file Resignation

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 913
21 Oct 2016 20:04 #1

We all knew this was going to happen one day. Today is the day.

I am resigning from my posts as Administrator and Community Leader of this website. I want to further pursue my goals in life and need to spend more time towards them. However this is not a goodbye by any means. I will continue to work on PlatinumQuest and the various World Record Rampages, as well as other things, but will no longer take an active role in the decisions of this website.

I would like to welcome HiGuy as the main Administrator of this website. He has been with us for almost a decade and has played major role in the release of Marble Blast Emerald and lesser roles in other minor mods. His best work is inarguably for developing Marble Blast Platinum 1.50 and above, and doing the main work for PlatinumQuest (2017). He has also taken a very active role in this community and partakes in many activities that occur.

On a last note, I did ask HiGuy to leave me to be able to post news here so that I may still annoy everyone when necessary.

Until next time,
Matan

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, snowbody, RC, J@ckRB, AlexTheProMacGamer, Blasted, Jkk39, Ralph, Jiquor, MBOUltimate, MBCollector672, hPerks, Nockess, Steven, Weather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • There's a patch of sunlight in my room.
  • Thank you received: 788
21 Oct 2016 21:43 #2
I never though this moment would see the light of day anytime soon.
How am I supposed to not make it like I'm saying goodbye?

For everyone who is a part of this wonderful community, it will be more than strange to see those 6 little green dots in your mini profile instead of the 6 little red dots. You've made a fantastic change to the community ever since you first took the role of community leader, and everyone has a very high level of respect for you because of this.
Hopefully your further pursuits in life come to you with a positive outcome. We all wish you the best of luck.

A wonderful congratulations to HiGuy for taking the role of our new community leader. The dedication you've shown to everything you've taken part of here proves that you could not have done anything more to deserve this role. I look forward to seeing you as the new alpha male. (Is Jeff the alpha female?)

Call me Chris!

Discord: nockess
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/53
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• Nathan125
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
21 Oct 2016 23:55 #3
NO Matan PLZ don't go mate there is still so much more you can do. I think. I hope one day we could do a goodbye vid together since I have played Marble Blast since I believe its beginnings.

• Thank you received: 411
22 Oct 2016 00:12 #4
Oh, we all know that HiGuy is just a figurehead—Kurt is the real alpha around here.
Jokes aside, Rozi basically said it all for me. Hopefully Matan will still be around a bit to play multiplayer and kick Kalle. HiGuy, despite college you seem to be quite active here and still developing wonderfully. Keep it up! You deserve the role of community leader after everything that you have done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hPerks, Weather

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
22 Oct 2016 00:22 #5
Can't thank you enough for keeping this community alive. Nothing else to say, just a massive thank you.

Matan wrote: I am resigning from my posts as Administrator and Community Leader of this website.

Isn't lead developer status equivalent to Administrator?

Rozi wrote: it will be more than strange to see those 6 little green dots in your mini profile instead of the 6 little red dots.

Couldn't have put it any better. :​P

Nathan125 wrote: NO Matan PLZ don't go mate

He's not going, just giving HiGuy the shiny red dots:

However this is not a goodbye by any means.

By the way, this is unrelated, but I'm just curious to know what kind of bird Tsuf is. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
22 Oct 2016 00:52 #6

Weather wrote:

Matan wrote: I am resigning from my posts as Administrator and Community Leader of this website.

Isn't lead developer status equivalent to Administrator?

As a lead developer myself, can confirm nope.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
22 Oct 2016 01:29 - 22 Oct 2016 01:30 #7
We love you Matan <3

Rozi wrote: (Is Jeff the alpha female?)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

To answer your question Rozi, no, I am not. I barely do anything anymore and have no motivation to continue anything in this community.

Holy shazbot I posted.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2016 01:30 by Jeff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, NF, Nockess, Rock

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
22 Oct 2016 02:34 #8
rip maytin

higy i hope you're real good with php/mysql like you complained about earlier

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

• Thank you received: 198
22 Oct 2016 10:38 #9
Put me as mod

On a serious note, sad to see you're resignation. You have moderated this site for as long as I can think of, and contributed to it a lot! I mean, look at what this site has been!

