Reply: [OPEN] How do I make Marble Blast mods work?

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: [OPEN] How do I make Marble Blast mods work?

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

04 Apr 2017 23:56

Some really weird things are going on with the mods.

For Emerald, the game says the main.cs error and then shuts down.

For Advanced, the game opens but then black screens and I can't access anything.

For Elite, the game doesn't open at all.
­

The thing that's happening in Advanced is also happening with Gerson's Level Compilation.

• HiGuy
04 Apr 2017 06:23

Right. Make sure to check <your home dir>/Library/MarbleBlast for any dso files that may be laying around. These can conflict with some mods' scripts. Just delete all the dso files you find in there and it should stop conflicting.

• IsraeliRD
04 Apr 2017 02:49

HiGuy, don't forget about the Library folder (backup/remove so that stuff gets applied properly which should fix his frictions problem).

03 Apr 2017 23:49

Actually, I moved the position of the main.cs file and now the error message doesn't pop up but the game doesn't open.

• HiGuy
03 Apr 2017 19:25

Make sure you copied everything to the right place. Inside Marble Blast Emerald.app (or whatever you called it) there should be at least the following:
- Contents
- common
- marble
- main.cs

These should be immediately inside the application bundle (so the folder that opens when you "Show Package Contents").

03 Apr 2017 04:53

Thanks for the response, but I think there's got to be another way. I seem to be confused.

• Eguy
03 Apr 2017 03:07

Hello, fellow mac user! :D
The installation processes instructed for many of these mods can be quite confusing since they were often created by majority Windows users, and I could not install a ton of these mods for a while. However I was eventually told that I should simply copy over the Contents file from the mod into MBG, replacing its contents file (and make a copy of MBG so you can still have it) and rename the application as Marble Blast Emerald.app (for example). I hope this is correct by my memory, that's what I think I've been doing for most of these mods.

Good luck,
~Eguy

03 Apr 2017 01:58

I've downloaded several Marble Blast mods such as Marble Blast Emerald, Marble Blast Elite, and Gerson's level compilation, but none of these seem to work after I completed the installation processes (the only on that worked was Marble Blast Future, but the frictions and bouncy floors don't work, but I'll talk about that later).

Let me show you more detail about my troubles. I'll be using Marble Blast Emerald.

Since I am a Mac user, I have read the Mac Installation file which is located in the marble_blast_emerald_1.0 folder (the one I downloaded). It says to do the following:
- Open the package contents of Marble Blast Gold.
- Copy the main.cs file and contents folder and paste them into the Marble Blast Emerald folder.
- Copy Marble Blast Gold's ignitionGui.gui.dso and ignitionstatusgui.gui.dso files (which can be found in marble/ui) and paste them in the same area in Marble Blast Emerald.
- Rename the marble_blast_emerald_1.0 folder to MBE1.0.app.

I've done all of these, yet, when clicking on the application, it says "Error. Failed to open main.cs. Failed to initialize game, shutting down." Thus, I can never open Marble Blast Emerald (or any other mod for that matter).

Why do I want these mods? Why not? The more the merrier, they say. I'm mainly interested into playing the levels and seeing what the mods have to offer. If you could help me with this, that would be great! Thanks! :D

Time to create page: 0.685 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.