• IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 913
27 Aug 2018 16:25 #1
The...

Click Here to Learn More!

The next-generation roller,Marble It Up!, is launching on Nintendo Switch™ in September 2018! A spiritual successor to theMarble Madness andMarble Blast series,Marble It Up! is a high-speed puzzle platformer that harnesses the subtle thrill of racing the clock and embraces the pure joy of rolling. Players use power-ups to slow time, launch into the air, and glide to the finish line as quickly as possible while exploring gloriously colorful and brilliant worlds filled with secret collectibles, unlockable marbles and more!

Marble It Up! is a collaboration between true independent studios. Launched by Bad Habit Productions and developed by The Engine Company, Alvios, Arcturus Interactive, and Shapes and Lines, theMarble It Up! team brings a deep and fresh breadth of game development experience to the Nintendo Switch™. Notable past titles led by members of this team includeStarsiege: Tribes,Tribes II,Marble Blast Gold,Marble Blast Ultra, the Torque Game Engine,Social City,QuiVr, andDisney City Girl, to name a few.

More of the story can be found at GameSpot and marbleitup.com

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Phil, Jkk39, Three, AGEdude, MBOUltimate, hPerks, obee58, Topitoomay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
27 Aug 2018 16:37 #2
Hype!

This one is gonna be good.

• Thank you received: 67
27 Aug 2018 17:25 - 27 Aug 2018 17:26 #3
Dude I'm so happy. I remember playing the original Marble Blast back in like 2005 when I was 6. This was like a dream lol, can't believe its really happening! And we only have to wait a month for it! I can't wait to play it for myself.
Thanks so much everyone involved! :D
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 17:26 by Jkk39.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 161
27 Aug 2018 18:06 - 27 Aug 2018 18:10 #4
When I see this on the list of the team members:

Alex Swanson
Art Director/Level Designer

Matan Weissman
Tuner/Gameplay Tester

it makes me feel good to know that a leader of a successful Marble Blast Mod and one of the original level developers of Marble Blast are working on what will be a fabulous marble game that stands out from all the other knockoffs.

EDIT: Do any of you realize that this is what Nardo actually meant? I mean, it seems like it's so!
marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/say-hello/9867-so-yeah#143618

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 18:10 by Jiquor.

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
27 Aug 2018 21:04 #5
Sounds great! I can't wait until it comes out!
But unfortunately, I don't own a Switch; I own a PS4.
Will this new game be on other platforms too (including the PS4), or is it going to be a Switch-exclusive?

• Thank you received: 75
28 Aug 2018 00:18 #6
Indeed, this is what I meant :-).

• Thank you received: 75
28 Aug 2018 00:19 #7
And yes, we plan to release Marble It Up! on multiple platforms. We've been very focused on getting the Switch version done so we can launch the game proper, but I expect other versions will follow relatively quickly behind that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil, Ralph, Josep_Nollette, Tue27, obee58, Topitoomay, Weather, CylinderKnot, Devean, kevinator65, CursedRed

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
29 Aug 2018 15:56 #8
Glad to hear that it'll be on other platforms. But, at least on the Switch, will it be physical or digital?
The GameSpot article says the game has 40 levels. Will the levels be long enough, or is the game going to be short?

• Thank you received: 0
29 Aug 2018 18:00 #9
Awesome! They need to bringing it to PC via Steam! :cheer:

• Thank you received: 156
30 Aug 2018 03:04 #10
I think what excites me most about this game is that it really looks like the most logical graphical evolution the game could make while still keeping to the original art style. It's more modern, but still maintains it's arcade-y aesthetic.

Loving the new Time Travel mechanic where they slow down time instead of stopping it completely. They retain their value without completely wrecking levels for speedrunning. At last, no more great levels reduced to a fast TT catch!

I do really hope you keep in tact what made Marble Blast so special in a swarm of mediocre ball-rolling games - namely, the tight physics and the customization. Custom level support please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: obee58

• Thank you received: 1
01 Sep 2018 02:17 #11
Please release it on Steam too !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Topitoomay

• Thank you received: 1
01 Sep 2018 07:21 #12
I'm very happy and very excited about this. Matan, I would really like to know how we can all go about supporting this game. I mean, I will definitely buy it, but as for promoting it and/or purchasing merchandise, what can I do?

Also, will Nintendo be promoting this in under its Nindies brand? You'd think for such a strong game launching first for Switch it would be a no-brainer.

06 Sep 2018 20:48 #13
Agreed!

19 Sep 2018 03:44 #14
can't wait for this game to come up. I really love the graphics in this game, looks amazing.

28 Sep 2018 00:50 #15
Will it be available on PQ soon?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
28 Sep 2018 01:48 #16
No. Marble It Up is a premium (paid) game made by a different team using a different game engine.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky, Devean

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.