• Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
04 Apr 2020 19:02 - 04 Apr 2020 19:02 #301
Version 1.2 | Marble Blast Gold -

[Date of Video Birth: 2017.7.3]

This was something I made three years ago. I thought of the idea of making harder versions of some of the levels in Marble Blast Gold, specifically the Advanced levels. I don't exactly know why I didn't post this video back then. Maybe I grew out of the idea around that time.

Recently, I figured that I upload this video to YouTube now not just to see if what you see peaks your interest, but also to provide something you can watch while waiting for my last big project on this channel, along with a few side projects I'll be posting within the next few weeks.

In the event that this level pack does interest you, the download link will be below:
www.mediafire.com/file/ctkmddn ...

Music: Sonic Fan Medley 2: Genesis Edition | GaMetal
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 19:02 by Blasted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
12 Apr 2020 19:00 #302
Abandoned Projects | Marble Blast -

I was looking through some folders containing videos from video compilations that died out. I found that I had so many videos from several cancelled projects that I decided to compile them to one huge video. The result is a video similar to Nockess' Abandoned Projects video, with the difference being these runs are actually valid. These runs were recorded between the summer of 2017 and early 2019.

Timestamps:

00:00 - Abandoned Projects | Marble Blast

00:05 - PlatinumQuest Expert Levels Rampage:
These runs were recorded shortly after PlatinumQuest's release. I wanted to do a compilation that contains all of the Expert levels from PlatinumQuest. However, interest in it fizzled over time, and some of the levels shown here got better times in Marble Blast Levels: 47. Most of these runs consist of Ultimate Times, and there are several mistakes, so these runs are obviously outdated. I included the bloopers for Fist Bump just to show you exactly how far I've gotten, even if it had to include bloopers. You'll have to excuse the 1360x768 resolution, as these runs were recorded in 2017, before I upgraded to 1920x1080.

13:58 - Rozi's Mini Mod Advanced Levels Rampage:
One month after the PQ Expert compilation died out, I decided to do a compilation on the Advanced levels from Rozi's Mini Mod. However, just like the PQ Expert video, this project was scrapped early on. These runs are also outdated, as they were recorded in the third quarter of 2017 which is why they are also in the 1360x768 resolution.

17:52 - Marble Blast Advanced Speedrun:
Unlike the previous two aforementioned compilations, this one was going to be a speedrun of some of the Marble Blast Advanced level across all difficulties, but I only did a few levels before the project was eventually scrapped. One of these runs is Snack Paths, which is already uploaded as a separate video on YouTube. Almost all of the runs shown here are world records, as far as I can tell. I'll know if that changes, though.

19:17 - Marble Blast Levels: Remastered:
This compilation was going to include improvements from past Marble Blast Levels videos, but I realized that a video like that would be redundant. After all, some of the runs from early MBL videos already showed improvements in later MBL videos. One of the runs that were made for that compilation was The Maze, which you can find in Marble Blast Levels: 49.

20:15 - Marble Blast Fubar Extra Levels: 3:
This project was cancelled for a few reasons. For one thing, I was trying to find the versions of the MBF extra levels that were on Aayrl's website. However, since that site is not accessible anymore, there is no possible way to download those levels. The levels I did record despite this were not enough for a reasonably lengthy compilation (at least 15 minutes is now the new reasonable length for my major projects). Two of those runs were Editor's Demise and Endless Pit, which each have separate videos already uploaded on YouTube.

Music:
Double Dragon 'The Secrets of Sosetsuken' [The Black Warriors] | Juan Medrano
Catus Carnival (Taokaka's Theme) | BlazBlue Calamity Trigger OST
Unbreakable Determination (Ninja Gaiden) | GaMetal
Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise | Super Smash Bros Brawl OST
Those Who Fight (Final Fantasy VII) | FamilyJules
Final Fantasy V 'The Path to Glory' [Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY V] | Juan Medrano

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
19 Apr 2020 19:00 - 19 Apr 2020 19:48 #303
Leaderboards Records | Marble Blast -

Last week, I took several videos from cancelled projects and compiled them to a huge video. This video is something similar. Most of these runs are .rrecs recorded from the leaderboards over the course of 3-4 years. The reasons for their existence are explained below, but the general idea of this video is I was looking through the amount of .rrecs from the recordings folder and there are so many that I recorded over the years that I decided to record them for a video. Later, I decided I wanted to make a few more .rrecs for this compilation. These .rrecs were made from late 2017 to early 2020, as stated before. Some of them are formerly world records.

