file PlatinumQuest Demo is Released!

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Aug 2016 18:58 #1

The Platinum Team is pleased to announce the release of the long-awaited PlatinumQuest Demo, just 2.5 months shy of the 7th year anniversary of PlatinumQuest's inception.

This demo contains 15 Single Player levels that range from the Tutorial to Expert difficulties, and plenty of features to boot along with a brand new User Interface. PlatinumQuest aims to be easier and more fun than Marble Blast Platinum while maintaining a higher quality of level design and new scenery.

The Platinum Team would like to extend our thanks to our Beta Testers, Kurt, hPerks, Nihahhat and J@ckrb. They helped us find issues, test requested items and give extremely through feedback on every possible aspect of the PlatinumQuest Demo.

This Demo is available as a compressed ZIP download which you can install and launch anywhere on your computer. It does not require Marble Blast Platinum or Marble Blast Gold installed on your computer in order to function. While it has no Multiplayer compatibilities, we are collecting data such as selected marble skins, in-game resolution and times and scores achieved on levels. As privacy is important to us, we have no way to identify who is each user unless explicitly told by that user.

You can download the PlatinumQuest Demo by clicking on these links: Windows, and Mac.

You can help us out by filling out the feedback form for the PlatinumQuest Demo on the forums right here!

Known Issues:
- When starting a level for the first time, there is slight lag due to loading of all the objects.
- Ice Shards do not emit particles, as currently we experience extreme lag with them. This should be fixed for the full version.
- On rare occurrences, entering the cannon will show you a white screen. Quitting and entering the game will "fix" this (it can return in the next sessions), but we're having issues replicating it consistently.
- Jumping on top of triangle bumpers may launch you sideways instead of straight up. This is likely a shape issue we have no control over right now.
- Gravity Modifiers like to not have any sound playing when touched. We have absolutely no idea why.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buzzmusic, Robert, Weather, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
13 Aug 2016 19:17 #2
Keys F and V are non-remappable. I use those keys to move forward and backward. Do you mind changing them please?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
13 Aug 2016 19:20 - 13 Aug 2016 19:20 #3
Head into your config.cs and remove the line for co-op view. That'll allow you to use your V key, and in the same file you can just set "moveForward" to F.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
Last edit: 13 Aug 2016 19:20 by Three.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blasted

• Nathan125
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
13 Aug 2016 19:42 #4
I might do a lets play series on the demo.

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Aug 2016 20:11 #5
For anyone else having problems like El_Robert did with the texturing on the floor and environment mapping, please change your Graphics Quality in Options menu to MEDIUM or LOW. You can, in addition, open your console and add: $pref::environmentMaps=0;

That problem is due to a missing OpenGL extension that certain integrated GPUs might not have,

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

• Thank you received: 0
14 Aug 2016 21:11 #6
This sounds really good! Can't wait to start playing it for the first time! Good work devs! :P

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
15 Aug 2016 10:05 #7
Thanks to all the people who made videos about PQ demo, I now know what awaits me.

But, without any harsh criticism, the only evident drawback I see in this PQ is... the quality of the voices!
Matan, I think your microphone was tired when you recorded the pU voices, so it's better you record them again, and maybe with some conviction.

Overall, well... the gameplay looks purely awesome, and the levels too. And the musics are truly masterpieces. So soothing and catchy.

To be honest, I didn't tested it myself, but I hope I can play it in the future. :)

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Evokrypt

• Thank you received: 69
17 Aug 2016 23:37 #8
Yes, I second Ralph's comment on the voices - "Time Travel" sounds like it's really nothing to get excited about and as though Matan is half asleep too. And generally, they all need to sound more "convincing."

But overall, really enjoyed playing all of the levels and having a go at getting some better times on the Tutorial ones. Really creative level design, and I anticipate that the new features in PQ will offer much more scope for creating even more fun custom levels.

Also really like the music, as said in my post in the feedback thread, I can always contribute another piece if needed, but it's best not to count on it as I am generally quite busy.