Also, congratulations HiGuy! Let's see:
Great coder - check!
Great level builder - check!
Has moderating skills - check!
Guy who is always active and not leave for like a week because of PQ stuff - check!

Lastly, where's Jeff?

lee is awesome

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
22 Oct 2016 12:02 #10
Sad to see you go Matan! Loved watching all of your MB videos, especially thw WRR and Replay of the Day videos (they still make me laugh! XD). Hope you come back soon!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
22 Oct 2016 15:21 #11

Lee wrote: Lastly, where's Jeff?

2 posts above yours.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
22 Oct 2016 20:47 #12
I am wary to not misconstrue this as any kind of goodbye - but your activities in your role to date have meant so much to all of us, that the news touches me deeply. It is as good a moment as any to express my best wishes to you for enjoyment and success in everything that you do. And let's talk sometime again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, NF, Weather

• Thank you received: 25
22 Oct 2016 22:34 #13
I think that I speak for everyone here when I say that your contributions and efforts have made a huge difference around here over the years. Even though it's always been just an old simple arcade game, it has made an impact on a decent portion of our lives for some of us (myself certainly included) - and if it weren't for you, nothing would be the way it is today for this community.

So thanks a lot man, it's been real :)

• Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Marble Blast bug hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
22 Oct 2016 23:28 #14
Thanks, Matan, for everything you've done for this community.

If there's a bug, YO! I'll report it!

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
23 Oct 2016 07:29 #15
Thank you Matan for changing the MBG franchise, and the community as a whole. Thank you so much for giving MB players like me a family to be acknowledged at.
And as always,
joj

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• Thank you received: 3
23 Oct 2016 17:14 - 23 Oct 2016 17:15 #16
Thank you, Matan.
All the things you've done for us to bring us back to this wonderful game and re-live our childhoods, we will not forget it. It's been great having you be the leader of this community and pave the way to continue making Marble Blast great. We will miss you dearly.

With many thanks,
AugustMK7

we ball
Last edit: 23 Oct 2016 17:15 by August.

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
  • Thank you received: 65
23 Oct 2016 18:40 #17
Thank you,Matan.

For bringing such good content. Infact,mbp inspired me of entering this great community. Having you as leader and bringing this game to a wonderfull rolling world. We will always miss you.

-With Truth,
Alexnico

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
- marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: MBOUltimate, hPerks

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
24 Oct 2016 00:16 #18
oh and also since i probably looked rude in my last post

so long and thanks for all the fish, matan. you totally rocked the MB community (i didn't even know there was one until a few months ago lol) and kept the game alive when IAC dug the game its own grave

(btw is MBG considered abandonware now? seems like it honestly)

as for higuy update joomla already

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

• Thank you received: 411
24 Oct 2016 00:33 #19
Well MBG is still used for world records... If you want to get a world record on an MBG level it needs to be in vanilla MBG to be valid. As far as I know that's the only use for it.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
24 Oct 2016 12:32 #20
Oh, man... What a news... We feel a bit sad for you, but if you judge it's better for you, we totally respect this decision.
We will never be able to thank you enough for what you did to Marble Blast's existence, and the whole community will never forget this.

Good continuation for PQ.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Thank you received: 67
24 Oct 2016 21:01 #21
Awww, you've been administrator every since there was a marble blast forums, sad to see it change. Thanks for always being a nice guy, and good luck in your life as you move away from Marble Blast. HiGuy is a swag new admin, good luck. :)

• Thank you received: 369
26 Oct 2016 02:43 #22

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- George S. Patton

IsraeliRD (for legacy's sake) was not simply an administrator, he is the pinnacle of the Marble Blast Community. IsraeliRD's decision to create a new Marble Blast Community haven, safe from the spam, flames, and misdirection of the Garage Games forms spawned the Marble Blast Community we know today. IsraeliRD's contributions, direction, and determination to pursue his passion for Marble Blast sparked an ambitious project that would eventually turn into Marble Blast's first community modification. After years of planning, discussions with the original Marble Blast developers, and collaboration with several other members of the Garage Games community, Marble Blast Platinum was conceived, constructed, and completed.