Timestamps:

00:00 - Leaderboards Records | Marble Blast

00:05 - Marble Blast Gold:
These .recs were not recorded on the leaderboards - they were recorded in the original Marble Blast Gold. However, I decided to include them in this video because these .recs are runs that are close to the world records for the levels shown. They were attempts to get world records for World Record Rampages. When it comes to these rampages, you are working towards a similar goal to simply getting a world record on the leaderboards.

One of the records I got that isn't shown in this video is Fork in the Road 8.801, because it got desynchronized to 8.82.

02:15 - Marble Blast Platinum:
Three of these .rrecs were made in 2018, after Marble Blast Platinum World Record Rampage #3. These are basically improvements from previous rampages, not that rampage specifically. The other two .rrecs are some of the most recent, as new paths were found in those levels.

05:15 - PlatinumQuest:
The hunt levels are the reason why this video is very long, as they take longer to finish than the standard levels. Some of the runs shown here are former world records, though two of them were recorded in 2017, so obviously they haven't aged well.

There is one .rrec not shown here, and that is Vibrancy Grounds 178. I thought it wasn't good enough for this video.

05:18 - PlatinumQuest Tutorial
05:51 - PlatinumQuest Beginner
07:19 - PlatinumQuest Intermediate
22:58 - PlatinumQuest Advanced
27:01 - PlatinumQuest Expert

30:08 - Leaderboards Custom Levels:
All of the runs shown in this section are actually the most recent. This is because I felt it would be fair to record a few custom levels from the leaderboards for this video. A few of these are small improvements from previous videos I've done.

Music:
Dweller's Duelight [Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune] | OceansAndrew
White Skies (Club Mix) [Final Fantasy X] | bLiNd
The Savior of Dream Land [Kirby Super Star] | Juan Medrano
A Beakful of Beatdown [Tangledeep] | WillRock
Six Feet Beneath the Veldt [Final Fantasy VI] | Sagnewshreds, Mike Dreher, Tony Barhoum, Brian Westbrook
Solace, Within & Aethernium [Ys: The Oath in Felghana] | HeavenWraith
Last edit: 19 Apr 2020 19:48 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
21 Aug 2020 16:47 - 21 Aug 2020 16:57 #304
Which video do you want to see next? (More info in the poll below)

strawpoll.com/dkve85ksf

Poll closes on 2020.8.30 12:00 PM Pacific Time.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2020 16:57 by Blasted. Reason: New poll because I forgot to add the deadline.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
24 Aug 2020 01:00 #305
Short 'n' Sweet Course 2 (2.684) | Marble Blast Gold -

One half of this path is MBOUltimate's and the other half is technostick's. The tweak that I came up with at the start is a small one but goes a long way in getting a higher Time Travel catch. You can easily get below 2.500 with it. Nevertheless, this is a great path that makes the level infinitely more fun. It makes use of every Time Travel, something that other speedrunners neglect to use.

Music: Slammin' Lockers | Jun Senoue

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
24 Aug 2020 16:11 - 30 Aug 2020 20:07 #306
Which video do you want to see next? (More info in the poll below)

[Poll is now closed]

Poll closes on 2020.8.30 12:00 PM Pacific Time.

[Reposting so it doesn't get overshadowed.]
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 20:07 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 Aug 2020 20:07 - 30 Aug 2020 20:08 #307
The poll is now closed. Based on the results, Easter Eggs is going to be the next video. It will focus on eggs from Ultra, Platinum, PlatinumQuest, and Leaderboards Custom levels. That is probably 60 eggs in one video.

As for the two that didn't win, I think I want to do No Jumping: 8 first before doing Alternate Routes: 2. I just started progress on the former and I think I can get it done sooner than the latter. This is also because NJ8 will have about 35 runs while AR2 will have 45+ runs. I predict that all 3 videos will be about as long as my recent compilations.

These video may take a while to finish, as I'm busy with college and other things unrelated to Marble Blast. Thus, there is no release schedule for either of them.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 20:08 by Blasted.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
20 Oct 2020 18:20 - 05 Jun 2023 15:45 #308
Monster Speedway Qualifying (16.872), Ramp Matrix (17.675), Tri Twist (26.818) | MBG (Web Port) -

Here are the reasons why this video exists.

Last night, I and several others got exposed for constantly posting world record messages on this discord channel dedicated to the Marble Blast Gold Web Port that I will address shortly. Seeing as I'm the one who started this entire dilemma and indirectly encouraged others to post their records in the same fashion, I should be the one to blame for all this. I did it as an act of informativity and professionalism, but instead it came off as spam.

Originally, this video was going to have an audio commentary in the vain of IsraeliRD's videos, but after what I mentioned above, I had to cancel it. Besides, setting up my microphone is a chore, and there are too many pointers to put in a single 15 second run. Doing so would require hundreds of takes.

Not to mention, these times are technically invalid. They were achieved in a port that is new and has completely different physics compared to the original. And all the world record messages I made have been deleted. This means all of the hype that went to the sub 18 time on Ramp Matrix has been rendered completely meaningless, all because of me. Honestly, I'm expecting backlash from this video, as I'm the direct cause of all of this.

Link to web port: marbleblast.vaniverse.io/
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 15:45 by RandomityGuy. Reason: vani.ga -> vaniverse.io

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
14 Nov 2020 21:00 - 05 Jun 2023 15:45 #309
Marble Blast Gold Web Port | Custom Levels -

After putting in many more hours into the web port of Marble Blast Gold, I thought it would be a good time to make another video of it. This time around, the custom levels are the main focus. The port has nearly 1900 of these levels. 35 of them are shown here. Some of these runs demonstrate what the port's unique physics can accomplish. Originally, this compilation was going to include regular levels as well, but after the world record rampage was announced, I decided save my records for that rampage and have this video be custom levels only.

Music:
Big Bad Bosses - Angel (feat. Sainte Séïa) 【Intense Symphonic Metal Cover】| FalKKonE
Mega Man X - Spark Mandrill (remix) | Stone McKnuckle
Eggman's Facility [Rhythm and Balance Remix] | Tomoya Ohtani
2 Nights 2 Remember | Crush 40

Play this port using this link: marbleblast.vaniverse.io/
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 15:45 by RandomityGuy. Reason: vani.ga -> vaniverse.io

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 Nov 2020 01:30 #310
Jump jump jump (2.346) | Marble Blast Gold -

This is an all new path for Jump jump jump, which uses the top Time Travel from the 5 in the row. At first, I thought it wasn't possible to achieve a higher time with that Time Travel. But after a while, using the 1 jump start, I was proven wrong. The edge-hit is moderately tough to pull off if you're going for a high catch, but it isn't too bad otherwise. I wasn't going to upload the path, but Xelna already beat this time, so I might as well leave this here for everyone else to try.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
03 Jan 2021 20:45 #311
Nutracoaster (12.114) and To the Finish! (1.849) | PlatinumQuest -

There's not much to say about these runs. Building up speed in Nutracoaster can be a little tough, due to the start. What I did in To the Finish! is basically Regislian's path with a wall-hit at the start. It makes the path harder than it already is.

Music: Asteroid Coaster - Act 1 | Sonic Colors [OST]

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
09 Jan 2021 21:00 #312
Easter Eggs | Marble Blast -

This video has been in the works for a few months now. Before that, I set up a poll about which videos people would like to see first, and the eggs video won the poll. The reason why it took months to finish was because I wanted to wait for the egg rampage to come out before finishing the last few eggs I wanted to do. As you'd suspect, I went for custom levels first, since they haven't been focused on since the rampage was announced. I also went for a few nest eggs from PlatinumQuest, since no rampage was announced for those yet. I saved Ultra and Platinum eggs for last after the rampage came out. The final video consists of 60 eggs across Ultra, Platinum, PlatinumQuest, and leaderboards custom levels. All of them are world records as of this time. Note that this video was being worked on long before Packs 60-69 came out. So nest eggs from those levels aren't shown.

For each recording, I trimmed the last few seconds, cut the last 30 frames of the trimmed video clip, and set the speed for those 30 frames to 25%, which seemingly translates to 400% slowdown in Sony Vegas (I use Premiere Pro, which uses similar options).

Music:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Special Remix - Under Ground Zone | Tee Lopes and Jun Senoue
Fuel Me | Sons of Angels
Galaga Medley [New Remix] - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Soundtrack
Tech Lab (original) | Stone McKnuckle
Mega Man X - Prologue Stage [teckworks cover] | teckworks

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
20 Mar 2021 20:00 #313
No Jumping: 8 | Marble Blast -

This video has been in development since the summer of 2020, but I haven't made any significant progress on it until early 2021, after I finished the Easter Eggs video. Unlike the previous videos of this series, this one features exclusively custom levels from the leaderboards. It was originally going to have 35 levels, but that number was increased to 40 after Packs 60-69 came out. It may also be the last video I'll do in this series, as No Jumping videos seem to be dying and aren't a real interest anymore.

36 of the 40 levels were recorded directly, while the rest have .rrecs. Those other levels are PQ levels.

