file Marble Blast Advanced [RELEASED]

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Sep 2010 12:29 #61
FIX FOR RIGHT CLICK for those who have MBA and need right click.

Dump the files in marble/client

www.mediafire.com/?czfoqfv4fymv39v

Also note:

ctrl r = restart level (no need to press ESC -> RESTART)

ctrl q = $testcheats=1; (no need to input that in console)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
19 Sep 2010 16:34 #62
I have beaten MBA few days ago and it is amazing. MBA totally lives up to it's name because it IS for advance players. I have beaten every level without LE and even though it took me a while it was totally awesome . MBA is almost like MBG 2 because it is a puzzle game that makes you think, yet it is not MBG because of the cool textures, skyboxes, levels, and the general idea. It is a great game and is really fun. Thanks to it's creators!

• Thank you received: 0
19 Sep 2010 19:02 #63
I LOVE MARBLE BLAST ADVANCE!!!:D

19 Sep 2010 21:41 #64
Sept 18, 2010, 3:44pm, xmisterhardx wrote:Read the readme.txt, to the bottom there is my MSN adress. If you have MSN i'll be glad to help you.
Thanks, but I recently installed windows 7 with boot camp, tried it, and didn't like it that much. The graphics are AWESOME but the levels are quite difficult. So I don't care.

Good job to all the people who made this mod!

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
20 Sep 2010 13:56 #65
Sept 19, 2010, 9:34am, georgef wrote:MBA totally lives up to it's name because it IS for advance players. I have beaten every level without LE and even though it took me a while it was totally awesome . MBA is almost like MBG 2 because it is a puzzle game that makes you think, yet it is not MBG because of the cool textures, skyboxes, levels, and the general idea. It is a great game and is really fun. Thanks to it's creators!
Wait... So your saying MBA is VERY HARD? I'm downloading it right now and I know I'm just gonna stick to making levels for it.. :S
Btw, nice job defeating the game without LE! I didn't on MBP either but didn't finish the game.. Well, comments are coming soon.

EDIT: GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MBA zip IS CORRUPTED! I downloaded the mediafire version and
I can't download the 2shared file because of the same STUPID message:
User downloading session limit is reached. Please try again in few minutes.
I wasn't downloading anything!

• Thank you received: 368
20 Sep 2010 20:01 #66
At least your memory sticks aren't baked.

Are you sure the file is corrupt? You may just be unable to open .zip files on your system without the correct program. I believe PortableApps has a free downloadable program from their .zip archive section.

~Aayrl

• Thank you received: 52
21 Sep 2010 05:41 #67
Question : Why does MBA keep the same ESC menu colors than MBG and such?..

• Thank you received: 96
21 Sep 2010 05:55 #68
Sept 20, 2010, 10:41pm, xelna wrote:Question : Why does MBA keep the same ESC menu colors than MBG and such?..

If you read the first post they say that they're lazy

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
21 Sep 2010 12:42 #69
Sept 20, 2010, 1:01pm, aayrl wrote:At least your memory sticks aren't baked.

Are you sure the file is corrupt? You may just be unable to open .zip files on your system without the correct program. I believe PortableApps has a free downloadable program from their .zip archive section.

~Aayrl
NVM! The download wasn't complete and somehow stopped, that's why.. :/

22 Sep 2010 22:06 #70
CF, if you had just given me a few more days, I could have finished up a bunch of codes. The sh... well, I won't say it here.

Anyway, nice job getting it out!

I could still finish up those codes. We could release a PATCH OF AWESOME, with the sh... you know.

OK, also, after displaying the GG splash screen, the game goes completely black. Nothing at all, dispite clicking and pressing ESC. I can see and use the mouse, but I need to ctrl-alt-delete to get out. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit. Compatibility Mode, maybe?

• Thank you received: 3
22 Sep 2010 22:30 #71
It seems to work, but as soon as I try to open a level, it loads, then suddenly closes out. I copied every file listed on both ignition and non-ignition. Any help?

• Thank you received: 10
23 Sep 2010 01:01 #72
still can't DL'd, I think it may be my internet.....

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Sep 2010 03:50 #73
Sept 22, 2010, 3:06pm, shadowmarble wrote:CF, if you had just given me a few more days, I could have finished up a bunch of codes.

