file Imperial's Videos Topic

• Imperial
  • Imperial's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
22 Oct 2010 11:54 #361
Just to say that I'm currently making a speedrun for Andrew's newest level: A Day At the Links. Throughout these few levels after the level was released, I played the level for quite some time and I've managed it well and also found out many tweaks. I'll focus on recording it this weekend, so stay tuned.

My best prediction for the end time will be 1:40 minutes, considering that the elevator on the 8th hole arrives just after I finished collecting the gems. (I can get to the 7th hole within 1 minute, during my testing runs) But we'll see if I can get even lower.

However, I'm afraid to announce that it will be recorded with my digital camera, due to present of fans in the level. Nonetheless, I hope you'll all enjoy it.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
22 Oct 2010 13:27 #362
Looking forward to it! Maybe then I can beat the level.

• Thank you received: 15
22 Oct 2010 16:28 #363
Can't wait for the vid!

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
24 Oct 2010 14:12 #364
A Day at the Links (1:18.34s)

This is one heck of a video.

This level was released on Monday, and since then everyday after I school I sit in front of my computer and played this level until I think it was time to leave it. This level apparently is very fun and at the same time great for path-finding that I kept on finding new tweaks.
However, I didn't consider making a vid until last Friday. I was so addicted to this level that I wanted to make a vid of it.

Story:

So on friday I decided to speedrun this level. I utilized all the tweaks I've found to that day and sub-2 mins was definitely possible. I posted on my videos topic and I told Matan about it. My best prediction was 1:40. On that night, I focused on recording but it turned out extremely hard to be done perfect with all the tweaks I've found. I did a 1:56.35 but I was too tired to improve.
On Saturday, I played ADAtL for the whole morning and I surprised myself with finding more tweaks that can save 13 seconds. I told Matan about this and he even doubted if I was skipping the holes. After finding those tweaks, I was sure that sub 1:40 was definitely possible but I suspected sub 1:30 due to the elevator may slow down my run. Later, Matan and I had some massive talks about ADAtL and he even found out an awesome path on hole #2 that can save at least 3 seconds. (See in vid) He also suggested saving a gyro from hole #1 and use it in hole #3. (I never tried before) He proved that using the gyro on #3 save 6 seconds, but I gave up this tweak due to the fact it's hard for me to pull off and I would have to modify my path on #1 entirely. At that night, I made a 1:34.06 recording, and I wasn't satisfied as it was still not yet perfected.
On Sunday, I continued playing ADatL and did 1:29.34. I told Matan yet again and he was shocked at my sub 1:30. I was still going to improve it, but I was frustrated and confused due to my digital camera always screwing the videos and I had trouble with it. I want to record with .rec but I was aware that the fans might screw it. I asked Matan's opinion and I finally decided to record with .rec. I did a 1:27.50 with .rec in 43 attempts, but it was certainly not perfect. I tried to record it with FRAPS but it turns out the .rec fails if I do so. Matan insisted that if I record the run in a few segments I could certainly record the whole thing. I was still quite frustrated, but nonetheless I kept on recording.
On my 107th attempt, I utilized every last tweaks and finally pulled out this hell of a run.

This path requires relatively much luck, and also tons of skills. My hands were shaking heavily on the last hole and I almost ruined this run with like every move I did on the last hole.(Lucky edge-hit at the very end) My heart was beating heavily, but I'm glad I finally made a *perfect* run on this level.

Times I got: (They are in sequence and I only post the sub-2 mins ones)

1:56.35
1:34.06
1:29.34
1:27.50
1:18.34 (woot!)

Finally, I inserted a nice blooper at the end of the video (recorded with digital camera) so don't leave that fast when the run ends.
I had to compress this video so the quality is not as good as well as the fps, sorry about that. Also, I used the same song as my previous vid but it doesn't matter because the last time it wasn't played fully and the song is just awesome.

Enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Oct 2010 14:26 #365
Holy crapoly! Hole 5 was seriously amazing (that's where your sub-4 secs one came from! nice one!). Sucks the hole #1 and #3 route wasn't implemented but oh well. Epic skills all round, very nice speed and tons of tweaks and routes pulled out. Instant fav.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 0
24 Oct 2010 14:33 #366
Pure awesome! Awesome technics and skills!

24 Oct 2010 14:44 #367
Amazing! I was waiting for that.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
24 Oct 2010 15:11 #368
Nice skills and tweaks! definitely wow!

• Thank you received: 7
24 Oct 2010 17:34 #369
nice dude

24 Oct 2010 18:19 #370
Sick run and hilarious blooper! Your best vid yet.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
07 Nov 2010 15:58 #371
Pokko's Levels Compilation - Levels 21-30

Finally a new vid after tons of busy work.
Originally all 10 levels are recorded with my camera, but since it has crappy quality and I wanted to improve them, I started redoing all the levels. This has taken a lot of hard work but I know it's worth it.

