file Marble Blast XP [Keyboard + Mouse] [Temporary Key Fix]

• MatthieuParizeau
  • MatthieuParizeau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
30 Mar 2015 14:02 - 30 Mar 2015 18:21 #1
Hello Everyone,

I have finally figured out what is wrong with Marble Blast XP. The temporary key error is caused by a registry value that shouldn't be there. It also needs to have Microsoft Process Monitor open to run for whatever reason.

Either way, once I figured that out, I modified the game to use the mouse and keyboard and not require a NetJet. I also fixed the console and editor.

Temporary Key Fix
Code:
Install procmon(Process Monitor) from microsoft: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896645.aspx Whenever you run the game make sure procmon is running or the game might give the error and you will need to delete the registry keys again. If it ever gives problems you have to delete the following registry keys: HKCU\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LICENSES\{0273343E3A93332DB} AND HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Licenses\{0273343E3A93332DB}

Download: www.mediafire.com/download/h892vwu0ghxu9...t_XP_-_No_NetJet.zip

I hope you enjoy!

EDIT: Feel free to add this to the download section of the site. Also I wasn't sure where to post this so I put it in mods since I did infact modify it to run without a NetJet etc.

EDIT2: To Enable FreeLook just open the console with '~' and type in:
Code:
$pref::Input::AlwaysFreeLook=1;

EDIT3: I was able to test the game on Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows 7 32 Bit, and Windows 8.1 32 Bit today. It appears that on 32 Bit operating systems, the game runs flawlessly and will never ever give the temporary key error.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2015 18:21 by MatthieuParizeau.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arcadeog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
05 Apr 2015 22:25 - 05 Apr 2015 22:39 #2
Pretty late replay but managed to test this and it works great, remapping keys has to be done through text editor but except that everything works. Great find Mathew. Could this copy be used somewhere is unknown. Currently I havent found anything major that could be used or anything that would make this engine different from MBG one. It seems like it's 100% same game with few changed textures, cut/simplified levels and odd camera movement. Also fully functional checkpoints seem to be presisten.
Edit: that's a new one, found folder under marble/client/VMPlayer it included readme file. Tons of new options added for sound aperently. pastebin.com/pjvjTCmW GameShell.dll can be find in main directory so i assume it's associated with that.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 05 Apr 2015 22:39 by RDs.The-dts-guy.

• SourSpitballs
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Hello There
  • Thank you received: 3
04 Jun 2015 16:45 - 04 Jun 2015 17:09 #3
nnice one
Edit:Im getting a black screen,console.log here!
Warning: Spoiler!

Marble Blast Boyo
Last edit: 04 Jun 2015 17:09 by SourSpitballs. Reason: Problem with game

• 1will2000will1
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
04 Oct 2015 17:42 #4
I haven't found many problems with Windows 10 x64.A few things are a bit off when using a high resolution. This however does not make the game unplayable by any means. Also is the mouse supposed to turn the camera? Anywhere I've looked, it says the MBXP camera does not work with the mouse.

Marble Blaster Since 2003
Skype - will99100

• Thank you received: 17
28 Nov 2015 02:51 #5

1will2000will1 wrote: I haven't found many problems with Windows 10 x64.A few things are a bit off when using a high resolution. This however does not make the game unplayable by any means. Also is the mouse supposed to turn the camera? Anywhere I've looked, it says the MBXP camera does not work with the mouse.

Know this is rather old, but the mouse does work for me. I managed to rebind the keys, but now the mouse has a low sensitivity, which is rather unfortunate. But the mouse should work under normal circumstances as far as I know.

• EdFanTheSuperMegaKid
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Spongetool Edition
  • Thank you received: 0
08 Aug 2021 05:16 - 08 Aug 2021 23:37 #6
It's actually pretty cool to see that you extracted files from a NetJet game and made it optimized for people who don't have a NetJet. PlatinumQuest definitely needs another set of marbles and music from XP, and that's why I made a custom pack for the exclusive marbles and music from the game.

marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-custo...pack-part-1-download

A stupidly noobish Marble Blast player who despises Castle Colossus and wants to make a Fusion DLC for OpenMBU
I wanna be a Master Marbler but I suck at MB
Last edit: 08 Aug 2021 23:37 by EdFanTheSuperMegaKid. Reason: I wanted to add the link to the downloads of my pack.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.