file Project Revolution [CANCELED]

• Thank you received: 0
10 Mar 2012 22:11 #121
amazing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
10 Mar 2012 22:14 #122
@mbgaddict collision works on every axis, so they could jump on top of each other

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

10 Mar 2012 22:16 #123
But it would require extreme precision, thus making it hard to actually complete a tutorial level where the marbles are supposed to jump on each other in sub 1.00.00

• HiGuy
  • HiGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 Mar 2012 22:30 #124
Jumping on each other is totally supported, mbgaddict, and you can get pretty precise hits without much difficulty. That co-op level idea sounds interesting... Will think about

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

11 Mar 2012 04:22 #125
Alright then try and test it, there is no harm in trying.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
04 May 2012 19:08 #126
[PROJECT REVOLUTION: DEAD]

Will a staff member or HiGuy change the name of the title please? Thanks.

Now, I have to say a few things to why this is dead.

1. PR was starting to suck..badly. the levels were *not* that good, and were not that impressive.
2. If we keep waiting for pr to maybe get better, it means more waiting on multiplayer code for MBG / other mods.
3. I personally feel that this is the right thing for the community. Pr was really starting to suck. Mostly everybody (including myself and HiGuy) were becoming REALLY LAZY at the game. I kind of felt that this was unfair to the marble blasting community, to make you guys wait for average levels and average graphics while instead everybody could be having a blast challenging each other on marble blast gold / other mods.

Now, I hope that nobody don't want to kill me or anything for making this dead. HOWEVER. I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS STILL.

Just because PR is dead DOES NOT mean that HiGuy and myself won't finish Multiplayer.

We both promised at least giving the community a working Multiplayer code. We will be working on that shortly, and hopefully releasing the hack package version of it to the community sometime during the Summer (United states seasons trololol). We did promise it, and we are not going to break that.

Now, as for myself, this does not mean that I will be leaving the community anytime soon just because PR will be dead either, (which i did allude to the past), as I don't actually plan to leave for a long time.

I have learned a lot during this process of mod making. I know one thing for sure, which is that I will most likely not lead modifications anymore in marble blast. It was fun while it lasted, but being a leader is a tough responsibility.

As for PR itself, I have chosen to NOT release any content. Staff, if you choose to keep a copy of the game you may, but do not release any content to anybody without my permission. All code is still respectively copyrighted to HiGuy and myself.

Now, back to the hax package. There is a 99.99999% chance that it will be in .dso format, as I do not want to release the source to our hard work on multiplayer.

I hope you all understand, sorry if I disappointed anyone, I feel that this is the best thing to do at this point.

Thanks for reading, happy blasting, and have a good weekend,

Jeff Hutchinson & the PR Staff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 18
04 May 2012 19:12 #127
Sorry to hear, but I'm glad you're still releasing multiplayer. Honestly, I think people were far more excited about that than about the levels in PR.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
04 May 2012 19:17 #128
thats what i thought too, exactly. Thanks Pablo, its good to see that one person isn't going to slice my neck off trololol.

Edit: thanks for changing the name too!

• HiGuy
  • HiGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
04 May 2012 21:53 #129
I won't slit your throat, rub your blood all over my hands and face, and then... *stops there*

So yes, we will continue to work on multiplayer support as before, but the whole mod thing has broken apart. The various parts of PR will be released in groups as mod-mods (meaning mods for your mods) or packages for the general public to install and use in any mod.

Look forward to the first modmod release, coming soon!

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
04 May 2012 22:20 #130
I had to

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
04 May 2012 22:23 #131
Why don't you just make it open to everyone; anyone who wants to submit a level or an idea or a marble eg can. Make it more of a community mod rather than a selected staff one.

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
04 May 2012 22:27 #132
May 4, 2012, 3:23pm, randslider123 wrote:Why don't you just make it open to everyone; anyone who wants to submit a level or an idea or a marble eg can. Make it more of a community mod rather than a selected staff one.

Just make custom levels when it's released.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
04 May 2012 22:45 #133
MP will be .dso'd for mod users, but we have something called data integrity. I don't want to sound rude, but this took a long time to do. Besides, what if Pr's features go into other mods...

• Thank you received: 18
04 May 2012 23:02 #134
May 4, 2012, 3:23pm, randslider123 wrote:Why don't you just make it open to everyone; anyone who wants to submit a level or an idea or a marble eg can. Make it more of a community mod rather than a selected staff one.

Community projects are almost always fail.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
04 May 2012 23:48 #135
speaking of community projects failing, i am assuming that the golfcourse CGL is dead too, which proves even more what pablo said.

05 May 2012 00:06 #136
Yay multiplayer is on the way!
Edit: Will mp have gem hunt mode?

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
05 May 2012 01:41 #137
Sad news for the community.
I hope you had fun making this, and I just know multiplayer will be awesome!
Will the previous PR level builders become custom level makers now?

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
05 May 2012 02:12 #138
@Ajdallas, i hope they continue to make customs!

We did have a blast for a while, but towards the end, especially me, i kinda dreaded at the sight of it lol.

05 May 2012 15:45 #139
We might finally have some activity now!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
05 May 2012 17:27 #140
Minimal, if any mbgaddict, and yes, it will have Gem hunt mode in it

ME GOOFING OFF IN PR 1 MONTH AGO DERP

06 May 2012 04:49 #141
so from what I understand Project Revolution is just giving out what they have to the community. Right or am I wrong? And if so, I like the idea.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
06 May 2012 05:04 #142
No, we are giving parts of it. So you are right and wrong. This is because some things will be going to other mods.

06 May 2012 21:03 #143
Like what things?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
06 May 2012 21:11 #144
...Why would I release the details, its called a secret . All I can say is that its some awesome super coolio stuff that HiGuy and I both made.

06 May 2012 21:38 #145
Alrighty then! Coolio it is.

06 May 2012 22:50 #146
When are these mod mods all going to be released?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
07 May 2012 00:28 #147
Sometime over the summer most likely.

• Thank you received: 2
08 May 2012 02:51 #148
It was my understanding that the non-MP part of the project was abandoned a long time ago... I'm glad that you're only working on MP though; MP is the only thing worth working on at this point.

• Thank you received: 1
12 May 2012 17:46 #149
Well, it took me a long time to realize this. ._. Anyways...

I sorry that it had to end this way. Lamp and I were both hoping, waiting, and wishing for PR to come out. I wish you good luck finishing the hack package.

Lamp:
Quote:Jeff/Higuy, I know how u feel with the whole being lazy thing. I haven't touched Elite in a month We all have great successes, and bad failures, but keep working through. Don't completely scrap PR keep it, one day you may be very happy to still have it. Random side note: Is there a possibility that select users get the .cs version

~Lampy

~Explode

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 May 2012 18:16 #150
@Lamp47, only PR current staff gets the source code, and we asked each of them to not release it. So, the pubic will not get the full source.

Thanks for your concerns/posts.

Jeff

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.072 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.