SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

question-circle [OPEN] How do I make Marble Blast mods work?

• MikeSan
  • MikeSan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Apr 2017 01:58 - 15 May 2017 17:18 #1
I've downloaded several Marble Blast mods such as Marble Blast Emerald, Marble Blast Elite, and Gerson's level compilation, but none of these seem to work after I completed the installation processes (the only on that worked was Marble Blast Future, but the frictions and bouncy floors don't work, but I'll talk about that later).

Let me show you more detail about my troubles. I'll be using Marble Blast Emerald.

Since I am a Mac user, I have read the Mac Installation file which is located in the marble_blast_emerald_1.0 folder (the one I downloaded). It says to do the following:
- Open the package contents of Marble Blast Gold.
- Copy the main.cs file and contents folder and paste them into the Marble Blast Emerald folder.
- Copy Marble Blast Gold's ignitionGui.gui.dso and ignitionstatusgui.gui.dso files (which can be found in marble/ui) and paste them in the same area in Marble Blast Emerald.
- Rename the marble_blast_emerald_1.0 folder to MBE1.0.app.

I've done all of these, yet, when clicking on the application, it says "Error. Failed to open main.cs. Failed to initialize game, shutting down." Thus, I can never open Marble Blast Emerald (or any other mod for that matter).

Why do I want these mods? Why not? The more the merrier, they say. I'm mainly interested into playing the levels and seeing what the mods have to offer. If you could help me with this, that would be great! Thanks! :D
Last edit: 15 May 2017 17:18 by Aayrl.
  • Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
03 Apr 2017 03:07 #2
Hello, fellow mac user! :D
The installation processes instructed for many of these mods can be quite confusing since they were often created by majority Windows users, and I could not install a ton of these mods for a while. However I was eventually told that I should simply copy over the Contents file from the mod into MBG, replacing its contents file (and make a copy of MBG so you can still have it) and rename the application as Marble Blast Emerald.app (for example). I hope this is correct by my memory, that's what I think I've been doing for most of these mods.

Good luck,
~Eguy

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
  • MikeSan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Apr 2017 04:53 #3
Thanks for the response, but I think there's got to be another way. I seem to be confused.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
03 Apr 2017 19:25 #4
Make sure you copied everything to the right place. Inside Marble Blast Emerald.app (or whatever you called it) there should be at least the following:
- Contents
- common
- marble
- main.cs

These should be immediately inside the application bundle (so the folder that opens when you "Show Package Contents").

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • MikeSan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Apr 2017 23:49 #5
Actually, I moved the position of the main.cs file and now the error message doesn't pop up but the game doesn't open.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 Apr 2017 02:49 #6
HiGuy, don't forget about the Library folder (backup/remove so that stuff gets applied properly which should fix his frictions problem).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
04 Apr 2017 06:23 - 04 Apr 2017 06:23 #7
Right. Make sure to check <your home dir>/Library/MarbleBlast for any dso files that may be laying around. These can conflict with some mods' scripts. Just delete all the dso files you find in there and it should stop conflicting.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 04 Apr 2017 06:23 by HiGuy.
  • MikeSan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Apr 2017 23:56 - 05 Apr 2017 04:11 #8
Some really weird things are going on with the mods.

For Emerald, the game says the main.cs error and then shuts down.

For Advanced, the game opens but then black screens and I can't access anything.

For Elite, the game doesn't open at all.
­

The thing that's happening in Advanced is also happening with Gerson's Level Compilation.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2017 04:11 by Kalle29. Reason: Joined together a double post - Kalle
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.