SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] How to install custom levels?

• Zerodius
  • Zerodius's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
29 Jul 2016 23:10 - 15 May 2017 15:09 #1
Title is self-explanatory, I'm new to downloading custom levels and there's nothing to help me out relating to what to do with the download files or where to place them. Can anyone help?
Last edit: 15 May 2017 15:09 by Aayrl. Reason: Inactive for > 180 days. Closing Topic.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 198
30 Jul 2016 05:27 #2
First of, if you downloaded a .zip/.rar file, there's probably a readme text file in it. Open it and follow the instructions. If there isn't, look at the post where you downloaded the level from. The creator of the level may put the instructions there.

If you still cannot find it there, here's how :
1. Put your .mis file into ~/data/missions/custom
2. Put your .png file (pick the one that resembles the level. Do not pick the wrong one (textured etc.)) into ~data/missions/custom
3. Put your .dif file into ~data/interiors

Let me know if you have any other problems!

lee is awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zerodius
  • Zerodius
  • Zerodius's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
31 Jul 2016 04:33 - 01 Aug 2016 01:14 #3
So I downloaded Buzzmusic's levels 1-15 and 16-30, and it didn't come with any tips on placement. Likewise, they came with music files (or a music file), so what folder would I make (I didn't have the custom folder you mentioned so I created it) or what folder would they go in? Likewise, some of the maps from these particular downloads are completely missing. Is that unique to the download or did I do something wrong?
[hr]Thank you for the advice, but there's a couple other things. I installed them into the custom file which I had to make, and some of them are playable but others are just a start and end tile somewhere and the rest is blank except for powerups. Is this kind of error unique to the download or did I do something wrong somehow? About half of the file of Buzzmusic's Levels 1-15 was playable and the other half had this glitch I mentioned, and I did the same exact thing for every level.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2016 01:14 by HiGuy. Reason: Combined
  • Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
01 Aug 2016 11:24 #4
1. Music files go into ~/data/sound/music/

2. If everything but the platforms appear in a level, the .dif file is in the wrong spot. Chances are the game is looking for it in a folder inside of interiors. If you open a level with missing platforms and open the console (with the ~ key), somewhere you should get an error message saying "Could not load interior" followed by where the interior should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee
  • Thank you received: 198
01 Aug 2016 12:00 #5

Likewise, they came with music files (or a music file), so what folder would I make (I didn't have the custom folder you mentioned so I created it) or what folder would they go in?

I am guessing that you're using Marble Blast Gold to play those custom levels. Some of them are for Marble Blast Platinum, so you need to check which level is which. On to the point, put your music files (.mp3) into ~data/sounds

some of the maps from these particular downloads are completely missing.

Are you sure? Maybe counting them would help.

some of them are playable but others are just a start and end tile somewhere and the rest is blank except for powerups.

So, there are two reasons for that :
1. You placed the interiors in the wrong place.
2. It's for other mods. (MBP)
Buzzmusic has made a lot of levels for both MBG and MBP, and you probably placed it in the wrong folder, or the wrong game. To check this, go to the .mis file for that level and find a line of code which resembles a file path. Look into it and see if it's placed in the wrong folder or game.

If you have any more questions, please ask! :)

~ Lee

lee is awesome
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.743 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.