I was lucky enough to have found an interest in Marble Blast during this time and to join the community during its earlier stages and to watch the Platinum project grow from an outlandish idea into the core of the community. IsraeliRD, Perishingflames, Pablo, Andrew, Moshe, and Lonestar are the reason I decided to join and contribute to this fine community. I can honestly say, none of us expected the community to come as far as we have in the long span of time since its conception. From the early days of the Garage Games forums (where I lurked for many years unseen!) to the early days of Proboards, the Marble Blast Council, to the rise and fall of InstantAction and Marble Blast Online, to the Marble Blast community website, and the current state of Marble Blast, IsraeliRD stood strong at the helm to ensure the success of the Platinum project and the Marble Blast community, despite the long hours, stress, and demands of it all.

Anyone who worked with IsraeliRD could tell you he would ensure ideas and project goals were met no matter the cost. IsraeliRD would push team members to complete a certain task based on their skills without having to guide them directly. The result? Take a look at the content of Marble Blast Platinum and judge for yourself!

However, much like Patton, many members did not agree with IsraeliRD's leadership style, nor some of his actions. Some may have found certain decisions rash or short tempered, but I classify them as more of a necessary discipline which demonstrates the pride, care and decisiveness necessary in a leader. I would proudly follow IsraeliRD to the reaches of the world for his ambition, dedication, and will to succeed. These traits are hard to come by, and I have no doubts they will serve you well in your future endeavors!

IsraeliRD has long discussed with the staff his stepping down to pursue more pressing matters in his life, and I am honestly relieved to see the torch being handed down to the next generation of the Marble Blast Community. I see no better fit than HiGuy to lead our community into the next decade of Marble Blast adventures. HiGuy's talent, ingenuity and dedication to this community is simply marvelous, and I am continuously impressed by him each day.

I am sure we will see plenty of IsraeliRD in the coming years, and hope to see him fill the news feed on occasion. I don't think any additional thanks is necessary for you, IsraeliRD, as I think the success of the community and the Platinum project along with the inspiration for the additional Marble Blast mods that have sparked as a result of the Platinum Team speak louder than any thanks I could give.

To everyone else, us Marble Blast old timers are slowly fading away from the community to explore new opportunities and adventures, and we're handing the reigns over to you. I'm still here, and plan to be for the foreseeable future to assist HiGuy and the Marble Blast Community Staff in any means possible. Do not think of this as the end, think of this as the beginning of the next magnificent Marble Blast project that so many of you have shown interest, passion, and contributions towards. In the next decade, I will not be surprised to see a fully fledged standalone game designed by all of you, empowered by all of you, and cherished by the community. It's your turn to inspire the next generation of Marble Blasters :)

Go get 'em, IsraeliRD.

~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph, Marson, Anson, NF, Nockess, Weather

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 108
26 Oct 2016 04:02 #23
Thank you for everything, IsraeliRD. Needless to say, you've contributed a whole lot in this community. Whether it be World Record Rampages, PlatinumQuest, and, of course, how everything in this community started.

• Technostar
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • I Factorial
  • Thank you received: 40
27 Oct 2016 22:33 #24
I haven't posted on these forums in a while (I'm waiting for PQ before making more levels, Citadel Castle was my last big one before PQ is released), but I have stopped by occasionally to see how things are going. Seeing this, I am reminiscing on all the progress our community has made with Matan as the leader. We have gone from a small group running exclusively off of GarageGames's website to a fully-fledged community with several game-changing mods, one of which (MBP) that is practically a full sequel to the original game. Now, we are less than 3 months away from the release of PQ, the largest mod ever constructed for this game. I am grateful for your leadership, Matan! I hope that you find the same enjoyment in your other pursuits that you did in Marble Blast!

System.out.println("Hello");

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
05 Dec 2016 18:45 #25
While I have found myself drifting away from the MB community because of other things in my life, I want to give a heartfelt thank you to everything you have done. Matan, you will be dearly missed.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.