Reply: Norton Causing a Fiasco!

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: Norton Causing a Fiasco!

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• thebourret
09 Dec 2017 14:57

Yesterday, I disabled Norton auto protect for 15 minutes. I ran the launcher right after doing that, and the game worked, but when auto protect turned itself on after 15 minutes, Norton deleted the exe file again.

• Anonymous
08 Dec 2017 02:01

I'm having the same issue with Microsoft Security Essentials. I wondered what suddenly made my EXE disappear. I tried moving it to another folder, and it kept disappearing every time I ran the launcher, with a MSE notification appearing on my screen saying some threat was removed.
Why, MSE, WHY???

[hr]
Okay, never mind. I've been able to configure MSE to ignore the game folder, and now it works again!

• HiGuy
07 Dec 2017 22:20

Does it say this for the latest version? A quick VirusTotal scan shows that the latest core files should be clean.

• thebourret
06 Dec 2017 21:32

Hello everyone, I have Kaspersky on another Windows 10 desktop with the newer version of platinum quest, but I still got the same errors saying that the game cannot open, because it may be unsafe. Norton is not installed on that Windows 10 desktop. Usually I use my windows 7 desktop for platinum quest, but both computers kept getting the same error.

• Jacob
31 Oct 2017 14:13

Yeah, used to have norton and now have Kaspersky.

• Kalle29
31 Oct 2017 10:56

Hello, I had that problem too. I initially solved it by using Norton's whitelist options, but then I simply deleted Norton because it's a terrible antivirus software.

• thebourret
30 Oct 2017 04:17

Hi Everyone, I am using a Windows 7 desktop, and recently when I installed the updated versions of Platinum Quest, Norton is completely freaking out! It thinks that it's a threat to my computer. It wants me to remove it, because it just says that there is not enough information to prove that it's recommended. It didn't use to do this, so I didn't believe that it was a threat to my computer, so I clicked run anyway. After, Norton said that I must restart my computer. Now each time I try to run the game, Norton automatically deletes the exe file in the game directory before I can even click on anything in the directory folder. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

This happens ONLY on my Windows 7 desktop. It does not happen on my Windows 10 desktop at my other home.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.807 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.