nonetheless, great job handling this competition and I congratulate all the participants!

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess
  • QwertyQwertz
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
05 Mar 2016 21:10 #35
Thanks people! :) I guess the winner is Weather! Good job to the others that participated as well, Lee and Technostar. All of your levels were really enjoyable and replayable. Technostar and Weathers levels were nice and challenging while Lee had a fun gem collecting level. So, good job Weather for winning! :)
  • Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
14 Mar 2016 04:50 #36
Hey Qwerty, I would suggest making another thread to put the competition in.

Also, is Snowbody the judge again?

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
14 Mar 2016 05:47 - 14 Mar 2016 05:48 #37

RDs.empire wrote: Just to add, making this Competition every week is pointless as it will loose interest quite quickly as well as everyone doesn't have that much time to do it in every week. Maybe try hosting one every month, that way it won't be too often nor too rarely. For example my plan is to host 48hr level building jam once every 6 months due to scale of this event and I'm understanding that not everyone has time to free up a weekend that often. Just be reasonable. ;)

Gonna bump this post again, we just finished the marathon, I mean you could've given at least one week break inbetween the events before restarting this.
Also formatting. You forgot to add normal timezones to start and end times. (Eather CST or EST)
And as Xedrons said, should've made a new thread or something.

I'm not here to discourage you from making a competition here, Just trying to help so that it wouldn't fail in like 3 weeks with noone participating.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 05:48 by RDs.The-dts-guy.
  • QwertyQwertz
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
14 Mar 2016 18:52 #38
Okay Xedron, i'll make another post. But how do I delete this one? It doesn't say a delete button anywhere ._.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
17 Mar 2016 03:26 #39
Just make a new thread. I'll lock this one.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.904 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.