times Textures not added to albums

• Weather
  • Weather's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
09 Oct 2015 15:01 #1
I'm back with another problem with Constructor. I've tried splitting the textures into multiple folders and/or tried to put them into multiple albums.

When I try to add all of the textures in a folder containing MBP textures, it crashes, and when I re-open Constructor, I see that it has put only a small amount into the album. If I split the textures to another folder, it only loads an even smaller amount of those. If I attempt to add any MBG textures into an album however, it works just fine.

An addon for MB or program that would add a new world editor mode/program for a fully-functioning interior editor would be tremendous (and a pipe dream).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
09 Oct 2015 15:24 #2

Weather wrote: I'm back with another problem with Constructor. I've tried splitting the textures into multiple folders and/or tried to put them into multiple albums.

When I try to add all of the textures in a folder containing MBP textures, it crashes, and when I re-open Constructor, I see that it has put only a small amount into the album. If I split the textures to another folder, it only loads an even smaller amount of those. If I attempt to add any MBG textures into an album however, it works just fine.

An addon for MB or program that would add a new world editor mode/program for a fully-functioning interior editor would be tremendous (and a pipe dream).

Make sure your albums don't have spaces in their names, that was the main problem I ran into with albums.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
09 Oct 2015 16:10 #3
There were no spaces in the folder and album names. I tried splitting the folder into two again, so there were 110 textures in one folder, and 111 in the other. It screws up when I add the first folder, but the second one has no problem adding the textures. The first folder adds 13 JPEGs and skips the rest except for the PNGs.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
09 Oct 2015 16:35 #4
Does it crash instantly or does it freeze for a bit an then crash?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
09 Oct 2015 18:22 #5

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
09 Oct 2015 19:05 #6
Okay, so after it freezes, does it crash? Or does it not do anything (because you're not doing anything)?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
10 Oct 2015 22:49 - 14 Jun 2016 11:20 #7
So...

Textures by the names checkerboard2 and checkerboard3 have some weird death stares that caused Constructor to freak out and crash. NOT ANYMORE. I opened them in an image editor, and saved them, overwriting the originals, and now the issue is gone. That makes me think the images were on the internet, and when some developer that unintentionally made me pull my hair out right-clicked on the images to save them, they changed the format to save the images as something that was listed by the save dialog but was not the original format, which screwed up the images upon the saving of them. This gives me the assumption that those images could have a copyright on them, making them have been illegally used in PQ, and...
IT WORKS!! :woohoo:
Last edit: 14 Jun 2016 11:20 by Weather.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.