file Today's Schedule...

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
30 May 2011 03:32 #1
It's May 29, 2011, and so far I was working on getting Easter Eggs on Leaderboards! I was on with Israel and Jonybb... I played Astroflight, Basic Agility Course, Sandstorm, and some others... Yeah so now I'm at my grandma's house, and I MAY be staying the night over here... If I do then I'm afraid I won't be on Leaderboards or Marble Blast - at that - for the rest of the night or tomorrow morning... So yeah I played PS2 on this real fun racing game called Rumble Racing. Anyone played it? It's from EA Sports... I'm like, really good at it, (may make videos) and almost beat the whole game today! I'm currently at EA Elite Cup, which is second to (technically last) end cup... I've unlocked every car (including the easter egg ones), but don't have a memory card... That's why I've recorded the codes every time I unlock something! So that was my day for the most part

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
30 May 2011 04:07 #2
Sounds fun. Just a small request: Would you please stop signing off on all your posts? It seems self-aggrandizing. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 15
30 May 2011 04:08 #3
Better go yell at Aayrl too, then.

• Thank you received: 91
30 May 2011 04:11 #4
Agreed with Andrew. It's his post, he can do what he likes with it.

~ Marblefire

• Thank you received: 91
30 May 2011 04:15 #5
May 29, 2011, 9:11pm, marblefire wrote:Agreed with Andrew. It's his post, he can do what he likes with it.

~ Marblefire

Not to argue, but that's not true. There are rules discerning what can and cannot be done with posts, and to think that because its his post means that whatever he wants can be done, is untrue.

Obviously, this isn't a situation where rules apply, although it does get a bit annoying after a while, because as PF said, it seems pretty arrogant. I mean, we all know who posted it, why the annoying sig?

30 May 2011 04:23 #6
May 29, 2011, 9:15pm, nobody wrote:
May 29, 2011, 9:11pm, marblefire wrote:Agreed with Andrew. It's his post, he can do what he likes with it.

~ Marblefire

Not to argue, but that's not true. There are rules discerning what can and cannot be done with posts, and to think that because its his post means that whatever he wants can be done, is untrue.

Obviously, this isn't a situation where rules apply, although it does get a bit annoying after a while, because as PF said, it seems pretty arrogant. I mean, we all know who posted it, why the annoying sig?

Not to argue, but you're wrong. I would love to see a copy of these rules you pulled right out of your ass. It can't be these forum's rules, because there's nothing about signing your posts in there. So then on whose authority do you claim that people don't have the right to do what they want with their posts? No one's? Thought so.

If someone wants to sign every post they make, that's their right. If they want to bold every word of their post, turn it the color pink, italicize it, offset the post to the right of the screen, or whatever, then they should be able to do that. As long as they still get their point across in their post, who gives a damn about what it looks like? As I already stated, Aayrl has done that for years, ever since he first joined this community. If it's such a problem with you, PF and Nobody, why haven't you spoken up about it before now? Is it because Aayrl's a highly-regarded staff member and TW is just a newbie? If it is, that's just sad.

Sorry for sounding pissed off here, but I am. I'm really getting tired of the dictatorial, tyrannical behavior that certain people are making towards some perfectly fine, rule-abiding members.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
30 May 2011 04:30 #7
No one's making him. It was a simple request. Aayrl's signing off doesn't bother me because a) he doesn't post nearly as much as Tech Warrior, b) Aayrl usually chips in with some well-thought out post so the signature is sort of a closing to whatever useful information he is saying, and c) Aayrl has been around much longer and is an esteemed member.

30 May 2011 05:01 #8
May 29, 2011, 9:30pm, perishingflames wrote:No one's making him. It was a simple request. Aayrl's signing off doesn't bother me because a) he doesn't post nearly as much as Tech Warrior

So what? Whether someone posts more or less often than another, that shouldn't matter when it comes to formatting.

May 29, 2011, 9:30pm, perishingflames wrote:b) Aayrl usually chips in with some well-thought out post so the signature is sort of a closing to whatever useful information he is saying

Again, so what? The content of a post should not matter when it comes to how they format it. And you think that Tech Warrior's posts aren't useful? Let's see...he has a blog board where he posts about himself, he's part of some mods, he codes, he contributes to general MB discussion topics and has even started a few...yea, TW isn't all that contributive here, is he?

May 29, 2011, 9:30pm, perishingflames wrote:c) Aayrl has been around much longer and is an esteemed member.

Isn't this basically what I said in my previous post? Aayrl has done that for years, ever since he first joined this community. If it's such a problem with you, PF and Nobody, why haven't you spoken up about it before now? Is it because Aayrl's a highly-regarded staff member and TW is just a newbie? If it is, that's just sad.

I'm just troubled and puzzled by you and some other people's attitudes towards some of our newer members. You have a newer member and a staff member doing the exact same thing, yet as soon as the newer member starts doing it, he gets jumped on for it. For some reason you're jumping down his throat for a trivial matter just because he's newer, and you like the staff member more. Sorry, but that's grossly unfair and just plain wrong.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
30 May 2011 05:08 #9
If anyone wants my opinion, I don't understand or get why the crap my signature is such a big deal. Why does it bother you? Is it because of what Andrew said? I don't get why on earth it sounds self-aggrandizing, because there are TONS of members that do it! Not just Aayrl! And PF, I find your last post rather rude... Useful information?! Are you saying that I spam? I try my best to help out and contibute to this community the best that I can, and just because I'm newer than Aayrl doesn't mean I can't make my own signature! Agreeing with Andrew and already knowing this, I have every right to do whatever I want with my post...

And nobody, if you really think that my sig is annoying, why haven't you questioned any other member about their sigs?! Whatever...

Sorry if I sounded rude and overpowering, but tbh the above discussion is absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: And thank you Andrew for realizing that this is not a big deal at all!

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 0
30 May 2011 05:21 #10
May 29, 2011, 9:15pm, nobody wrote:Not to argue, but that's not true. There are rules discerning what can and cannot be done with posts, and to think that because its his post means that whatever he wants can be done, is untrue.

Gee, I'm sorry that I wasn't literal enough for you. I think we both know that as a staff member, I have to duty to respond to spam/links to illegal downloads/etc when I see them in a post. I am not suggesting that these things are OK, and I never have. What I meant is that aesthetically, a post is yours. You can decorate it how you wish. Did you feel that I was honestly implying otherwise?

May 29, 2011, 9:30pm, perishingflames wrote:No one's making him. It was a simple request. Aayrl's signing off doesn't bother me because a) he doesn't post nearly as much as Tech Warrior, b) Aayrl usually chips in with some well-thought out post so the signature is sort of a closing to whatever useful information he is saying, and c) Aayrl has been around much longer and is an esteemed member.

That's favoritism. Explain it away however you like, but reason c) makes it especially clear.

In conclusion, I would like to apologize to Tech Warrior for this incident. This really shouldn't have come up.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
30 May 2011 05:24 #11
No. No it shouldn't 've... I don't even want to hear what nobody OR PF has to say about this... Could you please lock this marblefire? What a way to talk about my day over something stupid...

~ Tech Warrior

• Thank you received: 0
30 May 2011 14:21 #12
What a way to turn a blog post nasty, and force it to be locked. Well done, guys. Sorry Tech.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.999 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.