file Getting Blender2DTS exporter to work

• Lee
  • Lee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • huehuehue
  • Thank you received: 198
08 May 2017 13:50 - 08 May 2017 13:50 #1
So first off, I'm trying to convert a .fbx file that is exported from Autodesk Maya and then imported to Blender (2.78c), and then exported it to a .dts shape so that I can use it in the game.

What I did was:
1. Make my shape in Maya.
2. Export it to .fbx in Maya.
3. Opened the file in Blender. (Import > file)
4. Rescaled it to the size that I want.
5. Placed a texture on it.
6. Went to the Texture tab on the right.
7. Opened my image.
8. Mapping> Coordinates: UV
9. Changed Viewport Shading to 'Textured'. (No textures to be seen though.)
10. Changed Layout to UV Editing.
11. Below I selected my image by clicking the button which is the left of the button +New.
12. Changed to Edit Mode.
13. Pressed U then Unwrap.
14. Headed back to Default Layout. (Now I see the texture on my shape.)
15. Went back to Object Mode.
16. Used this exporter ( github.com/portify/io_scene_dts ) to export to my desktop with the texture on there as well.
17. Placed the texture and .dts in a folder in data/shapes/rocklee
18. Opened it in the game.

The problem is that it's white. No textures. I even go through it.

I've provided .blender, .fbx, .dts, and the image.

Please help! :S

lee is awesome
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 May 2017 13:50 by Lee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
08 May 2017 14:52 #2
The reason you go right through it is because there's no collision mesh. The FAQ for the exporter says to name the object for collision "Col-X", where X is a number from 0 to 8. So for this shape, you'll want to duplicate bolder1, and rename the duplicate to "Col-0". Since there are 2,304 triangles, I strongly suggest adding a decimate modifier to Col-0 with the ratio set to around 0.05, and another decimate modifier to bolder1 with a higher ratio value (0.2 looks good). Then apply the modifier on bolder1 and do a UV unwrap again (cube projection looks nice).

As for the material, its name needs to be set to the same name as the texture, without the file extension. Right now, it's "Material.001" but should be "rocklee".
If you want the game to mipmap your texture (which lowers the resolution as the player moves farther away, it helps with anti-aliasing), then under "Custom Properties" in the material tab of the properties panel, add a new property, click "Edit" and set the property name to "mipMap" and the value to "1".

Also just so it looks better in Blender, you can set the viewport shading to "Material" then set the lamp's type to "Hemi".
Lastly, you don't need bolderGroup2 or bolderGroup1 (which doesn't even have any objects parented to it).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.746 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.