question-circle Color Schemes

• Weather
  • Weather's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
31 Jul 2016 14:41 - 31 Jul 2016 14:42 #1 by Weather
Color Schemes was created by Weather
Something I spend probably too much time on when making textures and levels is what colors I should use.

This thread is a kind of poll, where every once in a while I might post new sets of colors and you guys can say which you like or dislike, and if you want, more details on why you like or dislike them.

All I ask is that some of you go through the sets of colors and make a post saying 'yes' or 'no' for each one (and like I said, if you want to please tell me why).

Hopefully others can use this thread to their advantage (even to post their own color schemes) as well if they're picky as me with coloring. :P

Number 3 is a scheme I would like to use in a level. Think three-fold maze with the pale blue floor and light green ramps (with no color in particular to replace the yellow walls :P). As trim, I'm thinking the shade of grey from 8 (or 4).

Color schemes
Last edit: 31 Jul 2016 14:42 by Weather. Reason: Wrong icon. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2016 14:46 #2 by Lee
Replied by Lee on topic Color Schemes
2 is Barney!
did you do that on purpose?

lee is awesome

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
More
31 Jul 2016 16:05 #3 by IsraeliRD
Replied by IsraeliRD on topic Color Schemes
It's hard to say yes or no to any of these, especially since the ingame own graphics engine will most certainly twist things around. Likewise choosing just based on some colors is going to be difficult because I don't know the level style/skybox/etc.

I do agree that it's hard on what textures to use when making levels because I find myself going to the more popular options. I just end up choosing less frequently used textures just to even things out, but I do use popular ones quite a fair bit.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
More
31 Jul 2016 17:43 #4 by Xedron
Replied by Xedron on topic Color Schemes
Imo it would be good to see a color scheme like 10/11 in a future level (as well as 3 like you mentioned) because I don't think very many custom levels have actually used color combinations similar to that.

I personally don't have a big problem with any of the color schemes on the list, but I would say go with the most creative options you have. It'd be interesting to see what kind of levels you can make when you have these different concepts. ;)

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
More
31 Jul 2016 19:21 #5 by Ralph
Replied by Ralph on topic Color Schemes
I'll try using the 11th in a level, it can look very sweet with the adequate textures.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.