file PlatinumQuest: Trailer #2

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Feb 2016 20:48 #1

Five years and eight months ago the Platinum Team has showcased the first trailer for PlatinumQuest. Plenty of hype occurred since and future spotlights were released, but that was the last we have seen for almost three and a half years.

Today the Platinum Team is proud to present to all Marble Blasters around the world the next trailer for PlatinumQuest. It showcases plenty of new levels, and how far we have come since we last presented to the public. With over 120 levels and still going, PlatinumQuest is the biggest mod since Platinum, and with much more work to do, we have little doubt that this number will keep rising.

PlatinumQuest will arrive inside Marble Blast Platinum, as 2.00, and will revolutionise the way the game is played. With many new game modes and features, it is set to be the most exciting Marble Blast mod ever released.

We want to thank the many staff members, past and present, for their tireless work on the mod, as well as the community for supporting us throughout the years.

More about PlatinumQuest will be unveiled in the upcoming months, so stay tuned!
Credits to Uil for making this trailer!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Three, Ralph, Nockess, Weather, Rock, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
20 Feb 2016 20:53 #2
Oh my goodness, it looks even more incredible than I could've ever imagined!

Oil slicks doesn't belong to a runway

• Thank you received: 406
20 Feb 2016 20:56 #3
That does look stellar. Great job to the Platinum team!

• Thank you received: 67
20 Feb 2016 21:08 #4
Yay! It brought nothing but smiles to my face. MBP is back! It looks fantastic, fun, professional, and looks like a blast. Now excuse me while I watch it over and over and over...

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
21 Feb 2016 01:14 #5
Marker Felt? I'm disappointed.

Seriously though, this is AMAZING. The post isn't getting nearly enough thank yous.

• Thank you received: 15
21 Feb 2016 02:09 - 21 Feb 2016 02:12 #6
I found this trailer earlier tonight when browsing through my YouTube subscription feed. My jaw almost hit the floor at how gorgeous PQ looks. :O Every level looks absolutely stunning. It's certainly a landmark day in the history of this community.

Seeing this trailer filled me with much nostalgia for the days when I was more active in the MB community, so I wanted to pop back in briefly to say this: Ever since I left the Platinum team a few years ago, you guys have really outdone yourselves. I am so proud of everything you have accomplished and I am glad that PQ is still alive after all this time. I may even re-download Marble Blast sometime in the future just so I can give PQ a try when its released. :)
Last edit: 21 Feb 2016 02:12 by Andrew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD, Three, Xedron, TheSphere

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
21 Feb 2016 02:23 #7
Good. Really good. This should be something I'll enjoy time and time again.

• Thank you received: 156
21 Feb 2016 05:25 - 21 Feb 2016 05:26 #8
Personally, I didn't feel any nostalgia. Instead, I felt a rush of excitement and wonder, for the updated appearance of this game is absolutely awe-inspiring!

In particular, the water blocks and the momentum-conserving teleporters really caught my attention. I can imagine that the placing of water blocks is the optimal way for indicating a low-gravity trigger.

Also, that was the most Buzzmusic song I've ever heard, and I love it.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2016 05:26 by Marson.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
21 Feb 2016 16:24 #9
My, my, how time flies. It seems like just last week we would sit around all day making pq jokes like PQ WHERe and ridiculing it's (non) existence. Wow.

See you in 2017 PQ! And very well done trailer!

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Thank you received: 406
21 Feb 2016 16:30 #10
Oh wait, that was just last week. I for one am looking forward to the end of PQ WHERe.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
21 Feb 2016 21:49 - 21 Feb 2016 21:57 #11
Well... wow. The work the Platinum Team made to achieve this, is just massive.
When I saw the trailer the first time, I went *BRUH* for a few seconds, then I shared the video on Facebook to show how awesome PQ will be.
The game looks extremely stunning, graphically beautiful, and fun! I'd really love to play this masterpiece. Quoting what Andrew said, you're about to make history.
And I mean, HISTORY!

Now for some review about the trailer. And God knows I'm not good at that, but I'll try my best to be credible.

I'm starting with the gameplay.
What? There's no jingle? Oh, okay, I forgot I wasn't in a TV show... *ahem*

The gameplay looks smooth and the levels are jewels. I wish I could make excellent levels like you. All those curves, those jumps, those detailed parts, I like those little details...

About the features, I saw the teleporters will save the marble's momentum! Well that's a good thing, that will prevent some runs to be killed as the marble stops when teleported!
I saw 2D gameplay as well! That's an interesting idea, that will definitely open unlimited possibilities for level builders. But I just hope the players who are used to play in 3D won't be disoriented while playing a 2D level, especially if the level has an automatically-scrolling camera.
Otherwise, I loved the new shapes and models. They are well made and futuristic. I kinda like the texturing too, either on the levels or on the scenery.
And I also liked the water blocks, I bet you got the idea from Super Mario 3D World, don't you?

