file TW's Videos

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
31 Jul 2011 05:05 - 05 Jun 2014 19:24 #1
I'd hate to be a burden. So I'll refrain.

This post has been modified as of May 31, 2014 to erase the mistakes of 2011.

You may now scroll to the end of the thread to find the most recent Marble Blast videos. This is because I make Marble Blast videos now. I will post the playlists and things in this post once a sufficient number of videos has been uploaded.

Until then, have fun scrolling!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2014 19:24 by Joey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
31 Jul 2011 05:19 #2
I strongly suggest you don't use hypercam. Quality is OK but framerate is absolutely atrocious.

I recommend:
Fraps (I use this, nice framerate and quality)
Camtasia (A little complex but nice quality)
Camstudio (Nice quality + It's free!)

Hope to see some videos in the future!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Jul 2011 05:31 #3
Camstudio? I have it! I didn't think it was that good though... I'll try it again.

Soviet Prophecy - Sample 1

FINALLY! This is a preview of my upcoming project, Soviet Prophecy. This section of the song was made in the early days of production, so it may not be as great, but I still think it sounds decent. Enjoy! The next sample (which I'll be posting either tomorrow or the following day) will be an orchestral and calm portion of the song.

I intended for this song to be rock AND techno, but it seems it's heading more toward techno and orchestral (Orchestral only in the last portion of the song).

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

31 Jul 2011 06:00 #4
FRAPS is the best imo. Sure, it costs $50 or so, but it's worth it. Need any more info? Matan uses it.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
31 Jul 2011 07:15 #5
You can up the quality in CamStudio's preferences; by default, it isn't at the highest quality.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
31 Jul 2011 15:13 #6
You could also do what iMac used to do, use FRAPS (free trial) for short <30 sec videos and camstudio for longer videos.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
31 Jul 2011 15:49 #7
You should try some non-techno music. Like, more classical. It would be interesting to hear from you.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Jul 2011 19:51 #8
I'm actually starting to get into doing that. Soviet Prophecy includes an orchestral piece... However, keep in mind that it also has many different moods, so it's more of a mixed genre type of song. I'm still keeping the whole guitar theme to it, though.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 22:35 #9
Oh, and you need to make FL Studio tutorials.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Jul 2011 22:37 #10
Same problem: Hypercam. I'll give Camstudio a try... Some tutorials I used to watch used Camstudio, so I may be able to use it. Is it strong enough to be used on making MB vids, without lag?

• Thank you received: 18
31 Jul 2011 22:38 #11
Jul 31, 2011, 3:37pm, techwarrior wrote:Same problem: Hypercam. I'll give Camstudio a try... Some tutorials I used to watch used Camstudio, so I may be able to use it. Is it strong enough to be used on making MB vids, without lag?

Certainly not on a computer that can't handle Constructor. Yes, if your comp is good enough.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
02 Aug 2011 21:39 #12
Soviet Prophecy - Sample 2 - Orchestral

Here is an orchestral portion of the song. As you may know, this song is a very VERY mixed project. It's very different from all my other songs, because it has many different moods. Overall, I'm still keeping the whole guitar theme to it, but you can surely notice a difference in genre from this sample and the previous.

I'll be making a video very soon explaining furthur details, but for now, enjoy! This song should be out before school begins, hopefully, which for me is August 17.

This is in HD, so give it a listen!

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
02 Aug 2011 22:31 #13
Nice song so far!

Lets see if you have what it takes to be the next deadmau5...

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
03 Aug 2011 00:59 #14
You know, it would be cool if you could do some Marble Blast runs once you get hypercam working...

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
03 Aug 2011 01:03 #15
Aug 2, 2011, 5:59pm, amunra wrote:You know, it would be cool if you could do some Marble Blast runs once you get hypercam working...

The solution is simple, just don't use hypercam

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Aug 2011 01:13 #16
I really want to do some! It's my computer, though. The best solution is to get a new one and bring along all my MB-Related stuff. Currently I'm going through it and wiping out some stuff... I mean seriously, this computer is old! I've had it for atleast 2 years now... I can tell the power supply is about to burst, so I've got to think quick!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
03 Aug 2011 02:53 #17
Transfer from external hard drive. Bring all data to new computer. Done. It's a simple process that's worked for me lots of times.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Aug 2011 03:05 #18
Yes, Will, that's what I was doing. The problem is that I don't have another computer to put them on... I know my dad's got some old comps, but I don't think that they're worth it. I need a new, fresh, computer with MODERN TECHNOLOGY specs. I want the good stuff.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
03 Aug 2011 03:09 #19
If you're interested in laptops, look at the Dell Inspiron. It has great portable speakers so for music makers, so, well...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
03 Aug 2011 03:30 #20
God, do not buy a Dell Inspiron. Horrible price for a computer with horrid graphics. I bought one, and had to upgrade 2 years later.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Aug 2011 03:31 #21
Laptops are not the best for recording though, especially due to sound problems...

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
03 Aug 2011 03:32 #22
*uses a laptop for everything* I have had great quality audio and video for all of my recent videos.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Aug 2011 03:34 #23
Okay then, what do you have?

*Throws Inspiron out the Window*

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
03 Aug 2011 03:37 #24
Acer Aspire 7551G-6477. 4 GB RAM. 1 GB Dedicated Graphics Card.500GB HDD...

If you can afford it, you should really buy it, Tech. Great computer.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Aug 2011 03:52 #25
Whoa, my PC only has a 20GB HD. Well, the one I'm getting rid of, that is... That's how old and outdated it is. Currently I can't really afford any really-good computers... I'll have to figure something out though. There IS a working computer in my basement I can try out. I think it's got better specs, but still not really that great. Let me go look at it...

EDIT: Here are the specs of it:

37 - Rounds to 40 GB Hard drive (More space is essential, as this comp will be for all the Marble Blast stuff)

4 CPU 2.80Ghz Processor (Better than the old one, but not entirely great)

0.99/1 GB of RAM (Again, not great. But still good enough I'd say...)

However, there was also another computer down there I checked out...

Specs on it:

30 GB Hard Drive

4 CPU 3.06Ghz Processor

1 GB RAM

Now, which one could be better-suited? I'd go with the first one because it has more space... Hopefully I can get Constructor and some recording software working on it. I can only hope for the best!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
03 Aug 2011 04:19 #26
Why the amazing processors with the otherwise pretty crappy computers? O_O

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Aug 2011 04:23 #27
No clue... I, too, was surprised.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Aug 2011 04:36 #28
4 CPU as in quad-core or intel pentium 4 (thats how it sounds like). HD and RAM is bad. RAM needs to be 2gb minimum, and you want 160gb or more for HD, as any recording software will eat up a lot and fast.

Ian V: depends on the laptop. Not all are great.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Aug 2011 04:40 #29
Considering you managed to fill over 850 GB worth of that stuff... You may be right. Fortunately, there are some external HDs in my dad's storage. (Yes, he keeps a lot of computer-related equipment) About the RAM... Eh, I'll see if I can fit more into the computer. Bottom line - I may not have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new computer.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 Aug 2011 07:49 #30
Soviet Prophecy estimated release date is... TOMORROW! Evening tomorrow, EST Time, but you know how terrible I am at estimates.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.084 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.