file Scenery

• Oaky
  • Oaky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
20 Aug 2007 12:05 #1
Hey all.

I reckon that too many of the levels have scenery (ie. posts and arches). I love the open feel of the few levels that have them (Busy Bee and Gravity Knot) and reckon that around 30 - 40% of levels should be 'open'. When I make Par Pit, I will make it open. I reckon the same should be done for MA:MBP, Nuke Field, Bumpy Highway - the list could go on forever. So basically what I am saying is that not all levels need poles and arches. We don;t want players to feel closed in. I like them, but not at all when they are in almost every single level.

Thanks!

Oakster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Aug 2007 12:10 #2
Phil's lvls are staying as current (that's already 20%), the rest can be done as ppl want. Scenery makes it look better in most levels, though, but some dont need as much as the rest.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 18
20 Aug 2007 13:52 #3
I think we should put scenery in most levels because scenery (poles and arches) have become MBP's look. They are one of the major things that separates MBP from MBG - an entirely different look in levels that have scenery. I am in favor of not having quite as much scenery, as it can give a closed look (points to 1st quarked version of Sprint). I usually have poles/towers once every 512 or 640 units in QuArK.

• Oaky
  • Oaky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
21 Aug 2007 12:11 #4
I agree completely about Sprint.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.