Official Marble Blast Fubar BETA Feedback Forum

Please post any questions / comments / bug reports regarding Marble Blast Fubar. Posts are moderated and will not be publicly displayed unless reviewed by Aayrl.

Please title your thread accordingly:

For bug reports: [BUG] Topic Title
For suggestions/feedback: [COMMENT] Topic Title

Please click here to read the latest release notes.

file [BUG] Treasure Halter

• Weather
  • Weather's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
15 Mar 2016 20:29 #1
Above level 20, got 50 tokens, and can't claim the Treasure Hunter task. Is it looking for how many available tokens there are for skills?

By the way, I would suggest making it clear how to do things like finish an exploration mission.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 368
15 Mar 2016 23:38 #2
I'm not sure if I fully implemented Treasure Hunter, it should be implemented, though it may still be looking at the number of available tokens rather than total tokens collected. I'll look into this.

There will be more clear instructions regarding exploration missions in a future build.

~Aayrl

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
15 Mar 2016 23:41 #3
This is not a bug. This is intentional (that's my guess).
Since in the future more levels will be added and along with them may come tokens, the complete number of tokens one has to get isn't actually finished yet.

Once the game has it's final release with its final levels, you'll be able to get that task finished.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Weather
  • Weather's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
19 Mar 2016 20:27 #4
I think I've figured it out.

Say you have two people, each has their own account, but use the same computer. If one finds a token, they will get the benefits of it (such as getting closer to claiming Treasure Hunter), but the other does not, and now can't gain the benefits from that token because it's already been found on that copy of the game.

If this is because tokens found are listed in prefs.cs (I haven't checked), couldn't you delete the file to not only fix the bug temporarily, but also gain infinite tokens?

20 Mar 2016 12:18 #5
No, I think Rozi has it correct. The task checks against database values, so it's completely independent of client-side behavior. I looked at the code this morning and the task itself was never completed. I'll be updating this in a future build.

~Aayrl

• Thank you received: 0
23 Mar 2016 17:36 #6
Interestingly, I was able to claim the Treasure Hunter task just fine.

12 Sep 2016 02:22 #7
I took a look at this one again.

The "Treasure Seeker" and "Treasure Hunter" tasks are fully implemented, and have been since Build 30000.

Sounds like the issue may have been you had extra tokens in your prefs.cs file from other accounts (or offline play), and you were comparing your Statistics tab (which is based on prefs, not the server) to verify whether or not you should be able to complete the task, when in reality, the server had your account logged with less tokens than what was required to claim the task reward.

I adjusted some client side and server side code to make the token count work properly. I've added a field to the "Statistics - Overview" panel which will show you the total number of tokens collected according to the server to make it easier to track your progress towards this line of achievements.

I'll revamp the Completion statistics at some point down the road to pull data from the server rather than the local client prefs. I'll post again if and when this gets revamped.

~Aayrl

Moderators: AayrlDoomblah
Time to create page: 0.964 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.