file I had an idea...

• Kostas
  • Kostas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 3
19 Aug 2015 01:33 #1
Hello guys, how are you? Fine? I am glad.. :D
Yesterday I was very bored, so I made a clear copy of MBG, then I removed interiors and levels and tested some features from mod-making sources (Higuy's checkpoint and Jeff's marble skin selector). After that, I had an idea that got stuck in my head, to make a level pack in order to challenge my level building 'skills' (about 40-50 leves) including these features and full modified data folder. This means a new skybox, new textures, new shapes (not all.. basicaly only pads are enough) and about 3-4 new music tracks. The bad thing is that I am only level maker! And I can't make the rest.. So I became up with this idea (I know it is probably pointless but I want to try it. I am on vacation and I have nothing to do :P ), to make it available for anyone to participate on it. If you have nothing to do and you want to help me, just spend some of your free time to make some stuff and PM them to me. I want a cartoony theme for my level pack. (Something like MBPlus.. yeah).

These are the things I need:
Textures:
edge_white
edge_white2
a wall texture (sth like MBU and MBP one)
2-3 different styled texture sets with different colours
a bouncy floor
and frictions.. ice, grass, sand and space.

Skybox:
I don't want a skybox made with terragen. I need something simillar like the MBP's old one (The fried egg.. haha I loved this one). Something with clouds at the bottom.. A cartoony one.

Shapes:
I only need pads and a checkpoint model.

Sounds:
3-4 tracks and a checkpoint sound.

So. If you have nothing to do or you have found something you made in the garbage that you don't need, feel free to PM me :D I have a lot of levels planned, I just need the textures to start replicating them. I can wait for the rest. Anyways, I'm leaving now. I will check tomorrow if anyone is interested. Have a goodnight, day, evening, whatever! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
27 Aug 2015 05:56 #2
So you're making a level pack? That sounds cool. Just a small note: 40-50 levels seems like a lot for a first-time mod. I'd recommend that you get started and see how many levels you can make before looking for additional people to help. I'm sure many people here would be happy to give you pointers on level building, but make sure you have something to show first :)

Best of luck, looking forward to hearing more.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
27 Aug 2015 12:09 #3
That sounds cool. I make textures, interested?

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
27 Aug 2015 14:14 #4
I can also make some textures for you to use, in fact I already made some MB-cartoony style for no particular reason before.

• Thank you received: 25
27 Aug 2015 23:28 #5
What I like about your idea is that you've decided to stay feasible compared to a lot of other mods in recent years which have tried to achieve the magnitude of MBP. Even then, I would tone down the objective to making just 15-30 very replayable fun levels rather because you'll end up going for quantity over quality. Anyways, looking forward to more.

• Kostas
  • Kostas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 3
31 Aug 2015 18:05 #6
Anything you want to make for me is acceptable. Just PM it to me don't ask me if I am interested. So yeah I think I must make less levels for first time!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.