Reply: [OPEN] Torque Constructor camera is extremely choppy.

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: [OPEN] Torque Constructor camera is extremely choppy.

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• Aayrl
24 May 2017 03:17

Interesting, nice write-up, Jiquor.

I'm curious if installing an older driver for peripheral devices would have a similar effect.

Oh, and a word of caution, the solution posted by Jiquor requires a modification of your Windows Registry. You should ALWAYS exercise caution when making changes to the system registry. Inspect the .reg file and ensure you understand what changes it will make to your system before you blindly execute the file. It may also be a good idea to make a backup of any existing registry entries which may be effected by the .reg file you're about to execute.

Would be interested to know if anyone does give this a shot and experiences an improvement. I cannot personally test, as I am a QuArK builder and have not had any issues with sporadic mouse movement and the QuArK preview camera.

~Aayrl

• Frostfire
15 May 2017 20:40

Just for future problem-havers, I have not had this issue on Windows 8.1.

• Jiquor
15 May 2017 17:45

I've found this to be a huge problem for users running Windows 8, Windows 10 or anything above, and I can say that this is because Windows uses a new mouse-system for anything about Win8 that completely breaks older games (like you said when the mouse/camera twirls, spins, and does random crap in many directions and angles at the speed of light.) This happens with these types of operating systems only, because Microsoft made it so your mouse doesn't snap back to the center when you move the mouse.

This isn't fixable with Torque or the Control Panel itself. You'll have to download a piece of regedit developed by a user who had a problem with some of his older games, just like you and just like me.
The link below will help you solve the problem. Follow the steps carefully, and be sure to input the right one into the system.

I've experienced a VERY similar problem with what your going through - with MB, Constructor, and many other older games.
The easy fix can be downloaded here (Read the instructions WITH CAUTION and CARE, then run the appropriate registry file for your OS to install the fix.)

• Aayrl
15 May 2017 17:08

Sorry to resurrect this 6+ month old topic, but I'm curious if you ever found a solution, Kwill?

~Aayrl

• Kwill
29 Dec 2016 15:53

I just re-downloaded Constructor on a new computer and opened up an old map I'm resuming work on. I'm suddenly finding it extremely difficult to control the camera with my right mouse button. If I move it more than the teensiest bit, the camera goes nuts: flipping upside-down, spinning in circles, jerking back and forth. It's exceedingly annoying to find a suitable angle from which to work on my map on. I've adjusted the mouse speed and precision settings in Control Panel, to no avail.

Running Windows 10.

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.