SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [RESOLVED] Rolling sounds not working and You picked up a coin

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
30 Apr 2016 16:20 - 18 Jun 2016 22:45 #1
So whenever I play MBG or MBP now the rolling sounds are not present. (Rolling_Hard.wav and Sliding.wav) I have not activated testcheats when I've opened them and I've relaunched them several times. I have recently been playing with some other mods which requires me to switch my "marble" and "common" folders in my Library folder. I've went through and tried to clear out everything in the folders except prefs.cs to no avail. Even creating new "marble" and "common" folders has not worked. I checked in the Package Contents of MBG and the rolling sounds are in there. Every other sound is working besides these. Another issue is when I collect a gem in MBG, it says "You picked up a coin!" Obviously, this is a mod issue. I was recently playing with some other mods so I suppose this affected the Package Contents somehow. Help would be appreciated. :)
Last edit: 18 Jun 2016 22:45 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 406
30 Apr 2016 18:14 #2
I've noticed that on certain levels (Airwalk, Morph, The Wave, etc.), the rolling sound or other sounds don't play as they should. Are you playing one of those levels or does it happen on every level you try?
  • Jkk39
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
02 May 2016 01:55 #3
No, any level. Also, I've fixed the rolling sounds bug by reinstalling MBG. The coin problem still persists, however. Even with a new MarbleBlast folder. Anyone know where in the Package Contents the dialogue is stored when you pick up a gem? That would probably solve it.
Interestingly, the MBG I used to reinstall did not have the coin issue. But it still does. I'm extremely puzzled. I doubt it but, could it be an El Capitan issue?
(Tiger-Snow Leopard 4 life)
  • Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
03 May 2016 13:40 #4

NatureFreak wrote: I've noticed that on certain levels (Airwalk, Morph, The Wave, etc.), the rolling sound or other sounds don't play as they should. Are you playing one of those levels or does it happen on every level you try?

Sounds like the game is getting too many sound effects at once to have them all playing at once.

If you make a tight line of gems that goes on for several tiles, and roll down it, you'll notice that halfway through, the rest of the gems you pick up don't make a sound, then once the sounds that are playing have completely disappeared, gem pickups and other new sounds can be played again.

In Morph and The Wave, there are a lot of moving platforms. In Gold, moving platforms make whooshing sounds. I think it's only loud enough to hear with fast ones though (check the cube MPs in Survival of the Fittest, as they slow down they become quieter), but I believe from what you said that the sound is present in all of them. In Platinum, they also make "sound," but the file is just silence, so even if it is moving fast enough or whatever, there won't be any noise.
All those moving platforms are enough for the game to stop playing new sounds.

In Airwalk, all the fan sounds are what's "overflowing" the game.

I think Jkk has a different problem, but hopefully I wasn't completely wrong. :pinch:
  • Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
05 May 2016 13:34 #5

Jkk39 wrote: Also, I've fixed the rolling sounds bug by reinstalling MBG. The coin problem still persists, however. Even with a new MarbleBlast folder. Anyone know where in the Package Contents the dialogue is stored when you pick up a gem?

I'm assuming by "coin" you mean "gem," as there are no coins in Gold.
The gem sound is in [MBG install directory]/marble/data/sound/ and the file is gotgem.wav, but there is also gotallgems.wav, which is played instead when you get the last gem.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
07 May 2016 05:43 #6

Anyone know where in the Package Contents the dialogue is stored when you pick up a gem?

Check marble/server/scripts/game.cs, in GameConnection::onFoundGem().

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Jkk39
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
07 May 2016 18:55 #7

Weather wrote:

Jkk39 wrote: Also, I've fixed the rolling sounds bug by reinstalling MBG. The coin problem still persists, however. Even with a new MarbleBlast folder. Anyone know where in the Package Contents the dialogue is stored when you pick up a gem?

I'm assuming by "coin" you mean "gem," as there are no coins in Gold.
The gem sound is in [MBG install directory]/marble/data/sound/ and the file is gotgem.wav, but there is also gotallgems.wav, which is played instead when you get the last gem.

The gem issue is not a sound problem. When I pick up a gem, at the bottom of the screen it says "You picked up a coin! # gems to go!" It refers to both gems and coins, an unfinished mod most likely leaked in, probably MB+. Still, a reinstall didn't fix it.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
07 May 2016 21:50 - 07 May 2016 21:50 #8
Try deleting marble/server/scripts/game.cs.dso from inside MBG and ~/Library/MarbleBlast. You may have copied a modified version into MBG by accident. If it still fails, open marble/server/scrips/game.cs and look for "GameConnection::onFoundGem". The gem/coin message should be close to that.

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 07 May 2016 21:50 by HiGuy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jkk39
  • Jkk39
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
09 May 2016 01:38 #9
Aha! Finally that did it! Just had to delete game.cs.dso. Thanks Higuy. Lock I guess?
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
13 May 2016 04:27 #10
Glad to hear you could resolve this. Locking.

Code:
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds