file iMacmatician's videos

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
14 Oct 2010 09:03 #361
Yeah I always mix those 2 up for some reason. I dunno why, but something with these 2 just makes them too similar to each other that I just get them mixed up. Funny enough this doesn't happen with anyone else.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
14 Oct 2010 12:14 #362
I'm sorry you had to hear that, Yuri.

Epic video; traplaunches were always my weak point, but you made it look so easy.

• Thank you received: 15
14 Oct 2010 16:36 #363
Oct 14, 2010, 2:03am, admin wrote:Yeah I always mix those 2 up for some reason. I dunno why, but something with these 2 just makes them too similar to each other that I just get them mixed up. Funny enough this doesn't happen with anyone else.

Don't insult Yuri like that!

14 Oct 2010 20:43 #364
That was my joke, except delivered more poorly.

• iMacmatician
  • iMacmatician's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 14
14 Oct 2010 23:42 #365
Oct 14, 2010, 5:14am, asuul714 wrote:I'm sorry you had to hear that, Yuri.

asdasdfasf wtf.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
19 Oct 2010 23:55 #366
[No Gems] Space Station (9.54)

You cannot beat me anymore you say, powerjohn25?

Notes: I knew of the edge hit tweak back when I did my No Gems compilation, but I judged it too hard for me to spend the time doing. I estimated at the time that an edge hit run would get a 9.5 best case, although now I gently tweaked the run before the edge hit which shaves off a bit of time.
Trivia: Like with Sand Storm, I matched powerjohn25's time before beating it.
Possible improvement: 0.1

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 18
20 Oct 2010 00:00 #367
Powerjohn get owned!

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
20 Oct 2010 00:02 #368
Awesome path!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Oct 2010 00:59 #369
Good edge hit and LOL link to his video I wanna see it

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

20 Oct 2010 01:13 #370
Awesome!

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
20 Oct 2010 01:17 #371
Oct 19, 2010, 5:59pm, admin wrote:Good edge hit and LOL link to his video I wanna see it

Even better: his Ce-Tower video:
The biggest LOL about this one is that Mosquashi posted a video beating him back literally an hour or two later.

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
20 Oct 2010 01:45 #372
Pwned! Nice iMac!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Oct 2010 02:04 #373
bwhahha I love how everyone just beats the crap out of him and he can't beat them again =D

• Thank you received: 52
20 Oct 2010 06:11 #374
ownedjohn25 kthx

• Thank you received: 0
20 Oct 2010 07:53 #375
Nice edge-hit! Now powerjohn can't beat you again

• Thank you received: 64
21 Oct 2010 00:55 #376
Damn, this stupid dude keeps getting owned, let's see what he has to say about this raw shit. Nice job iMac, you're awesome.

21 Oct 2010 01:09 #377
Yeah, I'm sure he's sorry about beating Mosquashi.

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
01 Nov 2010 23:44 #378
[No Gems] Siege (5.28)

This is the one path I was able to pull off that I didn't include in my No Gems compilation (I found the path April/May 2009), since for some reason I can't do it on any computer besides my own. This path requires a special low bump up from the launcher to get the Time Travels in that low time.

I found that while it wasn't too hard to get 5.3x, but 5.2x was quite hard to get.

Recorded using QuickTime Player X.

Personal record: 5.24
Possible improvement: 0.10

Oct 20, 2010, 5:55pm, xnanux1 wrote:Damn, this stupid dude keeps getting owned, let's see what he has to say about this raw shit. Nice job iMac, you're awesome.So powerjohn got a WR on Pipe Dreams so maybe we shouldn't have been so dismissive…

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Nov 2010 00:02 #379
Nice video and I also showed Pascal (pipe dreams) and he agreed with me the start/ending was crap, so he'll go for better.

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
02 Nov 2010 00:13 #380
Nov 1, 2010, 5:02pm, admin wrote:Nice video and I also showed Pascal (pipe dreams) and he agreed with me the start/ending was crap, so he'll go for better. Yeah I also noticed the ending could be improved.

Also, is Pascal going to record Leap of Faith or should I do it?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Nov 2010 01:15 #381
Ask him

02 Nov 2010 02:24 #382
Great run!

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
02 Nov 2010 03:14 #383
Great job on the low shot, it must be hard to get.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
02 Nov 2010 03:23 #384
Nice low shot, looks easy but it is pretty hard, and you pulled it off smoothly.
Good luck to Pascal on beating powerjohn on his WR.

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
25 Nov 2010 22:57 #385
Take a Stroll... (4.26)

The TM catch might surprise you more than the final time.

Notes:
The part from the 1st TM to the 2nd TM isn't the optimal path, there's another one that involves the marble getting much less height. I got that a few times but every time it was too fast for me to get the marble in the right place. 4.31 was my previous PR with a 3.22 (or so) catch (and a slower path to the 2nd TM) so I think 4.0 or even 3.9 should be possible (but beyond my skills). I was only able to catch the 1st TM at 3.0x using the fastest path to the 2nd TM (with a lower 1st TM catch, the movement of the marble is slightly different so I don't think the fastest path is possible).
I was shocked at the 1st TM catch (tied for best catch I ever got) so I screwed up the 1st gem catch. But I got the 2nd gem as well as I should.

Possible improvement: 0.15

26 Nov 2010 00:18 #386
Awesome TM catch and great run!

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
26 Nov 2010 01:05 #387
Amazing start and great job at the WR!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

• Thank you received: 18
26 Nov 2010 07:10 #388
Amazing!

