Reply: PlatinumQuest crashes right after a fresh install

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: PlatinumQuest crashes right after a fresh install

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• Josep_Nollette
26 Sep 2017 23:26

Could that (partly) explain why PQ ran smoothly on Ubuntu's Wine but not on Windows 7? I wonder what Wine had that Windows 7 doesn't.
Thanks anyway.

[hr]
BTW I checked and found that my GPU is a Intel®HDGraphics2000. The requirements for the game call for an Intel HD Graphics 3000 or newer. The fact that PQ could run with the same GPU in Ubuntu with Wine is still puzzling.

• HiGuy
24 Sep 2017 22:55

This is another instance of the bug where GL_EXT_texture_array support is detected but doesn't actually work. The next update should provide better checking for this and hopefully fix this.

• Josep_Nollette
18 Sep 2017 04:13

Hi.
I have just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my ThinkCentre M91p, and then installed Java. When I ran PlatinumQuest and it launched, it suddenly crashed after the loading screen (i.e. when it entered the 'playing' state.)
The game was already running perfectly on Wine in my previous operating system (Ubuntu GNOME 16.04).
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
EDIT: Just to clarify, my Windows 7 is 32-bit. My Ubuntu GNOME was 64-bit. Maybe that has something to do with the inability to run the game?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.876 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.