• Marblr
  • Marblr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • :)
  • Thank you received: 2
22 Jul 2014 18:19 - 22 Jul 2014 23:03 #1
Hello,

I'm trying to load an interior I made in Torque Constructor in MBP 1.50 Beta 3, since it uses multiplayer textures. However the game crashes when I load any map if the .dif file is present anywhere [strike]in the game's folders[/strike] in a subfolder in the data folder. Usually the only problem I have with interiors is the map2dif not working so I'm confused about what's happening.

EDIT: I can load a level if I put the interior in a .zip file, but when I try to load the interior via the level editor I get a message saying "Disconnected: Error: Invalid packet".

At first I thought I needed to rename the folder where my texture album points to from "MBPlatinum" to "MBP" so the game would recognize them, but it did not work either. There are also no "red lines" in the map file.

If nobody knows what's causing this off the bat, here's some stuff that might help (.map file, .dif file, and textures used).
www.mediafire.com/download/edtbb7eac0bp8vb/stuff.zip

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2014 23:03 by Marblr.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 22
22 Jul 2014 20:42 - 22 Jul 2014 22:30 #2
This might not be what's causing the issue, but make sure the directory "platinumbeta\data\multiplayer\interiors" contains all of the textures your interior uses. If there are any textures used by your interior not present there, add them in, otherwise you will get the "Error: Invalid Packet" message when trying to load it due to missing textures.

Edit: I just tried to place your interior in a level in Beta 3, and it loaded just fine without any issues. I'm pretty sure the reason it's not working for you is because of the missing textures issue I mentioned, just make sure the directory I mentioned contains all of the textures used by your interior and it should load properly.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2014 22:30 by Ultra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marblr
  • Marblr
  • Marblr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • :)
  • Thank you received: 2
22 Jul 2014 22:40 - 22 Jul 2014 22:50 #3
[strike]Thank you Ultra, but I still got an error when trying to load the interior. Where are you putting the .dif file? That might also be an issue.[/strike]

Edit: Solved by not placing dif file in a .zip.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2014 22:50 by Marblr.
  • Thank you received: 123
22 Jul 2014 23:59 - 23 Jul 2014 00:00 #4
The only reason interiors are places in a zip file is because the engine can supposedly read it and because it saves space.

Resolved, so locked.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 00:00 by ProMarbler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.