Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin MBP 1.50+ Requests thread

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
19 Apr 2014 03:17 #61
-Global leaderboards for MP practice mode
-Ultimate times and Easter eggs for all custom and MBG levels
-Change the fonts for Unicode compatibility, as Dom Casual and the search text fonts seem to be different for ASCII 128-255
-Add newer custom levels to the LB mode, since the most recent custom LB levels are from around 2008
-Hold community polls on what new levels should be added to the LB's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Apr 2014 06:36 #62

Rocket wrote: I meant the search gui differed in button location- search options are in different. Just a minor detail in consistency. Level select is already consistent so why not search.
And for the marble select- sometimes you go through the marbles just to think "ehh, I think the one I chose before was ok." Then you have to press the arrow key many times just to go back to the one previously selected.

• Search probably will be done
  • Marble select - we might be lazy but we'll do it

MasterOfTheBattlecube wrote: -Global leaderboards for MP practice mode
-Ultimate times and Easter eggs for all custom and MBG levels
-Change the fonts for Unicode compatibility, as Dom Casual and the search text fonts seem to be different for ASCII 128-255
-Add newer custom levels to the LB mode, since the most recent custom LB levels are from around 2008
-Hold community polls on what new levels should be added to the LB's

• Not happening as they were not intended by the original developers.
  • In-game doesn't support unicode at all. Shoutbox will be modified.
  • You're a few months late, done that
  • Not happening

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
19 Apr 2014 07:55 #63
Orange blasts when collected blast powerup and used it(it already is but only works on dedicated server, own servers don't get orange blasts)

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
19 Apr 2014 19:31 #64
Orange blasts is an upcoming feature for RC 1 (you can already see them on the dedicated server). They were supposed to have been in every version, but weren't being activated due to a bug.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
20 Apr 2014 13:24 #65
One request:

Custom Super Challenge Level Selection. The host can choose any of the basic MBG/MBP levels he wants. Along with all the packaged races there would be a button saying 'Custom' and when you click it, it gives you a slideshow of levels. Whatever you click first is the first level in the Super Challenge, second choice is second, and so on.

• Thank you received: 20
23 Apr 2014 01:08 #66
The search feature bothers me a bit. If you're in the platinum section, it only shows platinum levels, and if you're in the gold section, the search displays gold levels and all custom levels. I think the search should display all levels from either game and have filters built in the search feature that let you decide whether to include gold levels, platinum levels or both and whether to include official or custom or both. (Colored text could be used to distinguish the types of the levels in the search box.) Having MBP custom levels alongside MBG levels doesn't sit well with me.

On a similar note, the custom levels box should be accessible from both the platinum and gold menu screens, seeing as how the level packs and CLA are made up of both games.

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
23 Apr 2014 03:10 - 23 Apr 2014 03:53 #67
The requests I would like for the game are to have the levels use their own music rather than sharing the one's provided in game. The following levels I would like to request to have their music to be changed on the MBP game:

