file Imperial's Videos Topic

• Thank you received: 15
07 Aug 2013 17:11 #421
Good runs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
07 Aug 2013 17:39 #422
Glad to see that you're making MB videos again! You're still fantastic at playing MB even after so long.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
07 Aug 2013 17:47 #423
Stellar paths even after 2 years! Now that you're making videos again, I'm now officially subscribing you!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Thank you received: 52
08 Aug 2013 05:23 #424
Loved all 3, but especially Collection Conundrum. Keep 'em coming!

• Imperial
  • Imperial's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
05 Sep 2013 10:13 #425
Fizzy Cherry Soda 2 (3.79s) + Bloopers!

An awesome sub-4 seconds run on Matan's newest level. I had only played through the level briefly when Matan told me that there are at least six different shortcuts that I can take in this level. I immediately realized the possibility of traplaunching, so I went ahead and tried. It was at first really difficult, especially with the low OOB triggers right on top of the finish. But then I found out that trapping at the side where the upper platform is a slope makes the trap much more easier and accurate, and boom I got this time.

I also included bloopers (some are really close) that are fun to watch, just for the lols. Enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
05 Sep 2013 10:20 #426
Great job! I never realised the side of the platform would be easier (in fact doing normally would be pretty tough), but well done on the find. Great bloopers too!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
05 Sep 2013 22:19 #427
I was not expecting that trap launch...

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Thank you received: 52
06 Sep 2013 00:25 #428
I give you a fizzy cherry congratulations!

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
31 May 2014 14:55 #429
1vs1 Marble Blast Multiplayer - Imperial vs Dushine - Epicenter

New video since a long time (yet again) :P An amazing 1vs1 multiplayer match between me and dushine, the guy who I've wanted to play mp with so long. Anyway, it went out pretty well for me that I had a constant lead for the majority of the match, but then dushine revealed his godly skills near the end. Considering it's his first game of the day, I should be glad to have such result. :P

Enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
31 May 2014 19:23 #430
Man oh man oh man...what a match...just as close as our Sprawl one...got too lucky towards the last 30s...a comeback even I did not expect to make :P
Great to have you back to posting videos!

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
27 Sep 2014 14:16 - 27 Sep 2014 14:26 #431
Marble Blast Emerald Complete Speedrun

Back in the summer of 2011 I had this idea in mind: To do a complete mod speedrun for Marble Blast Emerald, a fresh mod at that time, because I had so much fun in it. This is how this project was originated. During this period, most of the levels (like over 90%) were recorded in decent times, but at last the project was dropped due to two reasons: (1) The remaining unrecorded levels, including Challenge of Complexity, Weaver and Framework II, were too annoying to record. (2) School resumed and heavy workload got the better of me. It also happened that I took a 2 year break from MB since then.

The project was somehow resumed in the summer of 2013 when I spared some time away from demanding academic agenda to play some MB, marking my second return to the game. I went ahead and improved some of the times I achieved back in 2011 after seeing some new paths and tricks from other fellows. Sadly it still wasn’t completed with the same reasons as above.

Now, the summer of 2014, this project was resurrected the second time. This can be attributed to the fact that I acquired OBS which allows me to record MB lag-free, so I do not have to record using .rec and then FRAPS, which fails badly in fan-containing levels (including Stimulus, Weaver, etc), not to mention OBS is a lot more convenient to use. More importantly life is much less busy at this point so I have plenty of time to deal with the tedious levels. Long story short, over a period of 3 years, this project is finally finished.

Onto the video:

About 50% of the runs were done in 2011, 30% in 2013 and 20% in 2014. Needless to say many levels were improved from my 2011 records thanks to new paths and tweaks found by others, mostly from Alexis, Mosquashi and Dushine (credits to you guys), also a few by myself. I reckon there’s a number of WRs achieved in this video, but I’m not going to bother to figure out which is and which isn’t. :P

On a sad note, this video will be marking my 3rd break from Marble Blast. This is mainly because I have reached a new stage in life and workload would be unprecedentedly heavy, so I would have little to no time to play MB, let alone making videos. However, I would (hopefully) still check the forums website regularly and drop in on webchat to catch up with you guys. :)

Songs used in this video (in order):
1. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
2. Live It Up – Airbourne
3. In A World Like This – Backstreet Boys
4. Zero Hour Main Theme – C&C Generals and Zero Hour OST
5. New Divide – Linkin Park
6. Russian Privjet (remix) – F-777
7. When We Stand Together – Nickelback
8. Mission to Mars – DJ Delusional
9. Cry Thunder – DragonForce
10. Pacific Rim – Ramin Djawadi
11. Float On – Modest Mouse

Special thanks to:
-MBE staff for making an awesome mod (Best besides MBP imo, but seriously why those annoying levels)
-Matan for all the technical support
-Alexis, Mosquashi, Dushine and others for their amazing paths and tweaks
-The MB community for supporting me and my videos :)

In all seriousness, enjoy the video!