Ethan :)

SoundCloud page here:

• Thank you received: 10
18 Aug 2016 05:58 #9
I'll just wait until the full release :whistle: :whistle:

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
18 Aug 2016 17:27 #10
I have a suggestion.... I don't know if this is all that good or not, (and no, it's not have everything turn into MBU :P) but... Maybe release level packs every week or something until you release them all in 2017? Like, maybe 5 or 10. Maybe 15? That way, you can release content regularly without having to (hopefully) stress over getting everything out too fast. From what I saw, you have plenty of new levels done for PQ, so (hopefully) it wouldn't be too much of a hassle ;) Unless those were just the icons, and the levels themselves aren't actually there, yet. But still, my idea stands :P

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
18 Aug 2016 19:22 - 18 Aug 2016 19:29 #11

Yoshicraft224 wrote: I have a suggestion.... I don't know if this is all that good or not, (and no, it's not have everything turn into MBU :P) but... Maybe release level packs every week or something until you release them all in 2017? Like, maybe 5 or 10. Maybe 15? That way, you can release content regularly without having to (hopefully) stress over getting everything out too fast. From what I saw, you have plenty of new levels done for PQ, so (hopefully) it wouldn't be too much of a hassle ;) Unless those were just the icons, and the levels themselves aren't actually there, yet. But still, my idea stands :P

That would ruin the fun in my opinion. If the staff releases all the levels beforehand, the release wouldn't be anything special, which would be sad considering the 7 years of work on this. Anyways, the release is only a few months away, so I would say just be patient with it. And if you're wondering about how PQ is going, nearly all of the levels are finished and there's some coding left to do, so nothing too lengthy. :)

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
Last edit: 18 Aug 2016 19:29 by Xedron. Reason: apparently theres more coding than I thought
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt

• Thank you received: 3
19 Aug 2016 10:48 #12
For an unknown reason, the game can't read all the 512x512 textures and when I play any level it displays me random textures like edge_white2.

• Thank you received: 406
19 Aug 2016 12:47 #13
Try changing your graphics quality to Low to Medium.

19 Aug 2016 23:04 #14
Thanks man it worked, now I can enjoy PQ at 100%. :cheer:

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
20 Aug 2016 22:47 #15
Hi. I'm using Linux, but I can't run the PQ Demo on Wine.
Additionally I'm having trouble installing Java on Wine so I can play MBP on my ThinkCentre without resorting to my MBP which overheats when playing MBP or PQ.
Thanks.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
21 Aug 2016 03:01 #16
Yeah we've noticed some issues running MBP and PQ on Wine on Linux. I think wineserver tries to debug the program and trips the anti-debug in one of the plugins. The overheating on Macs can be solved by enabling Vsync, because otherwise the game will try to run at as high a framerate as possible (cooking itself in the process). Just note that if the window is in the background it will probably jump to 100% CPU usage due to OSX's "optimizations." The PQ Demo doesn't require Java to run, and you can manually install MBP using the files available on this page: files.marbleblast.com/oldmbp.html Just extract all the zips into the same directory and it should be the same as installing.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 401
21 Aug 2016 06:03 - 21 Aug 2016 06:04 #17

Josep_Nollette wrote: Hi. I'm using Linux, but I can't run the PQ Demo on Wine.
Additionally I'm having trouble installing Java on Wine so I can play MBP on my ThinkCentre without resorting to my MBP which overheats when playing MBP or PQ.
Thanks.

What version of Wine are you using? (run "wine --version")

I have Wine 1.9.16 and I'm able to play the demo just fine by running "wine marbleblast.exe".

Also, can you paste the terminal output to pastebin.com?

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy
Last edit: 21 Aug 2016 06:04 by Derpky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
23 Aug 2016 15:11 #18
Damn, so much has happened during my time away. All these videos to watch, levels to play, and the release of the PlatinumQuest Demo. I have no idea where to start.
Couldn't give enough thanks to the Platinum Team for all the work they've put in. Super excited to get started soon.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

28 Aug 2016 04:54 #19
Wow I haven't been on here for a long time.

Shrek Is Love, Shrek Is Life. Btw I make crappy levels.

• Thank you received: 1
13 Apr 2017 19:32 #20
it very fun
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.035 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.