• Blasted
  • Blasted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
More
15 Jun 2016 23:53 #1 by Blasted

hPerks wrote: Pulse
This one was inspired by Super Mario Galaxy's Beat Block Galaxy. The background music (also called "Pulse") was written specifically for this level, with the metronome sounds synchronized with the "beat blocks" and other things. Two reasons I decided to abandon this idea back then: 1) intense lag, as you can see, and 2) I found out that a level with a similar theme had already been made. Still, I might keep going with it at some point - the mechanics seem to work nicely.

Believe it or not, I actually thought of doing a level quite similar to this particular one. Only this time, the inspiration would come from Super Mario 3D World's Beep Block Skyway. I already have a level like that in the making. Will probably remake it after realizing the scaling object mechanic can do better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
15 Jun 2016 23:59 #2 by Weather
Replied by Weather on topic June 15, 2016 - My old level ideas, part 1

BlastedMarble wrote: Only this time, the inspiration would come from Super Mario 3D World's Beep Block Skyway.

Believe it or not, I made a level like that (same inspiration too) a while ago. :P It's broken though, so like you I might make a better version, but more likely just implement the idea into a larger level.

hPerks wrote: In other news, I've started work on a much larger programming project which I hope to update you guys on soon.

tl;dr joj song generator

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
More
16 Jun 2016 00:18 #3 by Three
Replied by Three on topic June 15, 2016 - My old level ideas, part 1

hPerks wrote: That does mean however that I'm having to revise my levels quite a lot, and sometimes even start over from scratch with a different layout. A level like Gravity Swap, while it did (somehow) win Level of the Month, would not have made it past my filter today - the layout is too bland and spacious, and parts of it are just annoyingly clunky. If I had to do it all over again, I would have made it more closed, maybe even putting walls and a ceiling around some parts to give a clearer sense of direction. That kind of thing. Or I might have just given up and switched to a different idea, as I seem to do a lot nowadays. ;)

Funnily enough, my first 2015 level (Flip Out!) was inspired by your Gravity Swap level.

hPerks wrote: This one was inspired by Super Mario Galaxy's Beat Block Galaxy.

Great minds are inspired by the same source material, I guess *coughthatlevelintrailer2cough*

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
More
16 Jun 2016 00:25 #4 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic June 15, 2016 - My old level ideas, part 1
Very impressed with these ideas. These levels would look like a lot of fun to play - I suggest you finish the incomplete levels (if you can find a way to do so). I especially like the "It Takes Two" idea.

hPerks wrote: If I had to do it all over again,

Let that sink in... ;)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.940 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.