You were given well over a month, where were you exactly?
Also, you still haven't done the last request I PM'd you about.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

23 Sep 2010 07:00 #74
Sept 22, 2010, 6:01pm, helpme wrote:still can't DL'd, I think it may be my internet.....

Wait, it is DLing!!!!

YES!!!!

EDIT: It will not make it past the splash screens, after the Marble Blast Advanced splash screen it goes black and nothing happens....

ona mac....

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
23 Sep 2010 16:33 #75
Did you add the ignition files (ignitiongui.gui.dso and ignitionstatusgui.gui.dso) to marble/client/ui of the app?

23 Sep 2010 19:03 #76
Ah Ha. Would have helped if that was in the instructions....

Thanks PF

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
23 Sep 2010 22:39 #77
if i were to make custom levels for this game, would i post them under custom levels? (i know dumb question)

• Thank you received: 18
23 Sep 2010 23:11 #78
Yes. You'd make a thread called Greg's levels and post all of your levels there for now and the future - MBP, MBA, whatever.

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
24 Sep 2010 12:31 #79
My (late) review by RandomMarble38:

I love the levels, textures, shapes, skies, and hell more! They were so detailed, awesome, and especially, CREATIVE!!!

The GUI was awesome and nice, but the GUI can be still be further edited like the result time GUI.
You could have also put some information in the help GUI asides from changing the icons of the hazards, bonus items, etc.

The friction was cool, but I wanted more creativity in it like put more frictions like MBP did..

The challenges were too... hard.. I gotta admit, I sometimes hate super hard challenges in the UNUSUAL difficulty like 8 star is in level 3 of beginner which should be put in intermediate, and the next level to it was a little easier than the other level..
All I can is that it's for experienced marblers like SonicW1, Andrew and especially, Xelna because it's called Marble Blast Advanced..

My rating would be 8/10! Nice job MBA staff!

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Sep 2010 01:00 #80
nice job, creative, but my favorite part is the levels (they 're kinda easy) game rating 9.7/10 and my favorite texture is ice1, and may i ask if the levels were made in milkshape or blender, tourque, or QuArK (just outta curiosity!)

25 Sep 2010 12:08 #81
Levels were made in Constructor and QuArK.

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
25 Sep 2010 13:18 #82
Sept 25, 2010, 5:08am, pablovasquez wrote:Levels were made in Constructor and QuArK.
QuArK!!!??? HOW?? I tried making a level with QuArK for MBA but the size of the textures were too big and I ended up screwing up my polys.....

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Sep 2010 13:52 #83
hmm.. i thought they were dts, oh well. How do you even make a level with invisible platforms in QuArK or torque? Gah! so confused !

25 Sep 2010 14:41 #84
Sept 25, 2010, 6:18am, randommarble38 wrote:
Sept 25, 2010, 5:08am, pablovasquez wrote:Levels were made in Constructor and QuArK.
QuArK!!!??? HOW?? I tried making a level with QuArK for MBA but the size of the textures were too big and I ended up screwing up my polys.....

You just scale down the textures. A 2x2 checker texture is 512x512 pixels, so you'd scale it to 0.125 0.125 for normal grid sizing.

@greg: You can't make truly invisible platforms as part of a map, although it seems that some of MBA's difs have a glitch that makes things invisible from the bottom. The invisible wall, colmesh.dts, is typically added in the level editor.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
25 Sep 2010 16:00 #85
Too big of levels or some poly errors causes it in map2dif to screw up-- you can go through the interiors if you know where the glitch is.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Sep 2010 17:27 #86
and i went in the le in beginner level 5 i believe, where u first see the invisible platform, and there wasnt any colmesh, thats my question!

25 Sep 2010 22:57 #87
It doesn't say colmesh, it says TSStatic......

26 Sep 2010 13:17 #88
The TSStatic is just the type of object that a colmesh is. Notice where it's mapped to? marble/data/shapes/colmesh.dts

26 Sep 2010 15:55 #89
Are you planning anything new on the staff board (Like a patch), or this will be the first and the last release?

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
26 Sep 2010 16:14 #90
well i didn't see tstatic, lemme see again.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.044 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.