MBP level music replacements:
1. Jump Tutorial (Spyro 4: Title Screen BGM)
2. Diamond Round-Up (Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: Enchanted Towers Skate Park)
3. Learn the Friction (Spyro 4: Credits)
4. Training Towers (Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Boss Battle Song 1 Subspace Emissary)
5. Learn the Wall-Hit (Sonic Heroes: Power Plant)
6. Gravity Knot (Sonic Heroes: Hang Castle (Upside Down))
7. Flight of the Marble (Spyro 3: Sgt Byrd's Base)
8. Teleport Training (Spyro 3: Seashell Shore)
9. Busy Bee (Spyro 3: Mushroom Speedway)
10. Learn the Bouncy Floor! (Spyro 3: Lost Fleet)
11. Bump Your Head! (Super Mario Sunshine: Delfino Plaza)
12. Learn the Time Modifier (Sonic Generations: Green Hill Zone (Classic Sonic))
13. Learn the Random Force (Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Tabuu Boss Battle)
14. King of the Marble (Super Smash Bros. Brawl: All-Star rest area BGM)
15. Magnet Training (Super Mario Sunshine: Ricco Harbor)
16. Ground Zero (Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Melee Theme Remix used for Boss Battles mode)
17. Recoil Training (????, shown on this video )
18. Mini Mountain (Spyro 2: Sunny Beach ( Demo version ))
19. Ramps (Super Mario Sunshine: Piantissimo)
20. Diagnol Training (Super Mario Sunshine: Pinna Park)
21. Learn the Edge Hit (Sonic Generations: Green Hill Zone (Modern Sonic))
22. Hazard Loop (Spyro 3: Molten Crater)
23. Keep on Rollin' (Spyro 4: Andes (Unused music)
24. Battlecube (Sonic Heroes: Grand Metropolis)
25. Triple Decker (Spyro 2: Glimmer)
26. Mountaintop Retreat (Spyro 4: Peaceful Ice Slider)
27. Cyclone Launch (Spyro 5: Hunter in Dragonfly Falls)
28. Spin Practice (Spyro 3: Dino Mines)
29. Loop Exits (Spyro 3: Desert Ruins)
30. Medieval Maze (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Hyrule Field)
31. Ramp Madness (Sonic Heroes: Seaside Hill)
32. Mini Marble Golf (Spyro 3: Charmed Ridge)
33. Mini Marble Golf: Icichole (Spyro 2: Summer Forest)
34. Basic Agility Course (Sonic Heroes: Rail Canyon)
35. Avoiding Hazards (Spyro 3: Sunny Villa)
36. Technoropes (Spyro 4: Dragonfly Dojo)
37. Take a Stroll (Spyro 4: Catchin' Rays)
38. Roll Like the Wind (Spyro 3: Bamboo Terrace)
39. Downhill Racing (Sonic Generations: Time Eater Boss Battle)
40. Double LoopLoop (Super Mario Sunshine: Sirena Beach)
41. Powerup Practice (Super Mario Sunshine: Into the Tunnels!)
42. Byzantine Helix (Spyro 4: Rainbow Speedway)
43. Convoluted Helix (Spyro 4: Volcano Slide)
44. Astroflight (Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Angel Island)
45. Winding Steps (Spyro 4: Honey Marsh)
46. Sprint (Spyro 5: Ineptune Boss Battle)
47. Floor Climb (Spyro 2: Crush's Dungeon)
48. Perplexingness (Spyro 5: Dragon Village)
49. Timely Ascent (Sonic Generations: City Escape (Modern Sonic))
50. Orange Fold Cube maze (Sonic 2: Mystic Cave 2P ( extremely rare extended version ))
and to these 3 stages in the intermediate including Marble Agility Course, Skill Zone and Gym should use Skate Park from Spyro 3. The other expert levels I request changed are Speed Attack, Tunnel Vision and others.

Here is a list of music to be used in those stages I request altered:

1. Tunnel Vision with Donkey Kong Country Returns: Life in the Mines
2. Dizzying Heights with Super Mario Sunshine: The Book in the Bottle Music
3. Recoil Ultra Course with Evening Lake Home World theme from Spyro 3
4. Bouncing Fun with Spyro 3: Lost Fleet
5. Speed Attack with Haunted Tomb music from Spyro 3
6. Sand Storm with Lanayru Desert (past era) from Zelda: Skyward Sword
7. Platform Mayhem with Platform Peril music from Spyro 4
8. The Tale of the Skyscraper with Super Mario Bros 3. Airship Fortress (SSBB version)
9. Space Station with Death Egg (Act 1) from Sonic 3 & Knuckles
10. Battlecube Finale with Final Fortress from Sonic Heroes

I also have other requests of bug fixes to the logins that if I use a valid email address and password which was registered for the 1.14 leaderboards, it won't let me login. I'm also requesting some new features for screen display like color corrections which include the hue, saturation, intensity, brightness, contrast, lightness, gamma and seperate controls of the X and Y Field of view controls with an option to lock or unlock it and the value displayed to measure the value it is set on.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2014 03:53 by brandondorf9999. Reason: including the request for the fov value display.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 Apr 2014 03:58 #68
I'm not going to even quote your list of songs. So, you want to remove the one's that were written for the game because you don't like them? There is a reason why the jukebox exists. Also, taking copyrighted work and shoving it into the game isn't very nice c:

I'm also requesting some new features for screen display like color corrections which include the hue, saturation, intensity, brightness, contrast, lightness, gamma

Not even possible in this engine.