All the levels are improved from the times recorded with my camera except #24 due to the annoying edge-hit, that I did 0.13s slower. (It doesn't make a lot of difference anyways) I'm very happy with this result, especially with #23 being improved by 51 seconds. (A totally new and insane path that destroyed the level completely) and this is definitely an awesome video to watch!

Enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
07 Nov 2010 16:56 #372
It had said private for a short while, but its working now!

Dude, I can't believe at the paths/tweaks you found, great job! And an unbelievable speed at which you played and went on the levels! Looking forward to a possible more levels from Pokko video!:D

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
07 Nov 2010 17:02 #373
Great job, was epic watch!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

07 Nov 2010 17:49 #374
Awesome runs! Rubix Cube was my fav.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
07 Nov 2010 21:19 #375
#23 was insanely packed with risky jumps! Def my fav!
Awesome job Imperial, can't wait for more to come in the future!
(31-40)

08 Nov 2010 06:40 #376
I wish people liked my levels that much.

08 Nov 2010 20:49 #377
Amazing skills.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
13 Nov 2010 13:01 #378
Playground 2 (15.18s, 14.33s, 11.94s)

A nice and short level that is fun and good for path-finding.

I originally thinks that the UT (15 seconds) is really tough and almost unbeatable, after I made the first path. I think the path can only go 15-16 seconds at best. I was right. I did 15.18 as my best.
I started to find another path because I know the UT is possible. I formed the second path and got 14.XX at the second last TM. However, I wasn't satisfied due to the delay caused by getting the SJ. I was then thinking how I should improve the path. Later, I found out that collecting the second last TM often causes an edge-hit which is random, then I started to try if directly shooting up to the last TM with an edge-hit is possible. I can save 2-3 seconds ignoring the SJ and I eventually pulled out the last run.
Music inspired by Awengrocks.

Enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Nov 2010 13:50 #379
Good job with that edge hit there, def. harder than it looks.

13 Nov 2010 18:10 #380
Awesome edge hit in the last run.

13 Nov 2010 19:44 #381
Excellent job on the last run!

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
13 Nov 2010 23:21 #382
Obviously everyone's only going to focus on the last run, but I thought they were all great. I love pathfinding levels and videos of them.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
28 Nov 2010 11:25 #383
Jumping to Eternity (25.34s)

Finally a new video in two weeks. I was apparently very busy but nonetheless here's a good run for Pokko's level - Jumping to Eternity. This video was recorded quite some time ago but I had no time to upload it, so you could't see it until now.

You can see that I finished the level the complete opposite way. That path was made after I hate the original beginning of the level. I tried to think of a different start and 'ding' I found a reverse path. It's much faster imo than the normal path. Overall a really good run except the mine hit is not perfect. You can go down to 23-24s with a perfect one. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
28 Nov 2010 12:21 #384
Haha, nice start. I noticed you went the opposite way of the correct path!
Creative thinking

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Nov 2010 14:40 #385

28 Nov 2010 15:02 #386
nice

28 Nov 2010 15:41 #387
Great path!

Pokko needs to learn to align the pads.

28 Nov 2010 18:14 #388
Awesome run!

28 Nov 2010 22:51 #389
Nov 28, 2010, 11:35am, pokko wrote:
Nov 28, 2010, 7:41am, pablovasquez wrote:Great path!

Pokko needs to learn to align the pads.

what??

The start and finish pads are placed too low into the interior.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
02 Feb 2011 16:20 #390
Ladders (36.93s) - Speeding up and down!

Sorry that it has been over 2 months for me leaving my channel inactive. However, you're going to be shocked by this amazing speedrun which I think all of you will enjoy watching it.

I picked up this level a while ago. Nothing too special except that I hated the normal ending which is full of hesitation and wastes quite some time. I have been into a lot of testing and I finally find out that it is possible to directly bounce on the 8th gem after getting the SA and up to the final floor. This shortcut saves about 2-3s that it is a great contribution to this speedrun.
Other timesavers are listed here:
-Edge-hit at the start which saves ~ 1 sec. This was also featured on my previous 43.50s video but this time it directly shoots me up to the upper floor which is even faster.
-After getting the 5th gem, instead of using the SS, I save it while gaining speed to go up the ladder with its own speed. This actually saves time because using the SS will cause you gaining extra height and loses time.
-Using the SS at the long ladder. Reduces time on tightrope and also a lot easier than crossing the tightrope manually.
-A sweet shortcut at the end which can be tough.

I hope you enjoy!

P.S. Sorry about the brightness of this video, it somehow appears to be naturally bright but I'll try to lower it next time.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.219 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.