Detailed discussion of some of the toughest levels (Couldn't put this in the video description because of the word limit):

Stimulus: Pathway by Alexis. You can see I modified the path at certain parts because it’s easier to do. (so you should know how difficult it is) I have no idea how Alexis took this, but it took me more than 2 hours to achieve this run. I basically failed at every spot possible in the level, missed gem/TM, fell off where I shouldn’t, SJ not high enough, trapped by hazards, etc. Also the rails killed almost every run you get beyond the hazards. Nonetheless, I’m really happy with this result, though slightly higher than Alexis’, it’s above my average TM catch time.

Challenge of Complexity: Pathway mostly by me. This level is just as hard to speedrun as Stimulus, if not even harder. Besides making many tough jumps at the start, the EXTREMELY tight spaces in the green maze are a nightmare to go through. Luckily, after numerous attempts of practice here and there, I managed to get this run in an hour or so. It is worth noting that the finishing time pretty much depends on the MP sequence, which takes 4s each cycle. So you get like 1:00.xx, 1:04.xx, 1:08.xx, etc. I reckon getting one cycle earlier is possible, but would be 8569223 times tougher to do, also 1:00.xx is not exactly a good time, so I guess my time is good enough. :P

Weaver: This is probably the (RELATIVELY) least tough level that I’m talking about here. However, it still took me almost an hour to do because of several spots: the first bumper hit which has to be perfect, CP + TMs without hitting the bumpers, precise bumper jumps at the end. It is definitely possible to have the timer stopped after second TM until finish, but in this run I hesitated a bit in the CP + TM section so it ran out slightly. :( Still a good time though. Best catch at second TM is 1.4x.

Framework II: Path is completely mine. (or else it’s coincidental) Had it since 2011 but didn’t do it because of the length and toughness. Anyway, sort of recalled it but might be altered a little. It turns out to be very tough to pull out the sub using my path, and I had to optimize almost every trick. More than an hour’s work allowed me to get it barely.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

Last edit: 27 Sep 2014 14:26 by Imperial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dushine

• Thank you received: 18
27 Sep 2014 14:37 - 27 Sep 2014 15:12 #432
Yw for telling you about OBS ^^

*not sure if you found it from me but I mentioned it alot*

Edit: It's amazing. I just finished it.

And he waddled away, waddle waddle..
Last edit: 27 Sep 2014 15:12 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imperial

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
27 Sep 2014 14:46 - 27 Sep 2014 15:10 #433

TPorter wrote: Yw for telling you about OBS ^^

I'm sure he will miss you too.

Sad to see you go Mr. Red Stealer. You will be missed, and hopefully make another return next year. :P
Good luck in this new stage in life.

Onto the video: I'm curious how it turned out, will watch the rest now and edit after. :)

Edit:
Yeah, you were right, not what I expected. :P Doesn't make it less impressive, definitely a video made with care, alooot of patience :o, and, yeah, I did enjoy it.
Can't really comment on any specific level though. Never played them.

The phrase: "Way to go out with a bang." seems appropiate. ;)
Last edit: 27 Sep 2014 15:10 by Regislian.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
27 Sep 2014 14:57 #434
Meaningless to say this is very enlightening. Amazing paths and tweaks on all levels from A-Z. Sad to see you go.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
28 Sep 2014 00:57 #435

TPorter wrote: Yw for telling you about OBS ^^

Edit: It's amazing. I just finished it.

Sorry, but I found OBS from Matan. :P (back in September 2013) That's one reason why I said "technical support from Matan". Though glad that you are using it too, it is definitely a convenient software to use. I will sure be missing you in multiplayer. :(

Regislian wrote: Sad to see you go Mr. Red Stealer. You will be missed, and hopefully make another return next year. :P
Good luck in this new stage in life.

Yup, I will absolutely come back to play more MB in next summer when I have the time, so the worst scenario is you guys won't see me until then. However, once I get settled and have internet access, I would go and check on the forums and webchat whenever I could. :)

Regislian wrote: Yeah, you were right, not what I expected. :P Doesn't make it less impressive, definitely a video made with care, alooot of patience :o, and, yeah, I did enjoy it.
Can't really comment on any specific level though. Never played them.

Yeah, I sort of expected that from most viewers. :P Glad you enjoyed it though. I did have a lot of custom levels speedruns that I couldn't find the chance to upload them yet (in whatever format), probably will have to wait until next summer. :)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• Thank you received: 4
28 Sep 2014 06:27 #436
Your runs are totally awesome! I was captivated by every single trick in the video.
Hope to see you come back to playing Marble Blast soon :)

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
28 Sep 2014 14:14 #437
Imp :(

Very sad to see you go :c. Hope you come back soon! :(

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
28 Sep 2014 17:19 #438
Your perfection on those runs is unbelievable. My jaw dropped repeatedly while watching this video. So sad to see you go :( . But I'm glad you're coming back next year!

