file Adding items into your map

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
06 Jun 2015 23:32 #1
How do you add pads, gems and stuff like that into your maps? I've tried it and it didn't show up.

~ *NOTE* I've installed PF's MB setup! ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
08 Jun 2015 11:22 #2
You can't add anything like that inside quark/constructor. You need to add it all in the Level Editor that's built into MB. Make your interior in constructor/quark, then add gems and stuff in the level editor :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
08 Jun 2015 11:47 - 08 Jun 2015 19:43 #3

Frostfire wrote: You can't add anything like that inside quark/constructor. You need to add it all in the Level Editor that's built into MB. Make your interior in constructor/quark, then add gems and stuff in the level editor :)

That is so wrong on so many levels.

You CAN add items, triggers etc via quarks and constructor and even align them properly so that when you do create subs or interior test, all items show up as well.
Thanks to seizure's code for constructor you can even see the shapes of the items in constructor and rotate them for different directions so that they show up that way in-game. In quark you don't have this rotation ability but you can also add items.
Adding items is probably easier in quark than constructor, although seiz's tool is a massive advantage.

Also if alignment isn't your thing the level editor in 1.51+ has tools to allow you to align to ground.

All MBU/O levels have all the items set in quark map files and in PQ majority of the maps do the same. Pretty much all of my levels in PQ have everything set already.

EDIT:
Added DataTorque file for QuArK which contains all necessary entities for MBG/P. In addition the basic toolset texturing for MBG/P as well as an empty toolbox iirc for your textures.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Jun 2015 19:43 by IsraeliRD. Reason: add ALLLLLLLL the files

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.