file [WEEKLY] Week 18: Ions and Prefs

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
07 Oct 2015 06:02 #1
I really need to be better about posting these on time.

This week's primary goal is Ion Packs and Cells: in particular, now that I have collectible Ion Packs, the next step is to make the game actually remember which ones you've already collected. I'll also add the smaller Ion Cells if I have time.

This week's secondary goal is Getting Through That Backlog of Streams to Put on YouTube.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 406
07 Oct 2015 13:47 #2
What exactly are ion cells?

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
07 Oct 2015 17:35 #3

NatureFreak wrote: What exactly are ion cells?

Ion packs and cells are collectables in Quaternion.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
08 Oct 2015 00:09 #4
Oh cool! What do ion packs do if you collect them? Do they unlock other levels or anything?

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
09 Oct 2015 20:23 #5
Ion packs and cells will essentially be akin to the stars in Mario 64 or the orbs in Spyro 2. You collect them to unlock new levels and easier ways to reach old levels. Note that they won't be of crucial importance until later in the game -- that is to say, you won't need very many of them to progress past early levels.

In short, there are two things that determine whether you can play a level. The first is whether you have completed the prerequisite levels, and the second is whether you have enough Ion Packs. The Ion Pack thresholds won't become the limiting factor until most of the levels have already been unlocked via prerequisites.

I might also add some sort of bonuses (powerups, perhaps, but more likely cosmetic upgrades) that can be unlocked via obtaining Ion Packs, to give players incentive to gain further Ion Packs after having enough to complete the final stage of the game. And of course you know there will be bonuses for 100% completion.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
10 Oct 2015 02:18 #6
Stream is tomorrow at 3 PM Eastern! Note the different time from usual, as it's earlier in the afternoon this week.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.