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
29 Sep 2014 23:00 - 30 Sep 2014 22:29 #439
Omfg wow. I gotta say you will not understand just how insane this video is unless you have played MBE and beat all the levels and tried to speed-run them. This is masterclass!
I even found a few songs I like and want to download asap!
Those bloopers were hilarious as hell, some were really funny fails haha, like falling off the edge ever so slowly, but hey we all get those :P
It is a good thing you are taking a break, because you would have to deal with me raging to you how you make such awesome videos :P (joke), but man seriously gonna miss you, just when we are both around and yet again one of us has to leave, but this video is definitely something that can make us last a while without your videos (though I will miss those greatly). We'll talk anyways so no worries ;)

Thank you for this monster of a video man!

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 22:29 by dushine.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
30 Sep 2014 00:28 #440
Those runs were amazing! This video is like a Marble Blast Emerald World Record Rampage! And nice job getting close to the "impossible" emerald time on How to Wall Hit!

• Thank you received: 25
30 Sep 2014 02:55 - 30 Sep 2014 02:55 #441
This video was absolutely mind blowing. You could have called this the MBE WWR and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

On another note, it's very sad to see you go again, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.
-RC
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 02:55 by RC.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
30 Sep 2014 14:10 - 30 Sep 2014 14:16 #442
Dushine, your post just made my day. B) B) B) Makes me go "Man I wish I could go back and play Marble Blast and make videos just to see such comments!".

And I wouldn't dare to call my video a World Record Rampage, but it was such a high praise that you guys think of it that way. :woohoo:

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 14:16 by Imperial.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
05 Sep 2015 06:44 #443
Meandering (1:05.54s)

It's been a while since I posted a video of myself playing, and together with the fact that people like dushine nagged me way too much to post paths on the leaderboards custom levels, so there you have it. :P

This is one of those old CLA levels which are fun to mess around and find a good path to speedrun. The layout of this level can be quite confusing, but once you got a path down the rest is pretty easy. Here I implemented some sweet tweaks that allowed me to crush the Platinum Time (3:30). However I am sure that there could still be tweaks to be found and sub-1 minute might be possible.

Enjoy!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hitgod

• Thank you received: 26
05 Sep 2015 14:06 #444
Amazing run! I was just looking for the path for this level yesterday.

"im betr dan wozie jsut wtahc mai widdyoze adn ull c im betr jsut wiat a fwe yreas" - Eguy 2018

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
05 Sep 2015 15:38 #445
Gotta agree, that was amazing. Xenox and I were actually discussing the path to this level a while back but we couldn't figure out how to get such a low time. Very clever path.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
09 Sep 2015 07:37 - 09 Sep 2015 07:39 #446
Cubic Zirconia (51.44s) - Marble Blast Leaderboards Custom #2

When this level first appeared on the leaderboards I couldn't resist to watch Matan's MBG The Movie for the one and only path on YouTube. With some optimization I managed to beat his time with a 1:09.50 which I was really happy with.

Later I found out J@ckrb had 54.49 and MOTB had 1:05.61 on the leaderboards and I was pretty shocked. I had no idea how they can get so low, but thankfully MOTB posted a video of his run and I realized he implemented a clever tweak at the beginning which I missed. I immediately tried the path and got sub-1 minute after some work, but still a few seconds off Jack's time. Then I suspected that I could land directly on the red platform after exiting from the tube, and proved myself correct. Executing the path instantly got me 54.29, barely beating Jack's time. After having found a more consistent method for the tweak as well as optimizing the run as a whole, I got this 51.44. Clearly the beginning is the spotlight of the whole run, but a definite and fast path on the gem collection areas is also crucial.

Enjoy!

P.S. Dushine can finally stop complaining on this. :P

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

Last edit: 09 Sep 2015 07:39 by Imperial.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Regislian

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
09 Sep 2015 14:07 #447
Good god, I just can't do anything near that level. Well done!
Haave you tried snagging the Super Speed at the end of the level next to the last gem? You might get sub 51 on that. :ohmy:

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
09 Sep 2015 14:36 - 11 Sep 2015 18:36 #448

RoziFP wrote: Good god, I just can't do anything near that level. Well done!
Haave you tried snagging the Super Speed at the end of the level next to the last gem? You might get sub 51 on that. :ohmy:

Notice how far apart the gem and super speed are. He bounces too high with the helicopter for that to be possible.

EDIT: Woops, forgot to say your run was awesome imp. I haven't played the level though myself, so can't really relate in the same way.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2015 18:36 by Frostfire.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
09 Sep 2015 15:51 #449
Wow, that opening was epic. I love how whenever you make a video with an awesome path, Imperial, you make me think "wow, why didn't I see that." One big round of applause for you :whistle:

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
09 Sep 2015 23:07 #450
Epic run! So this is how you got sub-1 minute. Also, why is there a big circular platform at the end there, and vertically after the green half pipe? It isn't there in my game.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.195 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.