I know I'm not matan or higuy, but I just had to post here.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
23 Apr 2014 04:39 - 23 Apr 2014 04:56 #69
No, it's not because I don't like them. It's because MBP levels needs their own music. Another thing, none of the copyright owners for music have noticed these and will not request them for to be removed from the game for a long time. If some company's department like YouTube (which sent a Cease and Desist order email to Zamzar for allowing users to download YT videos from that website) does ask the admins or mods in this site to take them off, then it's the possibility to not use copyrighted songs ever again. So I think you should be able to use them for right now and for a few years.

EDIT:
Could somebody remove 4 of the negative karmas from my account because a user can only increase or decrease karmas once, not by other numbers.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2014 04:56 by brandondorf9999.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
23 Apr 2014 08:00 #70

Jeff wrote: * snip*

I'm also requesting some new features for screen display like color corrections which include the hue, saturation, intensity, brightness, contrast, lightness, gamma

Not even possible in this engine.

I know I'm not matan or higuy, but I just had to post here.

Well, that's what for graphics extender is,

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Apr 2014 08:47 #71
I think I answered about the music before and I’ll answer it again: we’re not adding any more soundtracks. The filesize from all the ones you suggested (and suggested in the past) would be over 1 gigabyte. We were working hard to make 1.50 to have a similar to smaller file-size to that of 1.14 despite the (lots of) new content and thus far succeeded.

We are not going to add new soundtracks because you think they work. I rather think that PQ soundtrack would work better for X Y and Z level and that honestly dragonforce should replace multiplayer levels. See what I mean? Everyone has their own tastes and just because you think they work doesn’t mean others do.
As Jeff said if you want to see these soundtracks feel free to modify the mission file for singleplayer levels and/or use the Jukebox.

There is also the issue of DCMA/Copyright content and unless you get permission from every single one of these companies, publishers and copyright owners then you do not get to see it being published publicly. Your point of copyright owners not caring/requesting removal is moot because they are the owners right now. In the future they may give it to someone else who wouldn’t want to see the music available freely, request revenue, or may change their opinion altogether. See Nintendo and Let’s Plays. There was also a very popular marathon they nearly shut down recently but thanks to the massive outcry and negative criticism they changed their minds.

You will also find discussion of using copyright music in mods. I think the best answer is this: gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/3342...-peoples-mods-to-his
It also mentions to ask a lawyer which I agree with, but the above is generally correct and another reason as to why we won’t do it.
Also this applies to other mods! Even if a mod is free or not, the creators of any original work included within it (sounds, materials, models, source code) own the copyright for their work. That means I cannot use PQ soundtracks in MBP unless I asked our awesome music creator ;)

Regarding other requests:
Frostfire: won’t happen
Kwill: that sounds like a bug if it searches customs in gold because for me it does custom in custom and gold in gold. The way the menu was designed was in the same way the categories worked in 1.14 where MBP was its own and MBG was with customs.
Brandondorf9999: if you registered on 1.14 then use the same user/pass as you use on this website to log in. the email is the same as the one on the website. You will also find a PhilsEmpire scores importer for the leaderboards on your profile. As you can see it’s not a bug since your PhilsEmpire/ProBoards email was used here so obviously it already exists on our system.
Color correction etc. won’t happen like Jeff said due to engine limits (and some don’t even exist in the engine as options). You are welcome to download the Marble Blast Graphics Extender for most of these and we did try and implement them in 1.50 with absolutely terrible results so I don’t recommend it anyway.