About the scenery, you can easily imagine that I will mention the skyboxes.
Uh, for me, they are killing the scenery game, because they're too awesome. And here's where I see a little drawback : since this style of skyboxes will probably be used in 99% of all the levels in PQ (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure I am), that will include a potential risk that Terragen-made skyboxes will quickly get outdated. It would be unfortunate if that risk happens, isn't it?

Finally, rotating interiors caught my attention.
They blown up my mind. The marble doesn't get stuck inside the interior, that's a feat! Starting by this principle, I want to find out if obstacles such as turntables, windmills will exist. If so, that'd be enormous.

To quickly conclude, PQ looks to have many many fun and beautiful things to offer to the players, thus I'm looking forward to all this awesomeness.

And I'm done! I hope you weren't about to sleep while reading this long text ;)

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Last edit: 21 Feb 2016 21:57 by Ralph. Reason: Just some little modifications, that's nothing... :)

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
22 Feb 2016 03:36 #12
Wow. I am absolutely amazed. The amount of dedication and creativity you guys have put into PQ so far is unbelievable and I see a very bright future for this mod!
So far from this trailer I can see that there is Multiplayer, Singleplayer, Race mode (I'm not sure about this one, but it seems like it at 0:12) and 2-D mode.

So now for the review.

The design is outstanding. In fact, I don't think I will need to put that much in here. The level designers have done a great job with every detail even to the little things like signs, scenery, pieces of wood sticking out, etc etc.

Onto the gameplay. Levels look nice and fun to play, and from the looks of it the gameplay also looks smooth. I love the new features to make the mod feel unique. On top of all that, you even added rotating objects :ohmy: this was one of the biggest things that astonished me looking at the trailer.

Love the new features! They look great, fit with the level gameplays and I'm excited to see how they turn out in the full version. Those cannons are my favorite feature so far.
I also saw beat blocks. Kinda reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know if that's where you got your inspiration, but it looks super cool either way.
There's also water. From the looks of it, water will have less gravity/no gravity to the marble to ascend and descend to places. Seems interesting!

As for what Ralph said below. I don't really have a problem with the skyboxes and how they match with the scenery. Even with how many skyboxes there are, they match with the scenery well. And yes I knew you were going to mention skyboxes :P

One thing probably nobody has talked about yet is textures. I love how the textures feel similar in style to the scenery! Even considering there decently simple design.

To conclude, I am deeply impressed with everything this trailer has to offer. I am also VERY excited to see the release of this mod and see what 2017 has for us! :woohoo:

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
22 Feb 2016 22:18 - 22 Feb 2016 22:25 #13
New gem design is super amazing looking. The features obviously are awesome as well. The multiplayer levels (I hope they are, at least) look really fun, you never really know til you've played them but I liked Nadir, Marbleland and Maximo so I assume the new ones will be great as well. The single coolest decoration in marble blast ive ever seen is that smashed TM at 0:50, given that that is what it is.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 22:25 by Frostfire.

• Thank you received: 17
23 Feb 2016 23:02 #14
Brilliant. I don't know what to say. The levels seem to have a lot of work put into them, and they have a lot of new gameplay mechanics, it seems. Highly looking forward to this.

• Technostar
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • I Factorial
  • Thank you received: 40
23 Feb 2016 23:29 #15
Ralph, rotating platforms already are possible in MBP since the implementation of path nodes (See the CGL's last part for an example). You have to create a copy of the textures you want to use on the rotating platform, name them something different, and edit the level's code to make them like the bouncy floor.

Also, the quality of the levels is superb, with the scenery being so much better than the pillars of MBP.

System.out.println("Hello");

• Regen
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Get real!
  • Thank you received: 7
25 Feb 2016 18:54 #16
After all this time, PQ has changed quite a lot.

• Thank you received: 3
28 Feb 2016 10:40 #17
Wow guys you are really awesome. You have made MB a whole new game. Can't wait for it.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
08 Mar 2016 14:00 #18

Technostar wrote: Ralph, rotating platforms already are possible in MBP since the implementation of path nodes (See the CGL's last part for an example). You have to create a copy of the textures you want to use on the rotating platform, name them something different, and edit the level's code to make them like the bouncy floor.

Also, the quality of the levels is superb, with the scenery being so much better than the pillars of MBP.

That's okay with windmills, but- *wrong answer buzzer*
This principle doesn't work with turntables, since, when rotating, they will not affect the marble's spin, even if the turntable is made out of sand/water/rug/carpet. I know that because I tested it in a custom level.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.956 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.