• Puppydog415
  • Puppydog415's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 14
16 Nov 2021 22:22 #1
I Want To Add Multiplayer And A Chatroom To My mod Marble Blast Therefore

Can Someone Teach Me How

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
17 Nov 2021 19:52 - 17 Nov 2021 20:02 #2
The only people to successfully add either of those things to a mod are in the Platinum Team, and I don't think they have the time to explain it all. They can probably also guarantee you that they don't remember, not even as a group, everything they had to do. Adding multiplayer (or maybe a chatroom) to a mod is very involved, so the vast majority of people don't consider it worth attempting. If you can't implement, say, a marble selector from scratch, you have quite a lot to learn before you'd be able to understand half of a tutorial for making a chatroom.

I think a much better alternative to making a fancy mod is making a level pack for PlatinumQuest. That way you can use lots more features, even multiplayer, and you still (at least in singleplayer) have the ability to add many new features to levels. I found getting features to work in multiplayer daunting, so I haven't made more than a few simple experiments for that.

The Platinum Team has made PQ's code public, which helps a lot with adding features to custom levels:
github.com/PlatinumTeam/PlatinumQuest

It would be a good idea not to make multiple topics for the same question; it's kinda spammy.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2021 20:02 by Weather. Reason: Ran the first paragraph into the ground a little harder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeremiah1997

• Puppydog415
  • Banned
  • Banned
17 Nov 2021 22:00 #3
I Already Installed PQs Code and It Seems Like Its A lot I Want To Add Gamemode Gem Hunt And What .cs Files I Add Them Too

• petalflurry
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • dm hot egg pics
  • Thank you received: 10
17 Nov 2021 22:21 #4
cannon.cs

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

"cheater hakcer i want your flair gikemve me it" - MASON35, 2020

• Puppydog415
  • Banned
  • Banned
17 Nov 2021 22:31 #5
Can I Just Use MBG HaxPackage In My Mod It Still Says mulitplayer/main.cs Executed In The Console But Still Doesnt Show The GUI And Scripts In The Game
Can Someone Teach Me How To Get That To Work And The .cs Files I Can But The Code In For It To Work Help Will Be Aprecaited

• petalflurry
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • dm hot egg pics
  • Thank you received: 10
17 Nov 2021 22:34 #6
have you considered deleting system32

"cheater hakcer i want your flair gikemve me it" - MASON35, 2020

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
18 Nov 2021 01:33 #7
I have no idea how to do what you're trying to do, aside from looking at the code to figure out what is needed. Keep in mind we aren't making the mod.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.862 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.