file Multiple Map2Dif problems

• LukeZaz
  • LukeZaz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • I'm a real human bean.
  • Thank you received: 0
24 Mar 2014 20:14 - 23 Oct 2018 08:05 #1
(Forgive me if this is the wrong section, but I saw questions related to this here, so I figured it belonged here instead of Support)
I recently tried to make some basic interiors in Constructor to re-learn my old skills, and after successfully completing one for Marble Blast Gold, Map2Dif fails to convert it - it displays some sort of error for a split second and then shuts off before it can be read. I made a second, even smaller interior, same thing.

I tried Map2Dif_plus, and it instead said 'Unable to write detail level to stream'.

I found out later that the folder holding everything was encrypted by Windows, after undoing this (and setting folder properties so that everything can read/write/etc) Map2Dif_plus finally works, but the resulting .dif causes 'ERROR: Invalid Packet' when I try to use it in-game.

EDIT: I also cannot add textures to an album in Constructor; says 'A texture cannot be added to this album, please select another and try again.'

EDIT: There was also an earlier error for Map2Dif that said it couldn't find the texture 'marble' despite no texture by that name being used - I made a fake texture for that to get past it, though.

Any ideas?

EDIT: This is a very late edit, but as I ran in to this problem again, I found that it was due to the folder in question not letting Map2Dif write files. Moving the contents to Documents instead fixed it, and I would assume that running as administrator would also work.

Your password has requirements. We are not going to tell you what they are.
Thanks, and have fun.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 08:05 by LukeZaz. Reason: Added solution even though this thread is eons old (someone else'll probably get it too)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
24 Mar 2014 23:43 #2
The "Invalid Packet" error generally means that one or more of the texture files are missing. I would highly suggest putting all the required textures in the same directory for map2dif (even if it looks cluttered), and I would make sure that the interiors folder has all the textures you use in your interior.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• LukeZaz
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • I'm a real human bean.
25 Mar 2014 00:11 - 25 Mar 2014 14:16 #3
I put the .dif in with the textures and it still didn't work until I added a marble.jpg, after which it ended up being textured with a very enlarged version of the marble.jpg - a texture that wasn't supposed to have been used at all, what with it not having existed until I needed to use Map2Dif.

EDIT: Fixed up all my texture folders to be sure, redownloaded both Map2Difs, created a new interior in Constructor (which still wont let me edit albums ever in any way), Managed to get Map2Dif_Plus to convert fine, however the regular Map2Dif still wanted to use a nonexistant texture 'marble', tried it out in-game and got ERROR: Invalid Packet, despite all textures needed being in the same folder - even a marble.jpg.

Thanks, and have fun.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2014 14:16 by LukeZaz. Reason: New info.

• LukeZaz
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • I'm a real human bean.
31 Mar 2014 21:13 #4
Sorry for the bump, but these problems are still around.

To recap:
-I cannot add, edit or delete any albums in my Constructor Texture Browser
-Regular Map2Dif does not work, simply not converting, and requests 'marble.jpg' which is never used in the interiors
-Map2Difplus converts, but it results in an interior textured entirely with whatever texture ends up being named 'marble.jpg'.

Thanks, and have fun.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.