file Chaos% in Marble Blast?

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
09 Nov 2014 20:48 #1
Chaos% is a mod originally made for gta vice city. Its target is to add random effects to player and change them every 30 seconds or so. The way i understand it works is by simply running console functions and disabling them or enabling disabling them at short intervals (example gravity changing from 0 to 100 constantly to achieve bounciness) or just changing standard settings like draw/render distance game speed and loads more.
The question is how easy could it be to implement in something like MBG (basic things like draw distance change, gravity change to 0, Set time scale to 2 or something etc...)
Heres the video itself showing some of it's goofiness.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
09 Nov 2014 23:01 #2
basically MBPU's anti hack code. Whirligig already done something like this.

/me glares at whirligig.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
10 Nov 2014 12:22 #3
No idea how this has anything to do with anti-hack system in MBPU but ive seen that MBPU has enough features for something like this. I guess this is more like feature suggestion than anything else. Even something extremely buggy that would crash after less than 2 minutes would be fun gamemode as long as it does it's job of giving random effects.
I'm not sure how well this would work on MB but I think it would be fun gamemode where to finish a level you have to rely on RNG.
*Looks at whirly

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Thank you received: 401
10 Nov 2014 16:41 #4

RDs.empire wrote: Even something extremely buggy that would crash after less than 2 minutes would be fun gamemode as long as it does it's job of giving random effects.

So basically PQ? :P

On a more serious note though, some cool stuff could be done with MBExtender. For example, I made a plugin for fun once which makes powerups have random effects - e.g. when you use a Super Jump, it might turn into a Gyrocopter instead. You could also potentially modify the graphics code to make it glitch out.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
10 Nov 2014 21:11 #5
@Jeff: Actually, that's one of the few scripts that wasn't publicly released with MBPU 1.0. It'll be released with 1.5, though I wouldn't recommend playing with it unless you know what you're doing (it will seriously start messing with your save file).
@Derpking: Changing which powerup has which effect could be done in script as well.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.870 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.