file PlatinumQuest 4th Anniversary Event

• Yoshicraft224
  • Yoshicraft224's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
02 Jul 2021 06:01 - 03 Jul 2021 10:13 #1
Damn, this shit is 4 years old now. That's crazy. I remember July 2017 when I didn't know about PQ at all until a few days later when Matan uploaded his video on a beta version of Gems. Then I went and downloaded PQ from the website, and then my shitty ass laptop couldn't even run the thing. And now, here we are, 4 years later, doing many actually really easy things with the game previously said to be impossible. Like adding MBU shapes and skyboxes god knows how long after all the MBU levels and stuff were added. Good times.

Anyway, the event will start on Saturday, July 3rd, 2021 at 12pm (Noon) EST! As usual, we'll be playing through all of PQ's levels in Co-op, including all the bonus levels, so be there, or be doing something other than restarting Racing Spirits, Diminishing Returns, and Puzzle 11 over and over again for like 20 minutes each. Hope to see you there, though! Last year we maxed out at 9 people, so let's try to beat that! As well as...

Like last year, (I'm just copying the stuff from last year's forum post for the rest of this paragraph) I plan on recording all our times and scores so we can compare to future years! Gem Madness levels will count towards both score and time, and if incomplete, will add the max elapsed time. If we don't get all the way through for whatever reason, I'm just adding 99:59.999 for every incomplete level. As for Haste levels and any other levels we might not be able to complete just because of bugs or level design... Well... I don't know. Maybe they'll just be marked as incomplete with no time added.

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 03 Jul 2021 10:13 by Yoshicraft224. Reason: Added a link to the spreadsheet of times and scores, changed time from 4pm to noon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yoshicraft224
  • Yoshicraft224's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
04 Jul 2021 01:49 #2
Thank you to everyone that came! Also, an extra special shoutout to TrueSlayer74 for not only sticking with the event all the way through, but also recording the whole thing! We well overshot our previous peak of 9 players. I think the peak this time might've been 13, but maybe even up to 15 people were in the game at a time! We were also able to finish Rush Hour somehow. Other than this, though, before even calculating the total time and score, I can already tell we did a lot worse this year than last year, but that's fine! We had lots of fun. The event lasted a total of about 8 and a half hours from Training Wheels to Puzzle 11.

As with the PQ and MBP events last year, the total time and score will be calculated soon and added to the bottom of the sheet. I imagine this year's will have been over 100 minutes, which is at least half an hour more than last year's. Our longest level was easily Perseverance at almost 13 minutes by itself, while our shortest level was Puzzle 3 - Emblem at only 1.293 seconds. We also discovered some fun exploits with steal mode allowing for the duplication (and deletion) of gems from levels, although this really only proved at all useful on Puzzle 11 - Nightmare.

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gittles, A-Game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.829 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.