I cannot and will not add/remove karma just because people request that. If one or more people think your posts were not up to taste or standard, or your behaviour is uncalled for, they can give you -1 as they wish. I personally don’t give a cow’s dung about that number and unless it’s being abused by people (which so far it hasn’t, I believe) then I don’t see a point to remove it just yet.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 198
25 Apr 2014 04:24 #72
I hope this is legal. Change the radar to arrows pointing to the gems in multiplayer.

lee is awesome

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
26 Apr 2014 03:51 - 26 Apr 2014 03:53 #73
My request is the same as Lee's, but, in both multiplayer and singleplayer. You guessed it, arrows pointing to gems even in singleplayer. This request is similar to that in Marble Blast Ultra/Online.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2014 03:53 by CheepFishMBP.

26 Apr 2014 05:27 #74
Well single player will be named MBU and multiplayer will be named MBO though.

lee is awesome

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Apr 2014 07:48 #75
I think Matan doesn't want this game to be a clone of MBO/U

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Apr 2014 14:51 #76
There are no issues of legality here. We would love to do arrows but it's impossible (engine, again). Otherwise you'd have seen it by now.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
09 May 2014 22:08 - 09 May 2014 22:09 #77
This is probably very late to ask. Anyways i have only one request, I asked Jeff to do it long time ago but now he doesn't want to be bugged currently.
Basically as I know shapes folder is under full CRC check. It would be really nice if you could crate folder in shapes folder called ''Custom'' or whatever you wish it to be called, which would be exception to CRC check. The reason for this is I have multiplayer level in works which is heavily relying on on custom shapes and I haven't managed to get any shapes to work by placing them in interiors folder but if I will try to place or add anything in shapes folder CRC is going to murder me when trying to join leaderboards/multiplayer..
Maybe it has been allready done or CRC checks only for files thats nessesary but yeah if it doesn't then it would be nice to have this. Otherwise that level is dead pretty much as I cant replicate terrain and some scenery with Dif.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 09 May 2014 22:09 by RDs.The-dts-guy.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
24 May 2014 23:11 #78
Another of my request is that if you have lost all your offline times, especially when your computer broke, you can copy online times, achievements, easter eggs, etc, to your offline ones.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
30 May 2014 23:45 #79
Sorry for double post, but another request is that a "Restart from Checkpoint" button should be added on the pause menu.

31 May 2014 00:13 #80

CheepFishMBP wrote: Sorry for double post, but another request is that a "Restart from Checkpoint" button should be added on the pause menu.

You can just press the respawn button.(If in single player)

lee is awesome

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
31 May 2014 01:29 #81
Also, another of my request relating to my previous one is that when you have reached a check point, and then fall off, your time should be restored. This also applies to MBU levels that will be coming soon in the next MBP 1.50 release.

31 May 2014 04:34 #82
Just wanted to say that some of these suggestions were already discussed in this topic:
marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-mbp-p...essay-topic?start=60

Also I edited my suggestion again:

31 May 2014 09:38 - 31 May 2014 09:43 #83
Great work on the UI!(Or is it a teaser?just wondering)

lee is awesome
Last edit: 31 May 2014 09:43 by Lee.

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Jul 2014 21:17 #84
Oh and I did forget the other request to the game that I wanted is the GLSL shaders installed into this game so that we can make those textures brighten and be able to add normal, bump, displacement and other maps to sharpen detail and lighten up the dark textures.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Jul 2014 22:35 #85
engine doesn't support this and we aren't going to add this because engine modifications are super hard

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Jul 2014 22:56 #86
That's no fun when the shaders aren't supported. I did see a game that had these and that would be Marble Blast Ultra which I do need to figure out how Torque set that up.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Jul 2014 23:01 #87
... you are aware that MBU is a far more advanced engine?
MBG is Torque Game Engine 1.1 Test Version
MBU is Torque Game Engine Advanced 1.6 (TGEA was previously called Torque Shader Engine)

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Jul 2014 23:52 #88

Rocket wrote: Just wanted to say that some of these suggestions were already discussed in this topic:
marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-mbp-p...essay-topic?start=60

Also I edited my suggestion again:

Where did you get that release from?

• Thank you received: 123
19 Jul 2014 00:18 #89
As I recall, that image was of a GUI he created himself, as a suggestion.

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Jul 2014 00:53 #90

promarbler14 wrote: As I recall, that image was of a GUI he created himself, as a suggestion.

How did he decompile and edit the dso file if that was compiled?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.337 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.