Music:
Creeping Darkness | Magia Record Original Soundtrack 1
Turok 2: River of Souls - Metal Cover | Matthew Beckham
Light Of The Day | Crush 40
Getaway | SHIKIMO & DOOMROAR
Pegboard Nerds & Tristam - Razor Sharp | METAL REMIX | Vincent Moretto
Serious Monkey Business: 2-09 Trapped in the Minds (Kannon's Klaim) [DKC2 / OC ReMix] | Geoffrey Taucer, José the Bronx Rican, Hale-Bopp
Song Of Hope | Crush 40
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
30 Oct 2021 20:05 #314
Blasted's Leaderboards Records Rush | Marble Blast -

Throughout late 2020 to September of 2021, I've been getting a lot of world records. Some stood longer than others, some are still standing, and others have been broken. In fact, a handful of the records you see in this video have been broken. Those records currently stand in the top 3. Anything below that rank aren't shown in the video.

This video is a compilation of world records, both current and former, that I have achieved over the past year. These include 45 normal runs and 10 easter egg runs. Will I get more world records? Probably. But there won't be another video like this. Anyhow, sit back and enjoy these runs I've been preserving for longer than I should have.

Music:
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 'It's Morphin Time!' [Area 2] by WillRock
Contra 'Snow Field' [Ice Fortress (Tsundora)] by tefnek
Broken Thunder "CODE-RVR-03G" -Sword Breaker- (remix) | Stone McKnuckle
Pokémon Red Version 'Battle for the Badge' [Battle (VS Gym Leader)] by Fishy
人形裁判 ~ 人の形弄びし少女 (Doll Judgment ~ The girl who played with people's shapes) | Demetori
LEAF XCEED Music Division - First Day High: School Is Magic (Website Releases II)

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
20 Nov 2021 19:00 #315
Alternate Routes: 2 | Marble Blast -

After 2 years since the first video, I'm proud to present to you all the second and final installment of the Alternate Routes series. This video covers alternate routes from 50 custom levels from the leaderboards. Once again, there are no jumpless runs, as there is already a series dedicated to those. The routes in this video range from not getting time travels to using a specific path, though it isn't limited to that.

While this video won second place in the poll I did a while back, I saved it for last because I knew that it would be the longest one of the three from that poll. It was originally going to have 45 levels, but with the advent of the PQ custom levels, that number increased. While most of the levels were recorded during actual gameplay, as per usual, a few of them were recorded in post, meaning those have .rrecs.

Watch all the way to the end, as this is quite a long one. Enjoy.

Music:
Command & Conquer - Act on Instinct Remix | SIDNIFY
Summer Serenade | Henrik J
Jet Force Gemini OC ReMix by Deedubs: "Big Bug Funk" [Funky Disco, Ichor Military Base]
One Of Those Days | Crush 40
Bitstream ReMix by DDRKirby(ISQ): "Ebb and Flow" [Advanced Flow]
Super Smash Bros. Melee 'Together, We Fly' [Fire Emblem] by Nabeel Ansari
Legend of Mana - The Darkness Nova (remix) | Stone McKnuckle
Undertale - Spider Dance (remix) | Stone McKnuckle
Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption) - GaMetal Remix
Goe Goe Spark [Musical Castle 2] (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon) - GaMetal Remix

• Thank you received: 0
10 Dec 2021 16:15 - 14 Dec 2021 17:32 #316
Guys, I have watched your videous! Great job!! :)
Last edit: 14 Dec 2021 17:32 by floydedna.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
26 Feb 2022 21:00 - 26 Feb 2022 21:12 #317
Marble Blast Levels: 50 -

[SERIES FINALE]

This is a project four years in the making. Ever since 2018/2019, I was planning to put an end to my longest running series on this channel, Marble Blast Levels. The series has been going on since 2012, and the production of each installment changed over time, going from taking a week or so for each video to come out to taking months to finish just one entry. From Windows Movie Maker to Adobe Premiere, from FRAPS to OBS, across three computers. This series has garnered the most attention out of every other series on my channel.

And now, it has come to an end.

Marble Blast Levels: 50 serves as not only the finale to the biggest series on this channel, but also the final big project on this channel. It includes 65 levels; 35 Gold, 20 Platinum, and 10 PlatinumQuest. All of which are custom levels handpicked by me offline. The order of each run was originally going to be based on quality and the amount of tricks, but the final order is based on how many runs could fit in each musical track, all of which are in the credits of this video. Some of these runs were recorded long before the new PQ updates were released, hence why you see leading zeroes in the gem counter in levels like Rampix and Gravity Aim. Side note: There are a few visual caveats in a few places, but thankfully it is for 2% of the video. I'm proud with how the video turned out aside from that.

Thank you all so much for watching my content over the years. I have a few post-finale content planned after this which I'll explain in the next community post, but they won't be nearly as big as this one. The time has now come for me to move on from this series and put it to a conclusive end.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2022 21:12 by Blasted. Reason: Series finale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.175 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.