If you're announcing a release, please start your topic with [COMING SOON] or [RELEASE]

file [DEMO] Filtration, the sequel to Quaternion

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
03 Nov 2020 20:25 - 03 Nov 2020 20:27 #1
Yeah, I'm making a sequel to Quaternion.

Filtration is a new marble game project I've been working on for a while. It has similar gameplay to Quaternion (maybe with more of a collectathon bent this time around), but rather than a Marble Blast mod, it's a standalone game made with Unity 2019.

Before you ask, no, there will be no Feature Fridays this time. The dev blog linked above will take the place of those, though I might also stream very occasionally.

You can download the demo here for Windows; if you're on Mac or Linux, you should try WINE for now. You'll need at least a semi-decent PC to run the game; I'm not sure what the exact cutoff for playability is, though, so definitely post here or message me with your specs and performance results.

Last edit: 03 Nov 2020 20:27 by whirligig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanilagy, NF, Steven, Weather, Connie, Yoshicraft224, Go'way, c0wmanglr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 405
04 Nov 2020 00:55 #2
Okay that picture looks AMAZING! Given how high quality Quaternion was, I can only imagine how incredible this next game will be—can't wait to see it!

Question about WINE: As you know, there don't happen to be any Windows computers in my house. Is WINE 32-bit, i.e. can it not run on any version of macOS later than 10.14? Or would HiGuy be so kind as to make a Mac version like he did for Quaternion? I think (although I'm probably wrong) that that version did use WINE, but it was nice to be able to run it just like a normal Mac application. (Although it did break with macOS 10.12 but that's fine because I have a 2014 Mac mini running 10.10 anyway the point is that I'm super excited for this game and hope I'll be able to play it!)

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
04 Nov 2020 01:43 #3
You should be able to get the demo to run on macOS using WINE, even on later versions. The issue with MB is that MBG itself is 32-bit, whereas the Filtration demo is 64-bit, so it's just a matter of translating the system calls.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
04 Nov 2020 02:21 #4
Please don't tell me it uses TGE, please don't tell me it yaaaEEEEE
floor sponsored by squarespace

I played the whole demo (it only took me an hour but I think 1,200 is a good score) and was not disappointed. The puzzles are great and I quite like the direction you're taking the art.
As for performance, my computer (integrated graphics, i7-4770 CPU) has a really hard time with the graphics, but I got up to 30 FPS by halving the resolution and using the lowest quality, so . . . it's playable for me, I guess. Even then, there is a noticeable delay in the marble's response to input.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.830 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.