• iMacmatician
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
02 Dec 2010 06:30 #389
Marble Blast Levels 11

I played way too much Marble Blast over Thanksgiving break… I guess it was due to excitement from finally getting MBP on my Mac.

I focused a lot on the Advanced/Expert levels, some of these runs are of levels I haven't been able to do before (or at least not in any reasonable time).

And no, I haven't changed my marble skin again, I'm using this one on my Mac because Mac versions of Marble Blast require an alpha level (transparency) on the marble skin. As a bit of trivia, this was the original skin I used when I first got MBP (back in ≈October 2008), but I stopped using it in favor of Rainbow marble when I found out that I couldn't .rec with custom skins (now I simply switch skin files).

Training Towers (5.84): I couldn't Speed Boost over the gap for the life of me until I realized that in my old 5.93 of this level I didn't jump right before getting the Jump Boost. Whatever that did, it allowed me to Speed Boost over the gap. The result you see here… (plus a start pad trick)
Possible improvement: 0.02

Mini Mountain (5.48): It seemed like this was the fastest way for me to do the level until after I recorded this and I tried it the TM way (no wall-hit, I get the TM first, then the first gem) and got 5.49. Hmmm…
Possible improvement: ?

Ramps (18.13): Used the wall-hit tweak for a lower time. Used collision boundaries for the 6th gem.
Possible improvement: 0.2 (I still think I can do the first 3 gems faster)

Technoropes (11.13): The use of a wall-hit and a trim rebound on the level for this time.
Possible improvement: 0.2

Winding Steps (17.22): Took me over 3 hours (don't know the exact time), thanks to continual screwups. The main tweak in this run is the edge-hit, which saves 0.75-1 second. Also after the first wall-hit, I land on a different step, which is fast but easier for me (than the far step). Note that on this run, the landing was screwed, I can do 0.5 second faster on a better landing. I use my delayed extreme fast start + a delay in the delay, that increases my chances of getting up to the landing step by a lot. After a number of misses after the TM catch, I used a different path to the finish that is much faster, so the time for sure doesn't run out on me.
Possible improvement: 0.5 (best catch 16.76)

Bumpy Highway (14.98): I was quite surprised at the lack of run-up distance I used to cross the big gap. Usually I take at least 0.5 more square for the run-up or I don't make it over (due to small misalignment in my marble trajectory).

Platform Race (1:30.96): On the two platform race levels I wasn't about to try any funny business. The traps and path were hard enough already.
Possible improvement: 3

Lightning Ice (7.19): Used a start pad trick to get to the TM in this low time. (I can get 3.36.) The weird wall hit thing on the ice was tricky at first but I got the hang of it. Ended up not that hard.

NëonTech (10.11): My path with added tweaks and refinements. Can go sub-10 but that would be very hard for me.
Possible improvement: 0.25 (end helicopter could be better)

Platform Race 2 (1:10.44): Isn't it cool how the marble goes in that gap in the tower after the traplaunch?
Possible improvement: 3 (this was my first finish hence the caution after getting the helicopter. I tried again for 1:07 but messed up one too many times (especially on the Jump Boost…didn't quite make it all the way up several times) for me to keep trying)

Ice Cold Pass (2.92): Sub-3. Realized that rolling a bit on the trim instead of jumping on it saves time.
Possible improvement: 0.05?

Michael's Adventure: MBP (1.76): New path after the Jump Boost, it's so much easier than the regular path to the 9 second TM.
Possible improvement: 0.06 (best catch 1.70)

Strategy Climb (23.87): The level I wasn't able to do before.
Possible improvement: 0.25

Michael's Final Adventure (4.68): Really optimized form of my path (for example, note that I spend some time after catching the Jump Boost just to slow down, which means I can get the Jump Boost quicker while still staying on the level (although I botched it a bit on this one…slowed down too soon)). The last tweak was a jump on the light blue circle after activating the Jump Boost, gets me to the TM quicker and with better spin, so I can stay on the level afterwards.
Possible improvement: 0.06

Dizzying Heights (22.41): Pissed me off a lot because the double nuke hit usually wouldn't get me all the way up.
Possible improvement: 0.5

Bouncing Fun (58.02): My earliest times on this level (2 years ago) were on the order of 11-20 minutes. I've come a long way since then. On this run, I caught all the TMs that I was planning to catch.
Possible improvement: A few seconds from general speed improvements, and more from any other TMs I somehow manage to catch

Uphill Racing (24.70): Further optimized my path to save 6 seconds over my previous video. I had 26.66, but today I re-did the run and saved 2 more seconds. I really like the position of the landing after the wall-hit after the TM that stopped the clock at 9.37.
Possible improvement: 1.0 (there are some wall-hits that could be done visibly better)

Trapdoor Mania (14.26): I wasn't too good at this level but I tried it when I got MBP for Mac and somehow got all the way to the finish with 1 (I think) OOB. So I decided to record it and got 25.xx, then 15.xx, then 14.26.
Possible improvement: 0.25

I used QuickTime Player to record the videos. Worked surprisingly well.

Songs:
Katy Perry - Firework
Symphony X - Set the World on Fire
Freedomwings - Black Holes (Tunnel of Time)

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
02 Dec 2010 12:12 #390
Amazing job on all the levels! I personally like the new routes you've come up with.

EDIT: 2000 posts woot!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.169 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.