file Marble Blast Advanced [RELEASED]

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
21 May 2012 23:08 #151
I apologize for the double post (and my possible lack of patience), but I have yet to get a response from PF, or from anyone for that matter at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
22 May 2012 00:57 #152
Can you describe more in-depth, the process that you used to install MBA?
Also, a console.log would be helpful. Look in <home folder>/Library/MarbleBlast/ If you're running OS X Lion, open finder and use the Go menu and hold option to get to Library.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 May 2012 01:08 #153
Well I don't have Lion (I use Snow Leopard) so I'm afraid I can't get a log. But basically all I did was follow the instructions given to me in the readme.txt that came with the MBA download:

Quote:1. Copy and past your MarbleBlast Gold.app
2. Call the copy MarbleBlast Advanced.
3. Do a right click on it and find Show Package Contents.
4. A new window will open, take the marble and common folder you downloaded and place it in the package content. You'll have to replace them.
5. Now open MBA and
enjoy it!

When I opened up the newly modified application a blank, white window would pop up then it would quit unexpectedly a few seconds after.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
22 May 2012 03:21 #154
MBA doesn't support the OEM version of the game which it appears you are using. You'll have to acquire a copy of the GarageGames 1.6u version of the game. Then, use that to install MB Advanced with. Check your inbox.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
22 May 2012 04:11 #155
Alright, I'll see what I can do, thank you.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
02 Jun 2012 18:46 #156
Alright, I've been playing MBA for a while now. I have to say this is a really nicely designed mod. I love the graphics, they're simple but very stylish. The music is great as well, very fitting for the setting of this mod.

I only have a couple of qualms though. The main one is that a lot of the levels look the same, I found myself doing generic tower climbs for a majority of the advanced levels. I honestly think the beginner and intermediate levels are a lot more enjoyable, not because they're easier, but because they look more unique (I gotta admit Slopes was simple, but really, really cool).

The other qualm I had wasn't so much a qualm, but just something I would have liked to see. This is based off of when I checked out that custom level made for testing out .dts shapes. For one, the space skybox was breathtaking. I would have loved to see it incorporated in some of the non-custom levels (say, the final level of each group for example). Another thing I noticed were the hexagon platforms, those would have made the levels a lot more stylish than they already were.

But other than those, this was just a cool and unique mod. Very nice job.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.